Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a rule of thumb in business/finance - don't get attached or emotional to stocks/employees/assets. Harry Kane is a rapidly depreciating asset/employee.
The fucking state of you mate. If you want to play the stock market feel free to do so, but this is Spurs and football is about emotional investment. If you can't see that Harry is Spurs and you have no connection with him because of some injuries he has had then I don't know what to say. Fucking embarrassing 'support' honestly.

The fucking state of you mate. If you want to play the stock market feel free to do so, but this is Spurs and football is about emotional investment. If you can't see that Harry is Spurs and you have no connection with him because of some injuries he has had then I don't know what to say. Fucking embarrassing 'support' honestly.

He has indicated that he wants to leave... nothing good comes out of players publicly making statements that they are considering other teams.

Once upon a time there were teams willing to pay 80-100 million for Eriksen.
Always better to sell one or two years to early than one or two years too late.

....Football fans on social media would rate him at that price-tag, you mean?

.....Who made such bids?

Anyway; you seem to have 'accidentally' swerved my many questions.

Once upon a time there were teams willing to pay 80-100 million for Eriksen.
Always better to sell one or two years to early than one or two years too late.
Totally agree with you but you are going to have a hard time selling this round these parts. Even with the very recent examples of Eriksen and Dele's plummeting value most here will need a few years to process this and make the idea 'theirs' before accepting it as obvious fact. These will be the same folks lamenting 'we probably should have sold him 3 seasons ago' in a few years.

You don't think what he said was him publicly alerting others to his amenability to a move?

"if I don't think we are going in the right direction I'm not going to stay"

With us sitting in 8th...

If what your effectively saying is you think he means he'll bail at the first sign of any trouble (which this effectively is); I disagree.

To reaffirm my orig. post.

He did not say he "wanted" to leave.
He did not say he was "considering other teams".

This clapped out, rapidly declining 26 y/o striker you paint.... Why would RM or Man Utd (as suggested) want to drop a huge bundle of cash on him?

I mean, I assume you're anticipating a fat fee for us to reinvest in some young hot-shot.

.......That would come to us over the pool of regular trophy winning sides in Europe?

Who do you have in mind?

I assume you're not hankering for the CFs that outscored him in the EPL such as the ageing and oft injured Vardy & Aguero or the similarly ageing Aubemyang....?

We've won without Kane - what makes you think it's necessary to "replace" Kane if he leaves.

If we sell Kane, we should use the proceeds to help rebuild the defense. Sonny, Lucas, Dele, Lo Celso, and a fitter/focused N'Dombele should be enough up front to get us back in the top 4 if our defense is sorted out.

Isn't that what he's pretty much saying?

Nope.

I don't have a problem with it, but that's what he's saying.

No it isn't......

"I'll always love Spurs, but I've always(*) said, if I don't feel we're going in the right direction then I'm not someone who will just stay for the sake of it."

(*Note he's just repeating what he's said in the past.)

This is him talking about Mourinho. Doesn’t exactly suit the agenda that he’s desperate to leave. He just wants us to progress like us all.

^^^^Re-posted for reminder purposes.

Notably, said when Jose took over with us in 14th..... He's been out injured for the bulk of the time since.

Nope.

No it isn't......

"I'll always love Spurs, but I've always(*) said, if I don't feel we're going in the right direction then I'm not someone who will just stay for the sake of it."

(*Note he's just repeating what he's said in the past.)

^^^^Re-posted for reminder purposes.

Notably, said when Jose took over with us in 14th..... He's been out injured for the bulk of the time since.

So what does he mean "if I don't feel we are going in the right direction then I'm not someone who will just stay for the sake of it"

If not "if things get a bit shit I'm off"

When Mourinho took over it was three months into a season, he was never going to be sold mid season, what else would he say if specifically asked about his current manager?

So what does he mean "if I don't feel we are going in the right direction then I'm not someone who will just stay for the sake of it"

If not "if things get a bit shit I'm off"

Because that implies 'at the first sign of any trouble' and won't feel he he ought to play his part ON THE FIELD in rectifying it.

What about the theory, that he's just sending a message to the man upstairs to bolster the squad?

When Mourinho took over it was three months into a season, he was never going to be sold mid season, what else would he say if specifically asked about his current manager?

He's also saying he's ALREADY built a good relationship with him.

FFS, give the geezer benefit of the doubt.... Don't you think he's earned that much?

Because that implies 'at the first sign of any trouble' and won't feel he he ought to play his part ON THE FIELD in rectifying it.

What about the theory, that he's just sending a message to the man upstairs to bolster the squad?

FFS, give the geezer benefit of the doubt.... Don't you think he's earned that much?
These made up statements on the OldBoyTruthOmeter:

"I'm a top player - I'll go where the wages are" - 2%
"I love Spurs - no way I'll leave" - 0%
"The squad needs investment. I want this club to compete" - 80%
"I'm not calling it a day at Spurs, but I do want some medals" - 80%
"Between you and me, the ankle injuries are starting to worry me and maybe I shift to get some medals in the next few years, because you know, the ankles" - 60%
"I'll take anything that guarantees success" - 0%
"I want the PL scoring record" - 99%
"Moving abroad to a humid climate would actually play havoc with my Adenoids" - 98%

He's also saying he's ALREADY built a good relationship with him.

What Benefit of what doubt ? I don't think it was that ambiguous a statement really. Do you actually need him to say "if things aren't going great I'm bailing" to make it clear? he's not going to do that is he, this is the most palatable version of that reality though.

I think if we finish outside CL this season (if we complete it) he'll listen to offers from other clubs. And I think he'd be daft not to. He's only going to have one career and there's about 4 years of it left at peak.

As far as what he's earned, I'd say a fuck ton of money (40m+ the last few of years alone) playing for the club that gave him his break who's fans have idolised him, and provided him with the perfect environment for a young player to enhance his career. It's a two way street.

It really doesn't bend me out of shape if he's mooting the notion he'd swap Real Madrid for a faltering Spurs.

What Benefit of what doubt ?

This is getting repetitive.

Re-read my comments and the other guy's comments that I initially refuted...

If you wish to apply a terminal interpretation to his HKs words then fill your boots; I doubt I'll change that.

Whether you're "bent out of shape" by it isn't the issue.

Burnley game before he got injured
Certainly not looking past it...
He is 26 with his best years to come

It's easy to forget how good he is when he has been injured for a while
It's no surprise our ascension under Jose stopped as soon as he got injured

He will be here when we play our next season, those who are saying sell him will look foolish

He will be here when we play our next season, those who are saying sell him will look foolish

And that's without a proper break for about 4 years now.

Memories are so short in sport. CF is one of the most difficult positions to replace in the game. Does anyone remember the likes of Soldado being our "dream CF signing that we'd needed for a decade?"

We basically didnt replace Berbatov with quality until Kane came onto the scene.

Incorrect. We got similar, if not better results after Kane went down. We started losing when Sonny went down - we didn't win a single game after he got injured. 5 loss and 1 draw to be exact. People really need to stop overstating the importance Kane has had over the past 2 years.

Last edited:

Yep, I would say I’m continually shocked by people under estimating him, his worth to us and his ability, but I’m not, there’s so many people who don’t have a clue.

I always say if people don’t rate Harry Kane then they don’t really know the sport and it’s utterly pointless discussing it with them. He’s one of the best English strikers every with a goal scoring per game record similar for England as jimmy greaves and in the PL similar to Aguero. It’s utterly insane people don’t rate him and want to sell him. Insane.

I think the average fan makes their decision on how good a player is based on how talented and dominate the player is on fifa.

Kane is rates great, but lacks pace, so people hate playing with him. Naturally he must be shit then

Back
Top Bottom