Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the fuck? You mean he didn't score in that one (and only) final he played in? The one that was literally his first game back from injury, in which he didn't get a single clear chance and still wasn't one of our 5 worst players?

Seriously, go back and rewatch that final. Pay special attention to just how absolutely terrible everyone was and how Kane was one of the only Spurs players doing even the fundamentals (e.g. six yard passes) right.

Blame 100% the manager for the performance, selection and Kane, who should not have started.

The day Pochettino revealed his Kane obsession.

Harry Kane just sent me a birthday card

thumb_which-was-nice-fast-show-quotes-which-was-nice-52056323.png
Happy Belated Birthday x

What the fuck? You mean he didn't score in that one (and only) final he played in? The one that was literally his first game back from injury, in which he didn't get a single clear chance and still wasn't one of our 5 worst players?

Seriously, go back and rewatch that final. Pay special attention to just how absolutely terrible everyone was and how Kane was one of the only Spurs players doing even the fundamentals (e.g. six yard passes) right.

On the other hand, becoming the fastest ever player to reach 20 CL goals is exactly what you would expect from a big-time player.

He was terrible in that CL final (useless) and has been subpar when he's played thereafter.

Once upon a time Kane was great - now he's just a good but injury prone striker. Far from world class nowadays. Hate to say it but it's true.

It'd be wise to ship him off to a competitor who can deal with his injury issues and find a decent replacement for him using proceeds from his sale.

Surely the big picture is that under Levy we have built a world class training facility. We've dropped a billion on possibly the best stadium in Europe. When the best manager we've had in ?decades? faltered, he was quickly bought out and replaced by one of the recognized top managers in the world[1]

In what universe does all this match up with selling our best player, England captain, best striker in ?50? years? and being content with dropping back to a top 10 team?

For the stadium to pay off, we need CL and trophies. Spoiler alert: we won't win every final we get into. Maybe we'll get unlucky and Sissoko will handle in the penalty area while he's appealing for offside, and after that early pen we'll never be able to break down the oppo even though we outplay them for most of the game.

But for chrisssakes, can we not take a deep breath and untwist our knickers please? Maybe stop all the whining about the terrible stuff that will probably never happen?

Sorry about all the deaths and all, but for football this covid disaster seems amazing! We might have a fully fit squad for the first time in forever. I can't wait to see how we do. (So sad that the scousers championship will always have an asterisk) I reckon it's mostly to our advantage.

[1/ Sorry but I despise Jose. No need to get into why, but it's deeply distressing to have that prick managing my team]

He was terrible in that CL final (useless) and has been subpar when he's played thereafter.

Once upon a time Kane was great - now he's just a good but injury prone striker. Far from world class nowadays. Hate to say it but it's true.

It'd be wise to ship him off to a competitor who can deal with his injury issues and find a decent replacement for him using proceeds from his sale.

It’s amusing how you got 10 dislikes for that post for calling it as it is. Harry was possibly the best striker in the world 2014-17. He’s been a pale shadow of that player for a good while now, flogged to death and injuries taking their toll. I’d be concerned as to what sort of player will return after this injury, his most serious one yet.

It’s amusing how you got 10 dislikes for that post for calling it as it is. Harry was possibly the best striker in the world 2014-17. He’s been a pale shadow of that player for a good while now, flogged to death and injuries taking their toll. I’d be concerned as to what sort of player will return after this injury, his most serious one yet.

When it comes to injuries, most fans are in denial during the earlier days of a players decline in performance. More often than not, after suffering multiple injuries, a player will not get close to to their prime/peak performance. It's only after a player drops off a cliff when fans regret not having shipped the player off when they could get a good price for them. History doesn't always repeat itself but it's usually a close relative of what's to come. There's a rule of thumb in business/finance - don't get attached or emotional to stocks/employees/assets. Harry Kane is a rapidly depreciating asset/employee.

When it comes to injuries, most fans are in denial during the earlier days of a players decline in performance. More often than not, after suffering multiple injuries, a player will not get close to to their prime/peak performance. It's only after a player drops off a cliff when fans regret not having shipped the player off when they could get a good price for them. History doesn't always repeat itself but it's usually a close relative of what's to come. There's a rule of thumb in business/finance - don't get attached or emotional to stocks/employees/assets. Harry Kane is a rapidly depreciating asset/employee.
Ergo...if time is catching up with him, he'd be better off elsewhere if he wants some silverware.

Maybe those people just don't think it's wise to sell a player of his calibre knowing that we'd struggle to replace him..... If it was so easy, why is it that very few clubs have a better CF?

Maybe those people just don't think it's wise to sell a player of his calibre knowing that we'd struggle to replace him..... If it was so easy, why is it that very few clubs have a better CF?

Injuries or not, he has not been in the top 5 in scoring for both the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons (6th and 11th respectively). History would suggest that his production will continue to decline. There are many less injury prone options that would ultimately offer more long-term production than Kane at this current moment.

Injuries or not, he has not been in the top 5 in scoring for both the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons (6th and 11th respectively). History would suggest that his production will continue to decline.

This clapped out, rapidly declining 26 y/o striker you paint.... Why would RM or Man Utd (as suggested) want to drop a huge bundle of cash on him?

I mean, I assume you're anticipating a fat fee for us to reinvest in some young hot-shot.

There are many less injury prone options that would ultimately offer more long-term production than Kane at this current moment.

.......That would come to us over the pool of regular trophy winning sides in Europe?

Who do you have in mind?

I assume you're not hankering for the CFs that outscored him in the EPL such as the ageing and oft injured Vardy & Aguero or the similarly ageing Aubemyang....?

This clapped out, rapidly declining 26 y/o striker you paint.... Why would RM or Man Utd (as suggested) want to drop a huge bundle of cash on him?

Once upon a time there were teams willing to pay 80-100 million for Eriksen.
Always better to sell one or two years to early than one or two years too late.

Back
Top Bottom