Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well we should be on the front foot today and able to create a few chances for goals but we need Harry to bag one .
Yeah should have been against the five teams I mentioned too

I’m not really sure of the importance for Harry to score, just that someone does.

With January coming up we should be looking at the start of the post Kane era, not hoping for him to return to 2017 form, it won’t happen.

From the article.

“In this moment, I am answering in this way. I hope later to improve the situation, to improve the confidence of all players, and to see that maybe without Harry we can cover the situation, not in the same way, but in a way that can be good to get three points.

“In this moment, honestly, I don’t see this team starting without Harry.”

Conte is no fool. He answered as best he can, and he hedged his bet. Fair play.

So, that’s a lot of words but not one word of it is on topic.

Do you think that a peak Kane should have been rotated with a top striker a few seasons back?

If yes, then your mocking post about dropping a peak Kane makes you look stupid.

If no, then you claiming our policy regarding Kane was wrong makes you look stupid.

Either way, not a good look.
So im stupid 😅😅 mocking post?? Please explain. I said kane at the time was on fire couldnt be dropped. I said no top striker was going to play 15 min a game like YOU said or against smaller teams in cup comp like YOU said. Tell me a top striker who would please?

Lewandoski hits 27 goals for the season, 16 league and 9 CL with goals against Barca and Benfica

Kane on 9, 1 league and 8 EL Conference with goals against Mura and Pacos

#similar

So im stupid 😅😅 mocking post?? Please explain. I said kane at the time was on fire couldnt be dropped. I said no top striker was going to play 15 min a game like YOU said or against smaller teams in cup comp like YOU said. Tell me a top striker who would please?

I said a top striker should have been given guarantees of rotation.
I said our policy was wrong, so why should he only get 15 minutes?
Kane should have been rotated for 30 minutes, a whole half, a whole CL game, eventually starting on the bench in some PL games, maybe playing two up top, maybe rested for a whole PL game….

You said he shouldn’t be benched, but still claim our policy was wrong.
That’s a contradiction.
You see it, which is why you keep avoiding directly answering the question.

Would you, or would you not have rotated a peak Kane with a top striker?

Hope H gets a goal or 2 today. I've got some amazing stats (real ones) lined up.
If he doesn't score but the team plays well and wins that's fantastic, too.

I said a top striker should have been given guarantees of rotation.
I said our policy was wrong, so why should he only get 15 minutes?
Kane should have been rotated for 30 minutes, a whole half, a whole CL game, eventually starting on the bench in some PL games, maybe playing two up top, maybe rested for a whole PL game….

You said he shouldn’t be benched, but still claim our policy was wrong.
That’s a contradiction.
You see it, which is why you keep avoiding directly answering the question.

Would you, or would you not have rotated a peak Kane with a top striker?
A top striker wouldnt have come. Fucking hell. I never said we shouldnt get one!!!!!!

Well we should be on the front foot today and able to create a few chances for goals but we need Harry to bag one .

I think for his sake Kane needs to.

He is somewhat fortunate England don't possess a striker who can usurp him but maybe that's also part of the problem.

Strictly from a Spurs perspective I hope he scores soon and no better point than the next opportunity.

But having nobody to push him at club or country for the last 5 years, probably gives us what we have today, in terms of his physical shape.

I just hope Conte has a striker lined up for January. See Origi (again) for why you must and should always have options.

Last edited:
1. I do not believe that City only offered 75m for Kane.
2. If Grealish went for 100m then Kane would be more.
3. Levy should have sold Kane for 100m plus, but never worth 150m.
4. Kane’s head was turned.
5. Kane, Sterling and McGuire’s form after Euros all suffered.
6. In Contes judgement I trust for the best for Spurs.
7. If Conte keeps, sells or re positions Kane so be it.
I remain intrigued on point 7

I’ve genuinely no clue either way as to contes thinking on Harry Kane ….. whilst few managers wouldn’t want a world class (arguable) striker you have to wonder if he hinders contes, play on the break model of offense which if so also nets you a tidy 100m to spend

The man is currently giving nothing away

So, that’s a lot of words but not one word of it is on topic.

Do you think that a peak Kane should have been rotated with a top striker a few seasons back?

If yes, then your mocking post about dropping a peak Kane makes you look stupid.

If no, then you claiming our policy regarding Kane was wrong makes you look stupid.

Either way, not a good look.
He seems to be wilting under the close Sammy

He should’ve been imo … Harry had a purple patch so purple that during it he actually got parenthesised when discussing Ronnie and Messi as current worlds best players

It would’ve taken a Fergie-esk strength of character to do it at the time but I’m not sure we’d have lost points by doing so with a measure of skill and might well have extended Harry’s elevated performance for longer

Harry’s a bigger lad than both Ronaldo and Messi and just didn’t get away with putting his considerable frame through high intensity pressing minutes

Might’ve prevented some of the injuries aside from the fatigue stress

Back
Top Bottom