Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane is trash he doesn't care blah blah blah I wish we had jansen and soldado at striker at least a lot of this thread would make sense.

Dougie Payne Reaction GIF by Travis

Christ. That todd1882 is somehow even more of a weird specimen than KaneDomBadBoy. That takes some doing. Fair fucks to him.

Isn't he Australian? Would explain it if so. Stick to fondling Kangaroo's and surfing mate.

Last edited:
And for the record, as good as he was in the first leg, Benzema was dog shit against City in the return leg in Madrid. Take away his penalty and he couldn't hit a Cows arse with a banjo on the night. If that's Harry Kane imagine the foaming at the mouth that would have been done by a couple of the virgin numpties here.

And for the record, as good as he was in the first leg, Benzema was dog shit against City in the return leg in Madrid. Take away his penalty and he couldn't hit a Cows arse with a banjo on the night. If that's Harry Kane imagine the foaming at the mouth that would have been doing by a couple of the virgin numpties here.

Some people are born with weird wiring. Wiring that makes them dislike the popular opinion.
Aka, a contrarian.

And they're really fucking annoying people. They rarely have any facts to back it up. They just like going against the grain and never shut up about it.

Like, I think Beyonce is massively over rated. But I don't spend all day every day on a forum trying to convince her millions of fans they'r wrong. A contrarian like the bellends we have on here, do.

Some people are born with weird wiring. Wiring that makes them dislike the popular opinion.
Aka, a contrarian.

And they're really fucking annoying people. They rarely have any facts to back it up. They just like going against the grain and never shut up about it.

Like, I think Beyonce is massively over rated. But I don't spend all day every day on a forum trying to convince her millions of fans they'r wrong. A contrarian like the bellends we have on here, do.
Kane is not the best player on Spurs and has not been overall for the last 4 years. If you want to be considered as one of the best players in the world, you at least need to be the best player on a team that has not played CL football in several years.

And for the record, as good as he was in the first leg, Benzema was dog shit against City in the return leg in Madrid. Take away his penalty and he couldn't hit a Cows arse with a banjo on the night. If that's Harry Kane imagine the foaming at the mouth that would have been done by a couple of the virgin numpties here.
no sane person is comparing Kane to Benzema or Lewandowski anymore. That ship has sailed a long time ago and shouldn’t have been a serious discussion in the first place.

Kane is trash he doesn't care blah blah blah I wish we had jansen and soldado at striker at least a lot of this thread would make sense.

Dougie Payne Reaction GIF by Travis
You know, this thread was wide open for your comments for the last couple weeks but you were nowhere to be found. Folks wanna have a critical conversation on things and you pop up like a bad penny with nonsense like this.

So either contribute something of substance or STFU.

Hey KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy , it's so unlike Raumy to throw up a strawman to deflect away from the point at hand.

RD, no one said you hated Benz. In fact, you and Beech Beech were getting all moist over his perfomance in FRED. I was referring to the comparison of big game performances...but you knew that.

Doesn't bother me at all, my guy. I've said on numerous occasions that Kane's big game record isn't particularly good and is a blemish on his career. It is what it is. Benzema is currently the better player performing at a much higher level than Kane .. and good for him.

Kane pretty recently took City apart though, far more than Benzema did. And was MOTM in a huge derby win vs West Ham. Also played a pretty central part in our only goal vs Liverpool, and scored against them in the other game too. I fully expect him to be great vs Woolwich next week. It ain't Benzema level (which is currently Ballon d'or winning) but nor is any other striker on the planet.

Aka, a contrarian.

Are they cravenly passive-aggressive too?

The Kane discussion is silly now. He is an integral part of our team full stop. Was he ever as good as some made out? Undoubtedly no. The facts are there to be analysed.

He now needs even better quality around him and that's fair enough (in addition to Son) to ease some of the burden.

Gone are Kane's foraging and more mobile qualities, to be replaced with a more considered and at times balletic and pinpoint approach.

I don't see a problem unless he wants out (where to now?) or if he believes he should play every minute and every game (He just can't anymore).

But enough now surely. Let's just hope he can find 3 top class games to finish this season.

Doesn't bother me at all, my guy. I've said on numerous occasions that Kane's big game record isn't particularly good and is a blemish on his career. It is what it is. Benzema is currently the better player performing at a much higher level than Kane .. and good for him.

Kane pretty recently took City apart though, far more than Benzema did. And was MOTM in a huge derby win vs West Ham. Also played a pretty central part in our only goal vs Liverpool, and scored against them in the other game too. I fully expect him to be great vs Woolwich next week. It ain't Benzema level (which is currently Ballon d'or winning) but nor is any other striker on the planet.
This Raumy is such a better Raumy...especially the one that avoided answering my questions sometime back.

Benz has always been the better player. This is a very, very important point. the only reason to suggest otherwise is to focus on the shiny objects. But as a footballer...

And as you suggest, we still have a hell of a player on our hands even in light of the unfavorable comparison. But has you suggested the other day, and I believe KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy and I agree on, we may need to do something different to get better results as a club going forward.

The Kane discussion is silly now. He is an integral part of our team full stop. Was he ever as good as some made out? Undoubtedly no. The facts are there to be analysed.

He now needs even better quality around him and that's fair enough (in addition to Son) to ease some of the burden.

Gone are Kane's foraging and more mobile qualities, to be replaced with a more considered and at times balletic and pinpoint approach.

I don't see a problem unless he wants out (where to now?) or if he believes he should play every minute and every game (He just can't anymore).

But enough now surely. Let's just hope he can find 3 top class games to finish this season.
Brilliant take on matters except for the fact that if we keep doing what we've done we'll keep getting the same results we've gotten.

And, yes, he does need better quality around him but considering all things this suggests building around him with with skillsets to maximize his output. I think this would be shortsighted as there is only 1 of him, he'll be 29 and after a relatively poor season, opportunity cost, etc etc.

If we don't make CL we've got to do something differently.

Someone who has constantly scored as many goals as he has every season in the toughest competition in Europe and for a club that's now where it wants to be, I'd say he's every bit as good as most make it unless you're calling him the the world's best player. But nobody has or is.

Someone who has constantly scored as many goals as he has every season in the toughest competition in Europe and for a club that's now where it wants to be, I'd say he's every bit as good as most make it unless you're calling him the the world's best player. But nobody has or is.
He’s has not been the best player over the last 4 seasons on a team that’s hasn’t played CL football in 3 years. That’s his level.

This Raumy is such a better Raumy...especially the one that avoided answering my questions sometime back.

Benz has always been the better player. This is a very, very important point. the only reason to suggest otherwise is to focus on the shiny objects. But as a footballer...

And as you suggest, we still have a hell of a player on our hands even in light of the unfavorable comparison. But has you suggested the other day, and I believe KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy and I agree on, we may need to do something different to get better results as a club going forward.
The scary part is that there’s a meaningful subset of fans (including many in this forum) that are perfectly ok with us playing shit football as long as Kane is getting his tap ins, penalties and odd goal from distance. It’s as if Kane playing well and getting individual accolades is more important than how we do as a team.

It’s no coincidence that Levy/Enic have been perfectly content with just coasting along not trying to change things up in a meaningful way… his customers and clientele have been perfectly fine with the way things are ie. Spurs playing the very predictable and lethargic Harry Kane ball with Kane racking up trivial individual accolades.

Lucky for us, Conte has got the ball rolling in the right direction and it seems that we are moving closer towards the promised land but the question remains - would we upset a large subset of the fanbase if Kane is just a piece of the puzzle rather than the shining marketable homegrown golden boy?

The scary part is that there’s a meaningful subset of fans (including many in this forum) that are perfectly ok with us playing shit football as long as Kane is getting his tap ins, penalties and odd goal from distance. It’s as if Kane playing well and getting individual accolades is more important than how we do as a team.

It’s no coincidence that Levy/Enic have been perfectly content with just coasting along not trying to change things up in a meaningful way… his customers and clientele have been perfectly fine with the way things are ie. Spurs playing the very predictable and lethargic Harry Kane ball with Kane racking up trivial individual accolades.

Lucky for us, Conte has got the ball rolling in the right direction and it seems that we are moving closer towards the promised land but the question remains - would we upset a large subset of the fanbase if Kane is just a piece of the puzzle rather than the shining marketable homegrown golden boy?

I think there is a place for both to co-exist.

Only the most loyal and maybe slightly myopic of fan would now see Kane as the PM's top striker. He may be the best target man (questionsble) but out and out striker, no.

But any of the top 6, and let's painfully include the New Oil Thieves on the Block (Newcastle) would still have him playing in every single game, aside from allowing him some rest.

I think it's s matter of what we want in terms of ambition. To compete with the top 2 or 3 teams we are going to need additions in every part of the pitch. And those additions will need to be good enough to ususurp the incumbents, or it's pointless.

But Kane should be part of it and it would be a bold manager who says let's sell him to part-finance a rebuild.

Very quiet. Shit, even Raumy is out here 'seeing reason'. And TylerB dropping milquetoasty apologia about being tired. How the mighty have fallen.

Don't really know what they expected considering that since the Villa game teams have focused on him. Beyond that, though I predicted it, it wasn't really too hard to figure that he'd have another very quiet game vs VVD and Konate (or any of Liverpool's athletic and physical CBs). Would like to hear Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow 's take on that. He suggested Kane would better anyone on his day but I doubted that and said we'd see in a few weeks. We saw, quiet day. There's a reason for that and our supporters, even folks as clued in as him, would do well to understand why.

The other reason for his quiet evening was what you've been suggesting for so long and that relates to his big game 'performances'. And I think this is what is really grinding Deuterz Deuterz 's gears. He likes them stats and realizes we ain't winning shit without getting some winning mentality from our supposed leaders. It must have been quite tough for Beech Beech and Herr Deuterz to watch Benz do his thing...again.
You seem to really want to talk about this Todd (but as I barely post here prehaps choose a more envolved playmate)It's really quite dull. Sammys gone so only a few really obsessed folk over focused on one players fluctuating form. I said and I maintain 'On his day' Kane can have a great game against anyone' he has against VVD in the past. He was instrumental to the goal. Ditto Salah had a quiet day against Emerson it does nothing to reverse the world class status of both those players(clue Emerson aint) this thread is repeatative and dull but if it engages you feel free.

Back
Top Bottom