Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we miss CL, he/it will have been the biggest factor (Nuno excepted)

Eh still don’t think that. Hard to judge anyone too much in the Nuno era. Kane might not have been at his best, but people act like he was throwing games. We were horrible as a team and nothing Kane could do about that. In reality it’s two completely different teams before/after Conte so can you even compare them. I won’t even entirely blame Nuno because those 9 points in the first 3 games have been clutch.

I love Conte and this team and the direction we’re headed but If we miss CL we only have our self to blame. It’s due to Burnley, Southampton, Brighton and Brentford. Also not getting anything against Man U.

Eh still don’t think that. Hard to judge anyone too much in the Nuno era. Kane might not have been at his best, but people act like he was throwing games. We were horrible as a team and nothing Kane could do about that. In reality it’s two completely different teams before/after Conte so can you even compare them. I won’t even entirely blame Nuno because those 9 points in the first 3 games have been clutch.

I love Conte and this team and the direction we’re headed but If we miss CL we only have our self to blame. It’s due to Burnley, Southampton, Brighton and Brentford. Also not getting anything against Man U.
100%. People forget we were actually right in the mix for top 4 in December, when Kane just had 1 Premier League goal. Sure we could have been better had Kane been firing but it’s not like we weren’t in the thick of things.

We had a poor run of games under Nuno AND Conte. Games we should have won.

He's only got more than twice as many goals and nearly 3 times the assists in like 6 more games while being very obviously streets ahead of him to anybody with eyes.

The Jimenez=Kane stuff was based entirely on Kane having a poor start to the season. That's it. In which case I put forward the notion that Bowen>Salah if only the last 2-3 months counts.
There's a strange stigma attached to Kane that just won't come off no matter his actual record. People jump on him the moment he is anything but elite, and then 3/4 games later he's back to banging in goals like, and they're back in their closet till next time.

I've criticised Kane plenty for being unfocused, lazy and in an extended period of bad form, but this season an extreme outlier.

The likes of Jimenez, Costa, Lukaku, Morata have come and gone, but Kane remains the king of the PL.

193ceb29210c9c1a0565734e350bd5ba.jpg

I loved his second goal. It shows the importance of an out and out striker with instinct and great movement and anticipation. You can't teach that and make shift strikers don't do what he did there.

H overtakes Teddy and goes top 40 all time top flight goals:

PosGoals
28Vic Watson200
28George Elliott200
30Bobby Charlton199
30Bobby Smith199
32Stan Mortensen197
33Peter Harris193
34Ray Charnley190
34Dennis Viollet190
36Tommy Thompson188
37Andrew Cole187
38Jack Bowers186
39Sergio Aguero184
40Harry Kane181
41Teddy Sheringham180
42Lee Chapman179
43Frank Lampard177
43Tony Brown177
43Ginger Richardson177
46Thierry Henry175
46Derek Dougan175
46Billy Hibbert175
49Jack Rowley173
50Peter Dobing172

People will still say he doesn't turn up in big games... Forgetting when he plays them (like many) this is a big game

Like every other top striker on the planet, he generally scores most of his goals against lesser teams. It should be pretty easy to understand why,

Harry also gets far too much stick for the two finals he has played in which he didn't score or play well, as I've said a number of times. In our final against Liverpool he was nowhere near fit and should have been on the bench. That's down to Pochettino and his loyalty to Harry, and you can understand why even if it was the wrong decision. For England in the final against Italy, England stopped playing to their strengths after going a goal up and let Italy have all of the ball. Hardly the fault of Harry Kane.

Play to his strengths and get him on the ball, and/or give decent service to him and he's one of the best players on the planet.

but this season an extreme outlier.
It really isn’t an extreme outlier.

Over the last 4 seasons, Kane has the same number of non penalty goals as his teammate that you claim is limited and patchy. And he’s taken significantly more shots to get these goals. And he has less assists.

Kane Non Pen Goals
18/19: 13
19/20: 16
20/21: 19
21/22: 12
Total: 60

Son Non Pen Goals
18/19: 12
19/20: 11
20/21: 16
21/22: 21
Total: 60

Having a stinker but he’s got to be the best penalty taker in the game. Name me one that’s better at the moment. I’ll wait.
Let’s not go overboard. He became effective once Woolwich went a man down. Nevertheless, he got the job done and took his penalty and header well. Needs to finish the last 2 games strong. Let’s go!!

You're like that bitchy girl from school. Even when she is forced to give praise, it will be underhanded and laced with a not so subtle dig

Having a stinker but he’s got to be the best penalty taker in the game. Name me one that’s better at the moment. I’ll wait.
You still doing this...mate he's still one of the highest scoring CF this season and he was shit at the start. Penalties or no penalties he's top drawer..

Penalties still need to be scored. I for one am glad he's taking ours

Back
Top Bottom