Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So who is right? Spammy or Dumbboy or Notter or Izzy or Conte?

"Harry has shown to the club a great commitment and he shows every day a great attitude, a great behaviour and we are talking about a world class striker and a fantastic player."

"If you saw the goal he scored against Leicester the assist he made for the Bergwijn goal, you understand the quality and the value of this player."

"Apart from this we are talking about a really good guy, an honest person and a person who wants to work hard to improve. You can think this is normal but sometimes you can find players with great talent but lazy but doesn't want to put themselves to the service of the team."

NDomNumbNuts will say that Conte is just being nice.

Conte: Eric Dier can be world class

:harrylol:

Son had 4 goals in a game last season on 4 shots. So Kane at his best would score 5 or 6? LOLOLOL

Kane had 1 goal on 10 shots and 2 big chances missed and you and your fellow delusional Kane FC fans are saying he had the best modern CF performance

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

You know someone has lost an argument when they type "LOLOLOL".

Stop trying to be a poor man's sammyspurs and get your own schtick.

You know someone has lost an argument when they type "LOLOLOL".

Stop trying to be a poor man's sammyspurs.
*I have no good response for Ndombadboy so i'll just try to divert his attention away to something else. I also told him that I put him on ignore for the 17th time but I really can't help myself - I hope he doesn't notice.

:dembelelol:

Son had 4 goals in a game last season on 4 shots. So Kane at his best would score 5 or 6? LOLOLOL

Kane had 1 goal on 10 shots and 2 big chances missed and you and your fellow delusional Kane FC fans are saying he had the best modern CF

I want you to answer this question, with only the player name and no additional opinion. I want to see if you can do it.

Who won the most recent PL golden boot?

You would expect that if he had any expectation of maintaining credibility, he would have changed his name from fucking Ndombadboy fucking ages ago.

The guy is absolutely not well.

I outlined what the point was in the preface to the question.
He won the Golden Boot because he took most of our shots last season which ultimately led us to a shit 7th place finish. Had we given Son or Bale the greenlight to shoot we'd have converted more chances. But yeah, go and celebrate Kane's 13% goal conversion rate and +0 goals above his xG. He was bang average.

What this club sacrifices to get Kane the shots/goals and individual accolades he wants... so sad.

Non Pen Goals / Shots Last Season

Son: 16 goals / 67 shots
Bale: 11 goals / 38 shots
Kane: 19 goals / 133 shots

Kane took double the shots of Son to score 3 more goals.

:mourweird:

Kane had 1 goal on 10 shots and 2 big chances missed and you and your fellow delusional Kane FC fans are saying he had the best modern CF performance

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

It's incredible how simplistically you view football to the point where you're boiling a great CF performance down to his shot to goal ratio. Also, nobody said it was the 'best modern CF performance', I said it was the best CF performance I've watched THIS season in the Premier League. Not the most clinical, but the most dominant, he couldn't be defended against. He displayed everything a manager could want from a CF, and threw in a world class passing range on top of it.

As a Spurs fan you should've been able to watch that game and go 'holy fucking shit they can't handle him, what a player, I'm glad we have him' but instead you're blabbering on about shot to goal ratios and exceeding xG in a game where he scored, assisted and had their defence shitting themselves for an entire match. Where's your stat for all the brilliant passes he sprayed out wide to teammates in good positions, where's your stats for how many times he won the ball in the air, or held the ball up, or skipped past defenders?

It's incredible how simplistically you view football to the point where you're boiling a great CF performance down to his shot to goal ratio. Also, nobody said it was the 'best modern CF performance', I said it was the best CF performance I've watched THIS season in the Premier League. Not the most clinical, but the most dominant, he couldn't be defended against. He displayed everything a manager could want from a CF, and threw in a world class passing range on top of it.

As a Spurs fan you should've been able to watch that game and go 'holy fucking shit they can't handle him, what a player, I'm glad we have him' but instead you're blabbering on about shot to goal ratios and exceeding xG in a game where he scored, assisted and had their defence shitting themselves for an entire match. Where's your stat for all the brilliant passes he sprayed out wide to teammates in good positions, where's your stats for how many times he won the ball in the air, or held the ball up, or skipped past defenders?
Lucas Moura had a similar performance this season against Palace this season. Difference is, he didn’t take 10 shots and only convert 1, missing 2 big chances.

For the record, I have nothing against Kane. I actually love the guy. I just have a thing against delusional fans that want to make this club Kane FC thereby seeing him as the only worthy player and seeing everyone as shit. There needs to be balance

Do you reckon he took more shots because he is our only striker? Or nah?
No, not really.

Kane’s not the only guy that can play striker and do it well. Son can step into that role and put up similar numbers and probably more efficiently.

Elite player need to do better than +0 goals above xG which Kane was at last year despite his goal total. This season, Kane is at -4 goals under his xG. It’s atrocious.

Son has been our best player since the start of 18/19. If you want to make the argument that Hugo has been better, I won’t dispute that.

I am not Lewandowski fanboy. Not even close to it. I just follow more football than only English game. I am emotionally and in every other possible way more attached to Kane. He is one of our own. And he is technically very-very good. He sees passing chances and is able to execute those passes really superbly as well. It is a great asset to have.

It is true that level of opposition varies in CL as well. There are smaller teams than just top 4 from EPL, LaLiga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1. But may I remind that in EPL we also have Norwich, Newcastle and other such wank?!? Across such number of games those differences will even out. It is true that not all games are against Real, PSG and Liverpool, but you cannot keep that kind of scoring ratio up only by scoring against weak teams. Furthermore - I even pointed out that in 19/20 he scored a goal in every single match except the final. That run included scoring 2 against us, 3 goals + 4 assists (!!) against Chelsea, 1 goal + 1 assist against Barca and 1+1 again against Lyon.
If we look at whole of his playing career, he has
26 goals + 3 assists against Dortmund
8 goals against RB Leipzig (that totally dominated us in Europe, if you recall)
6 goals + 1 assist against Real Madrid (8 games)
5 goals against Bayern
4 goals + 4 assists against Woolwich (8 games)
4 goals + 2 assists against Barca (6 games)
3 goals + 5 assists against Chelsea
2 goals against Atletico and Spurs

With 3rd paragraph you are just embarrasing youself. It is true that no one can argue otherwise that Bundesliga is nowhere near third rate league. Only some hillbilly-like brits could be stupid enough to claim that. I mean I love EPL - it's tempo and close games and surprises etc. But Bundesliga is 4th strongest league in Europe according to UEFA's coefficent. It is true that currently other top teams in Bundesliga are not doing very well - RB Leipzig went through large change when Nagelsmann moved from RBL to Bayern, also they lost some key players. Dortmund does have Haaland but as a whole team has not been on the level it used to be like 6 years back.
But there are always fluctuations, if EPL would be so damn superior and so many lightyears ahead of every league, then I'd expect them to win it on yearly basis, right? But then again as recently as 2012-2013 until 2016-2017 there was 5 year period where no English team even made it to the final. And in fact during the same period there were teams in finals from Germany, Spain and Italy. And during the same time Bundesliga's 2nd club Dortmund made it there, La Liga's 3rd team Atletico made it to finals TWICE. Other suspects as usual - Real, Barca, Juventus, Bayern. So based on that period would you say that EPL level was much lower than top 3 teams in La Liga and top 2 teams in Bundesliga? Didn't think so. Right now EPL is in strong position with two out of last 3 seasons final was between English teams. Most likely at some point this tide will turn once more.
99-04 - 0 English teams in CL finals
04-09 - always at least one English team in finals
09-12 - in 2 out of 3 finals EPL was represented
12- 17 - 0 English teams in CL finals
18-21 - English teams in 3 out of 4 finals
Thats how it goes. I wouldn't say that in 12-17 EPL was "3rd rate competition" just because no team made it to final. And now I wouln't similarly say that all other world is shit cause from 18-21 EPL teams have dominated.

I personally don't know what future holds for Lewa. But I believe that it is not out of ordinary that good players play for strong clubs. All I know is that Lewa has been extremely consistent in his performances in both - Europe and in domestic league. He has CL winner title (where as I mentioned - he carried Bayern almost on his own) and 2 FIFA "Best player" awards (+ should have had 1 Ballon d'Or that was not given out that year).

Christ. You should have sent that in Chapters.

Cool stool and all, but the Bundesliga is trash on the whole. It's entertaining, sure, but outside of Bayern the overall quality leaves a lot to be desired. At best it's the 4th best competition in Europe.

You must be a butt hurt German to have sent that as a reply. Or Polish. Poles get real touchy when you don't make out Lewandowski to be some sort of living God.

Never has a player stayed in his comfort zone so much as one Robert Lewandowski.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom