Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last 2 years? That’s a no brainer.

2019 Spurs POY - Son
2019 B’allon Dor Short List - Son, Lloris
2019 -London Footballer of the Year - Son

As far as 2020 awards? Son is probably going to be the Spurs POY again and probably be the only Spurs player on the B’allon Dor short list as well.

I’d put Sissoko second and Kane third. Lo Celso would be ahead of both if he had been on the squad last year and played like he did this year.

Again, only speaking in terms of a players importance throughout the past 2 years.
Fair play, when you list it out like that.
Do you think that we look better without Kane in the team?
I just think when watching we miss out on so much when Kane is not there, yes Son would be a miss as well but I am not so sure if we had Kane without Son we would look so disjointed.

Regarding Sissoko as second, I am not so sure about that...

just on this as well it really feeds into the narrative of "United were at the top for a while, thus it should be forever."

It absolutely infuriates me that because their the richest club with the most fans (debatable) when teams like us/Leicester surpass them, the media narrative doesn't change from "Now these are the teams who are good" it becomes "which Leicester/Spurs players should United buy to take them back to the top. WHERE THEY BELONG as it should be forever"

really pisses me off. it's so bad for the Sport. when we're talking PL & CL since Fergie left United have gotten nowhere near either, in fact we've been runner up in both. when we're talked about like we're watford or Everton etc it drives me fucking insane.

I really hate this sport sometimes.
Not the sport. The media are the arseholes here.

I don't think anyone says Kane isn't quality - it's just that he's not as good as a lot of Spurs fan think anymore.
He hasn't even been the best player on the squad yet people act as if he's still the best striker in the world.
Whether it be injuries or other issues, he's just not as good as he once was and you've got to be blind to think that he hasn't regressed.
Lewandowski. Got to still be the best
M'bappe, Cavani, Aguerro, etc. Difficult to see Harry up there recently with the injury problem. Nothing to stop him getting back up there in the right circumstances be it with a revitalised Spurs or somewhere else
He has the talent but such bad luck with injuries. Good luck to you Harry. wherever you are. You've given us your best.
And Berbatov is a c***.

Last 2 years? That’s a no brainer.

Certainly is a no-brainer for a man who seemingly has no brain.

I love Son and it's tedious to keep bringing up Kane vs Son as they are both our players and both fantastic at what they do... however you cannot watch them both play football for Spurs and genuinely think that Son offers more to our play than Kane. Son is very good at what he does, and what he does is very similar to what a lot of top tier wingers do, ie they are good at beating players for pace and with trickery and getting shots off. He is not a particularly good creator of goals or chances, and he often goes missing for patches. He is explosive and streaky. When he is on top form, he is a joy to watch for sure, and one of the best wingers/wide forwards around.

Harry on the other hand is always the focal point of our attack when he plays, he wins battles in the middle of the park which allows our other attackers to play. He plays incisive passes through behind and out wide, and he also holds the ball up to allow others in. He does this whilst also being a clinical finisher and 'fox in the box' style striker. There are almost no comparisons to what Kane does in the PL or even in world football because he has a skillset which genuinely puts him near the top of his position.

Also not even going to touch you saying that Sissoko would be our 2nd most important player :mourcheeks:

Certainly is a no-brainer for a man who seemingly has no brain.

I love Son and it's tedious to keep bringing up Kane vs Son as they are both our players and both fantastic at what they do... however you cannot watch them both play football for Spurs and genuinely think that Son offers more to our play than Kane. Son is very good at what he does, and what he does is very similar to what a lot of top tier wingers do, ie they are good at beating players for pace and with trickery and getting shots off. He is not a particularly good creator of goals or chances, and he often goes missing for patches. He is explosive and streaky. When he is on top form, he is a joy to watch for sure, and one of the best wingers/wide forwards around.

Harry on the other hand is always the focal point of our attack when he plays, he wins battles in the middle of the park which allows our other attackers to play. He plays incisive passes through behind and out wide, and he also holds the ball up to allow others in. He does this whilst also being a clinical finisher and 'fox in the box' style striker. There are almost no comparisons to what Kane does in the PL or even in world football because he has a skillset which genuinely puts him near the top of his position.

Also not even going to touch you saying that Sissoko would be our 2nd most important player :mourcheeks:

I would agree with everything that you just said but I think you're not taking into account recent injuries. We keep talking about Harry Kane as if he were still in 15-17 form but the fact is he is not. His output has dropped considerably and the eye test would tell you that his overall play is on the decline. Now can he come back and get back to his peak form? I hope he does but history would suggest that he won't.

On his day, is Kane the best Spurs player? Of course, without a doubt. But he has not been for a while. I can't recall 5 games where he deserved to be MOTM over the past two seasons and I think most would agree. He hasn't been the Kane of 15-17.

As far as the most important Spurs player over the past two years go, it's without a doubt Sonny. I'm not going to put Harry Kane #2 because he was absent throughout the entirety of the most memorable run in Spurs history. I will give credit to those that helped get us to the promised land before anyone supporting from the sidelines. Sissoko was giving 110% every game he played in and was the physical presence/force of nature that we needed to give us a fighting chance every game.

Don't get me wrong, Kane is a great striker and might still be one of the best, but he needs to show that he's "world class" again consistently.

Last edited:
Maybe dom
What Benefit of what doubt ? I don't think it was that ambiguous a statement really. Do you actually need him to say "if things aren't going great I'm bailing" to make it clear? he's not going to do that is he, this is the most palatable version of that reality though.

I think if we finish outside CL this season (if we complete it) he'll listen to offers from other clubs. And I think he'd be daft not to. He's only going to have one career and there's about 4 years of it left at peak.

As far as what he's earned, I'd say a fuck ton of money (40m+ the last few of years alone) playing for the club that gave him his break who's fans have idolised him, and provided him with the perfect environment for a young player to enhance his career. It's a two way street.

It really doesn't bend me out of shape if he's mooting the notion he'd swap Real Madrid for a faltering Spurs.

Bearing in mind his injury issues in each of the past 3 seasons and also the likely depression in transfer fees that will hit almost every club , even Real Madrid, what fee would you think would be offered ? Without those factors we would have been looking at £100m plus , but now ? Conversely selling clubs will be forced into accepting less than before . Would Levy really accept an offer of say 75m ?

Liverpool fans love having both mané and salah. Heck, they even want a third superstar attacker it seems given the transfer rumours!

Spurs fans seem to hate having two superstar attackers. That's why we're fighting over which one should leave.

What the **** guys? Why aren't we calling out for a third instead? (I love Moura but he's clearly best as a super sub).

Fair play, when you list it out like that.
Do you think that we look better without Kane in the team?
I just think when watching we miss out on so much when Kane is not there, yes Son would be a miss as well but I am not so sure if we had Kane without Son we would look so disjointed.

Regarding Sissoko as second, I am not so sure about that...

That's true - we need one or the other.

I don’t like...

mail12.jpg

In the summer of 2020 with all this going on £200m would be a great deal tbh.

I think that's the point - its way more than anyone will be able to afford

Journo Q to someone tenously linked to the club: "if spurs were to sell Kane, any idea what sort of fee Levy would accept?"

A "It would have to be a world record fee"

Headline "HE'S UNITED'S FOR £200M"

Last edited:
Levy does not talk to the press. Next week it will be Real Madrid. If MU read this they will offer much lower believing Levy is desperate to sell. Not worth reacting to the story as clearly made up.

Levy does not talk to the press. Next week it will be Real Madrid. If MU read this they will offer much lower believing Levy is desperate to sell. Not worth reacting to the story as clearly made up.

100%.

I think Kane has been elevated to God status by Pochettino and that whilst his brilliance and contribution cannot be underestimated, nobody should forget the players around him who contributed to him becoming the player he is.

If stories like this, fill papers at the current time and deflect the minds from this near imprisonment then frankly it's a good thing.

I think it will be some time before any club forks out 200 million pounds for anyone let alone a bloke who has a 2 month injury lay off every year.

Kane is very good but he is not and never will be a Great and certainly won't be if he leaves.

Besides, the stadium is on ultra longterm repayment terms.... Why no faux drama about clubs like WH and Chavs that owe their own owners an absolute fortune? ...Or the likes of United and Arse who's owners milk them like a cow?

....Or pretty much every other EPL team; who's basic month to month financial operations are more precariously balanced than ours.

Expect a shit load more United-friendly shit stirring now they have their new media tickling czar in place....

Last edited:
100%.

I think Kane has been elevated to God status by Pochettino and that whilst his brilliance and contribution cannot be underestimated, nobody should forget the players around him who contributed to him becoming the player he is.

If stories like this, fill papers at the current time and deflect the minds from this near imprisonment then frankly it's a good thing.

I think it will be some time before any club forks out 200 million pounds for anyone let alone a bloke who has a 2 month injury lay off every year.

Kane is very good but he is not and never will be a Great and certainly won't be if he leaves.

In you’re opinion maybe mate, but the vast majority of us Spurs fans know he is a great and he will remain a great if he leaves. He has Ronaldo like stats in the best league in the world , so how in the hell can you claim he’s not one of the best? If Harry Kane leaves, it will be the end of Spurs as a club because we will fall so hard and I don’t think we will ever come back up from it. The fallout from not only just Kane leaving, but other players like Sonny etc will be massive. Will be the biggest mistake the club can ever do if they sell Harry.

In you’re opinion maybe mate, but the vast majority of us Spurs fans know he is a great and he will remain a great if he leaves. He has Ronaldo like stats in the best league in the world , so how in the hell can you claim he’s not one of the best? If Harry Kane leaves, it will be the end of Spurs as a club because we will fall so hard and I don’t think we will ever come back up from it. The fallout from not only just Kane leaving, but other players like Sonny etc will be massive. Will be the biggest mistake the club can ever do if they sell Harry.

I'm not gonna advocate his sale, but you do realise one way or another Kane won't be at Sours for the rest of their history, don't you? ....And that by never cashing in on him, we will have less money to spend to replace him, Sonny or whoever else and to build the next generation of playing staff?

How does that gel with your longterm hopes for the club?

Spend big, spend frequent and pay them all massive wages then let them leave for free when they're finished....

(Yet, I'm guessing you were critical of the club for Eriksen leaving for free not too long ago?)

Besides the stadium is on ultra longterm repayment terms.... Why no faux drama about clubs like WH and chavs that owe their own owners an absolute fortune? ...Or the likes of United and Arse who's owners milk them like a cow?

....Or pretty much every other EPL team; who's basic month to month financial operations are more precariously balanced than ours.

Expect a shit load more United-friendly shit stirring now they have their new media tickling czar in place....

Oh yeah forgot Neil Ashton had gone there

Oh yeah forgot Neil Ashton had gone there

It's been noticable already..... Cynically smart move granted.... Ramp up their media presence/spin just as they're becoming seen as just another team.

Cue Ole presser declaring.... "We are United.... We will beat the virus and I'll buy the world this summer"..... Ooooops my bad; that already happened last week.

Fuck them; another year with no CL for them will be fucking awesome!

Last edited:
I'm not gonna advocate his sale, but you do realise one way or another Kane won't be at Sours for the rest of their history, don't you? ....And that by never cashing in on him, we will have less money to spend to replace him, Sonny or whoever else and to build the next generation of playing staff?

How does that gel with your longterm hopes for the club?

Spend big, spend frequent and pay them all massive wages then let them leave for free when they're finished....

(Yet, I'm guessing you were critical of the club for Eriksen leaving for free not too long ago?)

Why can’t Kane be here for the rest of his playing career? If the club actually showed a bit of ambition for once and proved it would match Harry’s thirst for trophies by buying top class players to improve us like a top club competing in the CL should, then Harry wouldn’t need to move. Harry is looking at moving clearly because the club harbour no ambition to move forward. We have proved already that selling Bale for massive money did nothing. You keep you’re top players and improve upon them by adding quality. That’s how the vast majority of clubs are successful mate. Spurs will drop like an avalanche If we sell Harry I tell you that now. As for Eriksen, I wasn’t to fussed. Harry Kane I would be livid if we sold.

Back
Top Bottom