Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs to up his shooting.

He seems to be looking for the perfect opportunity to shoot now, which just gives the defenders more time to close him down. I think that he would benefit from going back to how he played when he was young and just shooting at the first best opportunity. The more shots you take the higher a chance for one to go in.

He seems to be looking for the perfect opportunity to shoot now, which just gives the defenders more time to close him down. I think that he would benefit from going back to how he played when he was young and just shooting at the first best opportunity. The more shots you take the higher a chance for one to go in.

Probably being reading this thread and is now terrified of xG.

I don't think this is the case, he isn't shooting differently to how he was shooting last season, only difference is that he was getting more chances and fashioning out his own ones.

Last edited:
Kane made three meaningful passes tonight

Is this what now constitutes a good game for him? Have we just totally written off scoring goals and assisting now, because “everyone else doesn’t create”…..?

“What a player” I’ve heard, fuck me some of our fans love a bit mediocrity don’t they.

Kane basically turning into a poor mans Sissoko, and some are drooling

He has to work on his pointing though

Then blame Nuno and the transfer saga, because a Golden Boot winner doesn't become Past It in a summer where he also scored 4 knockout goals in an international tournament.

He's clearly not crap. There's something wrong, and I think Conte will find the solution.

Blame nuno?
For Kane not turning up for training and starting the season and fat slug?

Great performance from Harry last night. All it lacked was a goal but without him in the team we'd have struggled to win that match.
Some of his passing was mind blowing. On more than one occassion exposing the mediocrity of his team mates.
MotM for me by some distance

He played well yesterday.
Striker misses sitter, makes more crap passes than good ones, not once wins possession from the Champo defenders nonchalantly tapping it around him with their goalkeeper, causes zero threat in the air, makes a few terrible runs, but played well because he made three good passes and nothing else in 90 miniutes.

Remember when we used to celebrate Kane scoring

Great performance from Harry last night. All it lacked was a goal but without him in the team we'd have struggled to win that match.
Some of his passing was mind blowing. On more than one occassion exposing the mediocrity of his team mates.
MotM for me by some distance

He made a few good passes yes but for most of the game he was pretty much anonymous

Skippy MotM for me

Couple of mistakes but generally a good game with 100% effort and commitment!

Striker misses sitter, makes more crap passes than good ones, not once wins possession from the Champo defenders nonchalantly tapping it around him with their goalkeeper, causes zero threat in the air, makes a few terrible runs, but played well because he made three good passes and nothing else in 90 miniutes.

Ahhh....those were the days.....

history channel river hunters GIF by HISTORY UK

You're now boring as fuck. You were amusing for a while, but your clear trolling is now tiresome. NDomBadBoy clearly rates Kane far less than most others, but at least he's not just posting to either wind others up, or posting pure nonsense just to get attention, as you so obviously do.

If Harry scored a hat-trick against Man City in a Champions League final you would just spout absolutely drivel after, just the opposite to what the majority would be saying basically. I honestly think your Mum or lady, if you have the latter, must have some sort of serious thing for Harry and it really, really bothers you.

You're now boring as fuck. You were amusing for a while, but your clear trolling is now tiresome. NDomBadBoy clearly rates Kane far less than most others, but at least he's not just posting to either wind others up, or posting pure nonsense just to get attention, as you so obviously do.

If Harry scored a hat-trick against Man City in a Champions League final you would just spout absolutely drivel after, just the opposite to what the majority would be saying basically. I honestly think your Mum or lady, if you have the latter, must have some sort of serious thing for Harry and it really, really bothers you.

But Harry won’t score a hat trick against Man City…….so what exactly is your point?

He made three good passes last night….I’ve credited him with what he did well.

If you think that’s good over 90, then great

He can be entertaining, and I have some respect for anyone who can take it as much as he or she can give it. Which he does.

But it doesn't matter what Kane does, how he performs or against who, he has an agenda and nothing will change that whatsoever.

It will change when Kane plays to a standard higher than Winks and Moura

And typically only half a season's worth. Outside of Nuno's PL campaign, Kane's been doing mostly what he is supposed to be doing, and even despite this drag factor is still at 41 successful finishes. Scoring hat-tricks against lesser teams is exactly what top strikers are meant to do.

Just saying (to whoever it was) that Kane's finishing is still pretty damn good.
I think you will find top strikers are meant to score against the top teams to be considered top strikers, even Carlos Vinicius scored hattricks against lesser teams. Is that how far Kane has fallen?

But Harry won’t score a hat trick against Man City…….so what exactly is your point?

He made three good passes last night….I’ve credited him with what he did well.

If you think that’s good over 90, then great

I think everyone other than yourself thought he gave a 7 out of 10 sort of performance. Which while being nothing great, is acceptable. He's the only player we have that can hit the passes he does. Son can't. Lo Celso can't. Skipp can't. As usual you make it sound like he could barely stand up properly last night. I'm sure Antonio, while wanting him to start scoring in the Premier League, was more than content with his individual performance.

I think everyone other than yourself thought he gave a 7 out of 10 sort of performance. Which while being nothing great, is acceptable. He's the only player we have that can hit the passes he does. Son can't. Lo Celso can't. Skipp can't. As usual you make it sound like he could barely stand up properly last night. I'm sure Antonio, while wanting him to start scoring in the Premier League, was more than content with his individual performance.
Wow a 7
What’s a 10 then? Triple hat trick?

Tottenham showed clear improvement under Antonio Conte with a comfortable 2-0 win against Brentford in the Premier League.

The win means the Italian manager has won two of his first three Premier League games, with goals from Ben Davies and Son Heung-min doing the trick on a cold Thursday evening at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Despite the numerous positives on the day, it was yet another frustrating evening for striker and England captain Harry Kane, who again fluffed his lines when put through on goal.

Kane has now only scored once in the league this season, and despite being on fire for England his league form needs addressing.

And the experienced Conte is putting in the work to get him back to his best.

LondonWorld brings you some of the creative ways Antonio Conte and his coaching staff are working to bring him up to speed.

Working on his Psychology

Harry Kane is obviously still recovering from not being allowed to join Manchester City, in a move that would have definitely been a British record.

The striker wants to win trophies, and knows he will be a better record-maker if he can add trophies to all the goals.

But Conte and his team are already convincing him to have a rethink.

They have even thrown in the idea that it would be worth much more to win the league with Tottenham, his boyhood club, than winning it elsewhere.

That sort of psychology is what the Italian winner is built on.

He got into the head of players like Lukaku, who he thought was under-valued at Manchester United, and took him to Inter Milan where he became a goal machine.

Keeping him in the box as much as possible​

Another aspect of Kane’s game Conte is trying to tweak is his tendency to drop deep and create space for other players.

Even though that in itself is a good trait to have, it doesn’t quite suit what the Italian manager expects from his forwards.

He wants the English captain to start the press and remain in his designated space, instead of crashing into others because he wants to make things happen.

Conte micro-manages the space quite well and his eagle eyes can tell when a player is out of shape.

His brother, Gianluca Conte, always seated in the press box, provides information on the positions and details of players who are responding to the instructions and those who are not.

He uses sophisticated software that helps him capture real-time images of players who are in shape with or without the ball.

Gianluca Conte was feeding information to his brother throughout the Brentford clash about Harry Kane.

This is designed to improve the forward’s position in the box and when on the press.

Creating an environment similar to England​

Conte has been trying to create an open-door environment at Hotspur Way, which is quite similar to the approach Gareth Southgate used during England’s Euro 2020 campaign.

There has been talk of using Steven Bergwijn as a centre-forward, and that is because Conte is quite open with who deserves to play and who doesn’t.

He wants his players to fight for minutes.

At the moment, Conte doesn’t feel there is enough competition for Kane.

The Italian believes that the form of players like Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Tammy Abraham is bringing the best out of their captain for England.

Conte wants a similar environment at Hotspur Way, where hard work is rewarded.

He thinks this will get the striker back to fighting for his slot.

Making him much leaner​

Since Antonio Conte’s arrival at Tottenham, the players have been feeling the extra gym sessions.

This doesn’t apply only to Kane, but there is a general feeling within the coaching staff that players have to shed a little more weight, and Kane is one of those.

The banning of fizzy drinks and tomato ketchup is designed to reduce the number of muscle injuries.

Bring in players to lift the overall quality of the team​

After the Europa Conference League defeat to Mura, there was a general acceptance that the quality of the team was very low and even Conte was brave enough to point out the deficiency to the press.

There are talks behind closed doors on bringing in some players that will compete with the established starters like Kane and Son.

Those signing will also instantly improve the team to give Kane a hand, and improve the service he receives in the final third of the game to make scoring much easier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom