Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah because it suits you to do so

Kane being toilet between August and December doesn’t mean he’s “still got it” because he scored last February

Kane suffering under Nuno between August and December doesn't mean he hasn't, when only last season he took home the Golden Boot and scored 14 league goals from January to May.

You suit yourself too. I just don't know why you are trying so hard to convince yourself that Kane is crap all of a sudden.

Tell yourself whatever you like, but you can't tell me someone who finds the net 41 times in a year is bad at finishing.

In any other season (i.e. not under awful Nuno) he'd have 7 league goals by now. Take those in exchange for his 'fortuitous' hauls against San Marino etc.
Of course he is not a bad finisher. But due to him being so rubbish physically, (now he is not just slow but actually weak as well ), he is having a lot of trouble scoring against decent teams because we cant just go and dominate a good team and put lots of chances for him on a plate.

We also suffer because he cant press as well as other players. We'd do well if we get a second striker who can slowly and steadily take over and phase Kane out (or sell him in jan).

Well so are most international strikers goals when it comes down to it arent they no??
True but trying to say look Kane has 41 goals when most of them have been against the worst teams, it means absolutely nothing at all. At least it shoudlnt mean anything to our clubs chances as we dont get to face teams that bad in the premier league. Even Mura would beat the shit out of San Marino.

This is what I suggested at the beginning of the year but people just called me an weird Asian Woolwich fan

He's no longer has what it takes to be a good #9 at the PL level

I can see him being a good #10 -
that is, if his body allows him to over the course of an entire season.
I remember that and I thought you were an idiot for saying it. But turns out you werent.

Of course he is not a bad finisher. But due to him being so rubbish physically, (now he is not just slow but actually weak as well ), he is having a lot of trouble scoring against decent teams because we cant just go and dominate a good team and put lots of chances for him on a plate.

I agree. But that's a team problem not a Harry problem. We used to do just that, back when we had a potent and varied offense. I still think the problem is we never replaced Eriksen's creativity and Poch's tactics.

We also suffer because he cant press as well as other players. We'd do well if we get a second striker who can slowly and steadily take over and phase Kane out (or sell him in jan).

I would say be careful what you wish for. He's our best player, and replacing him will be even harder than replacing Eriksen or Poch.

I don't know mate - I just think that if Kane just really focused on being a distributor, he'd be very good at it. We're seeing glimpses here and there of what's possible but I feel like he's being hindered in some ways because he's still trying to be a #9. He's just much more valuable to us as a player that solely focuses on distribution. He's not the #9 we need right now.

Or... if we could just sell him in January/next summer that'd be good as well but looks less and less likely every game.

This viewpoint has Merit

I agree. But that's a team problem not a Harry problem. We used to do just that, back when we had a potent and varied offense. I still think the problem is we never replaced Eriksen's creativity and Poch's tactics.

I would say be careful what you wish for. He's our best player, and replacing him will be even harder than replacing Eriksen or Poch.
I think we havent replaced Dembele which is a big problem, we tried to with Ndombele but hes turned out ...how hes turned out.

We would have to upgrade at least 7 players in the first team to get anything close to how we used to. But that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

So in the absence of that what we wish for is a striker who will not just score goals but also move around, makes runs over and over again and presses tirelessly. With Kane in there, our press fails because 1 guy doesnt move much at all. He used to be one of our best players but hes not anymore. Theres not much to replace right now.

I think we havent replaced Dembele which is a big problem, we tried to with Ndombele but hes turned out ...how hes turned out.

Sure. He's another we've missed since his departure, of course.

We would have to upgrade at least 7 players in the first team to get anything close to how we used to. But that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

So in the absence of that what we wish for is a striker who will not just score goals but also move around, makes runs over and over again and presses tirelessly. With Kane in there, our press fails because 1 guy doesnt move much at all. He used to be one of our best players but hes not anymore. Theres not much to replace right now.

I don't think you can accuse Kane of not pressing. He's not Ronaldo. Give Conte some time to get him back in form.

That's how I'm feeling about it anyway.

True but trying to say look Kane has 41 goals when most of them have been against the worst teams, it means absolutely nothing at all. At least it shoudlnt mean anything to our clubs chances as we dont get to face teams that bad in the premier league. Even Mura would beat the shit out of San Marino.

It means plenty considering the Premier League is where he got his Golden Boot last season. The point is that he can still find the back of the net when he's in form and has chances.

Nunoball wasn't for him.

Kane suffering under Nuno between August and December doesn't mean he hasn't, when only last season he took home the Golden Boot and scored 14 league goals from January to May.

You suit yourself too. I just don't know why you are trying so hard to convince yourself that Kane is crap all of a sudden.
Errrr because he is crap all of a sudden

Why are you trying to convince yourself he isn’t is the real question

It means plenty considering the Premier League is where he got his Golden Boot last season. The point is that he can still find the back of the net when he's in form and has chances.

Nunoball wasn't for him.
The number 41 means nothing though because its embellished with goals vs likes of albania, sanmarino , , pacopaco something (cant remember name) If he scored half his PL goals last season before jan and half this calender year (i dont want to go check), then its around 12-13 PL goals this calender year. Its not good. Even 15 would be bleh.

Like you said, lets hope Conte can help him turn this around, i have serious doubts though due to the obvious physical decline.

Errrr because he is crap all of a sudden

Then blame Nuno and the transfer saga, because a Golden Boot winner doesn't become Past It in a summer where he also scored 4 knockout goals in an international tournament.

He's clearly not crap. There's something wrong, and I think Conte will find the solution.

Now, the ball to Emerson was sublime but I reckon I could have played that ball to Reggie.

I'm no Kane hater - I kind of named my son after him - but it'll be interesting to see what happens in Jan.

Can't see Don Tony wanting rid so is all about if Kane still wants to go.

The number 41 means nothing though because its embellished with goals vs likes of albania, sanmarino , , pacopaco something (cant remember name) If he scored half his PL goals last season before jan and half this calender year (i dont want to go check), then its around 12-13 PL goals this calender year. Its not good. Even 15 would be bleh.

And typically only half a season's worth. Outside of Nuno's PL campaign, Kane's been doing mostly what he is supposed to be doing, and even despite this drag factor is still at 41 successful finishes. Scoring hat-tricks against lesser teams is exactly what top strikers are meant to do.

Just saying (to whoever it was) that Kane's finishing is still pretty damn good.

Now, the ball to Emerson was sublime but I reckon I could have played that ball to Reggie.

I'm no Kane hater - I kind of named my son after him - but it'll be interesting to see what happens in Jan.

No team is going to bid for him.

As much as he might hate it, he's stuck with us.

that's the point
I believe that he could regret a departure, maybe he should believe in conte's ambition: a trophy won with tottenham will never be similar to a trophy won with manpetrol city

Back
Top Bottom