Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poor performance, I think Jose actually should have brought him after an hour and put Sonny up front. We've got a lot of games in a short period we can't play him for 90 minutes every game and when he is having a mare it is a good time to get him off

Hasn’t played on 5.5 months coming off surgery. I think some people’s expectations were a bit inflated. Should have been pulled though if only to give the team some more energy.

But it's true. Looked so slow and was plodding about. No one is match fit but he's had plenty of time to get himself sharp and clearly let himself go and eat too much

It was his first game in 5 and a half months. That's over HALF a season out.

Of course he wasn't going to look sharp. He'll get there. These games are coming thick and fast, he'll find his groove. He shouldn't have lasted 95 minutes tonight, but that'll do him the world of good.

He'll get a brace on Tuesday.

For Harry, 5.5 months out probably is a faitly good excuse, seeing as he is always shit at the start of a season or coming back from an injury. However, the games where he is as shit as he was today are becoming far more frequent than those in which he plays well, it seems. The guy should really shed a significant amout of weight and start running.

Harry has always been a slow starter at the start of a season or coming back from a lay off. I have been very concerned for a few years now about the accumulation of injuries. He’s now coming back from by far the most serious injury of his career, which is a worry. As regards the game tonight, he had little or no service. What would concern me is I thought he looked very slow and weary. No pep in his step.

By the time he's match fit the season will have ended. Bring him on as a super sub for now.

Wouldn't even mind that - play Dele as a false 9 or something within that time.

Time on the bench and having to work for his place may do Kane the world of good. Would still start him against West Ham though, the guy loves a London derby and a few goals against that lot could kick start something.

But it's true. Looked so slow and was plodding about. No one is match fit but he's had plenty of time to get himself sharp and clearly let himself go and eat too much
The only thine Kane is missing is game time.
You can train as much as you want but the 90 minutes tonight will have given him more than weeks and weeks of training. He will continue to score goal after goal for us like he has done in the previous 6 seasons.
Some of our fans I am convinced have never played football in their lives.

Everything about Kane is hope st present.

This is not the top quality striker we all thought he was and hasn't been for over a year or more.
His entire game has changed, he's not the player he was 3 years ago, and it's not all down to injuries.

Harry's problem is that he wants to be constantly involved, rather than being a striker first and foremost.

Back
Top Bottom