Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having a stinker but he’s got to be the best penalty taker in the game. Name me one that’s better at the moment. I’ll wait.
You still doing this...mate he's still one of the highest scoring CF this season and he was shit at the start. Penalties or no penalties he's top drawer..

Penalties still need to be scored. I for one am glad he's taking ours

Not to detract from the fact that Kane is a world-class striker but this a point I have made before: at times Kane is too fast with the trigger, something a situation in the first half points out when he gets the pass from Moura and he's got time and space to stop the ball and get a better overview. He could have 1) switched the ball to his left-foot and gotten a much better angle (there is hardly any chance of him shooting "thru" 2 Burnely players + their goalie), or 2) pass it to 3 better placed Spurs players.

Not to detract from the fact that Kane is a world-class striker but this a point I have made before: at times Kane is too fast with the trigger, something a situation in the first half points out when he gets the pass from Moura and he's got time and space to stop the ball and get a better overview. He could have 1) switched the ball to his left-foot and gotten a much better angle (there is hardly any chance of him shooting "thru" 2 Burnely players + their goalie), or 2) pass it to 3 better placed Spurs players.
He's often taken unusual, low-percentage shots that only he and a few others are capable of scoring. More generally, apart from about a two month period under Conte, his decision making has been terrible this season.

An on form Kane would have secure top 4 for us already.

Top Bottom