Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I will say this now.

Kane is a very good striker.

At times in the last 5 years he has been brilliant but......

Until he produces the key goal/s at the key moments he stands for me as a goalscorer supreme but not the striker to win major trophies for club or country.

I will say this now.

Until he produces the key goal/s at the key moments he stands for me as a goalscorer supreme but not the striker to win major trophies for club or country.
12 September 2016 you joined TFC.
Dedication to the wind up above and beyond the call.
Well done!

95% of international teams ARE wank.

But let's not hide away from the fact he's also scored against Germany, who were the best international team on the planet at the time.. A winner against World Cup finalists Croatia which saw his country through to the semi finals of the Nations League. Two goals against World Cup winners France. Two assists and a dominant display against Spain in his countries first win away in Spain in god knows how many years.

A specimen of a player and quite clearly the best striker this country has produced in decades. And he's Spurs.

I will say this now.

But you're one sad fuck so who really cares what you say? Your posts are sometimes funny in a very sad way, but utterly meaningless trolling soon gets very old.

Poch needs to get Kane firing again – which means he needs service. With Tripps gone and Alli/Eriksen off the boil; Kane has been forced to go in search for the ball.

Moura and Son and finishers and will always be selfish on the ball. We need a player in the front 3 who is always looking for the pass first; shoot second (think Firmino / Sterling).

Our team should have 1 thing in mind – get the ball to Kane; whereas right now we seem to have Son playing as the main striker; and Kane looking like old man Rooney.

If we are going to continue playing 2 non creative midfielders (Winks/Sissoko) then we MUST have attacking full backs who can create space and cross a ball.

I have just endured a real s***ty journey home, plane got diverted from Southend to Stansted due to fog, only problem my taxi home was at Southend! The only thing that cheered me up was amongst the posters of London landmarks was a huge one of H celebrating a goal against Man City!
I just hope that we can keep hold of him.

But let's not hide away from the fact he's also scored against Germany, who were the best international team on the planet at the time.. A winner against World Cup finalists Croatia which saw his country through to the semi finals of the Nations League. Two goals against World Cup winners France. Two assists and a dominant display against Spain in his countries first win away in Spain in god knows how many years.

A specimen of a player and quite clearly the best striker this country has produced in decades. And he's Spurs.

All good points and if it's just a matter of service then maybe I am being a tad unfair.

But then it's on and for Pochettino to sort.

He still plays that waste Rose who cannot cross a ball and a midfield that does not create, so this needs a fcuking solution.

I don't think Shearer would get away with some of the bullishness he used to back then.
Literally elbowing people in the face would be an instant foul.
Also works the other way though as he would have had to put up with a lot more than Kane does.

Shearer was a great Striker and would be a great Striker at any time, Kane is also a great Striker and would have been a great Striker at any time.

Better than Rooney? Not a fcuking chance. Sorry but no way.

As a striker? 100%

Rooney was probably the better pure footballer in his prime though. Kane hasn't reached his.

Strewth.

Rooney was a fcuking phenomenal player.

He does not get the recognition his talent and achievements deserved.

But yes, okay. If Kane takes us (hopefully) or England to trophies let's revisit but honestly Rooney would have walked into every single team in the world at his best. No doubt at all.

Strewth.

Rooney was a fcuking phenomenal player.

He does not get the recognition his talent and achievements deserved.

But yes, okay. If Kane takes us (hopefully) or England to trophies let's revisit but honestly Rooney would have walked into every single team in the world at his best. No doubt at all.

He was a phenomenonal player, that doesn't make him a better striker than Kane.

Stop comparing TEAM accomplishments when comparing two individual footballers.

Rooney played for, at one time, the best team in the world and barely managed to score more than 20 league goals in a season (managed twice in his whole career) and played in a lot more talented England squads and scored 1 World Cup goal.

Rooney was excellent. Peaked early but was fantastic. A great footballer, could do it all but as a striker? Kane takes it for me and id argue he'd also get in every team in world football.

Back
Top Bottom