Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought he had a great game considering the inevitable lack of sharpness he's bound to have. All the components of a Harry Kane game were there. The shooting on sight, the sublime passing and the clinical one on one.

Thought he had a great game considering the inevitable lack of sharpness he's bound to have. All the components of a Harry Kane game were there. The shooting on sight, the sublime passing and the clinical one on one.
It is definitely coming back the more minutes he plays. A couple more games and he will be flying again.

EbOdlQDXsAEStsS

Some signs he is getting back to his best, the way he ran at full speed on a quick counter when he got on the end of LoCelso's pass and missed the far corner with his left foot, haven't seen him run like that for a long time

The finish was super clinical, the pass with the outside of his foot in the first half

Still doesn't look happy though. Wonder if he is contemplating his future

Some signs he is getting back to his best, the way he ran at full speed on a quick counter when he got on the end of LoCelso's pass and missed the far corner with his left foot, haven't seen him run like that for a long time

The finish was super clinical, the pass with the outside of his foot in the first half

Still doesn't look happy though. Wonder if he is contemplating his future

God I was so worried he was going to hurt him hamstring when he put on that full sprint.

Goals vs xG – The Difference
Since 2014, no player has exceeded their expected goals to the same extent as Messi, with Barcelona’s talisman netting around 36 goals more than would have been expected based on the quality of chances.

We calculate there is just a 0.3% chance of an average finisher scoring 195 goals from those opportunities.

Harry Kane sits second, netting 133 goals from chances totaling 108.5 xG (+24.5 diff). There is just a 1.3% chance of an average finisher reaching that tally.

According to xG models over the last six years of football (which would tend to be very accurate with such a large sample size of games), Kane is not only the most clinical finisher in the PL, he's the second most clinical finisher in all of Europe (behind only Messi). He's never had a season since he broke out in which he's underperformed his xG, which deflects a lot of the blame for his lesser goal tallies in recent seasons away from Kane himself. This trend has continued even into the current season and up to the coronavirus break.

I'm openly skeptical of xG models and have posted extensively about their shortcomings on here, but I've always said that they're accurate over sufficiently large sample sizes and I'm satisfied with the validity of these stats/conclusions. What do the small contingent who think he's shite and/or overrated have to say about this one then?

All hail, King Kane!

Very poor today.. except for some exceptional passing. However an overall improvement from the United game.

Add to that a well taken goal and that's a fairly decent performance; let alone "very poor".....

BTW, fella... Read this:

If Kane wasn't the face of English football (as a white Englishman), chances are he would be benched and be fighting for playing time.

The BLM movement has provided some insight as to the privilege some have over others. Some just get free passes and the benefit of the doubt while others don't.

If you still don't see or recognize this, you're probably part of the problem. Simple as that.

Do you see now why a couple of the SK_Son-Fanboys get a hostile reception here now?

Now who looks like an "arse"?

Notable moment for me.

Add to that a well taken goal and that's a fairly decent performance; let alone "very poor".....

BTW, fella... Read this:

Do you see now why a couple of the SK_Son-Fanboys get a hostile reception here now?

Now who looks like an "arse"?

Tbh I don't care about fanboys of one player or another.. just stating what I have seen. And yes Kane scored a nice goal.. and had some very nice passes, but he does look way of the pace, and hopefully after a bit more time and games he will get back into the swing of things. A bit like most of our players really.. I have no agenda other than to state what I am seeing.

However you clearly seem to have a 'protect my hero Kane at all costs' agenda. That is why you come across as an arse.

If Kane wasn't the face of English football (as a white Englishman), chances are he would be benched and be fighting for playing time.

The BLM movement has provided some insight as to the privilege some have over others. Some just get free passes and the benefit of the doubt while others don't.

If you still don't see or recognize this, you're probably part of the problem. Simple as that.
There's actually a profound irony in what you wrote with regards to BLM and pathologizing race/driving racial divide through identitarian politics - your post being a fantastic example.

But this isn't an off topic thread, so in short: fuck you.

Tbh I don't care about fanboys of one player or another.. just stating what I have seen. And yes Kane scored a nice goal.. and had some very nice passes, but he does look way of the pace, and hopefully after a bit more time and games he will get back into the swing of things. A bit like most of our players really.. I have no agenda other than to state what I am seeing.

I didn't accuse you of having an agenda... I just think you're description of "very poor" is flawed and am thus debating your reasoning.

....you clearly seem to have a 'protect my hero Kane at all costs' agenda. That is why you come across as an arse.

Maybe you just have Sonny (sic) shades on too then, because at worst i'm simply protective of our club from toxic wankers and willingly defend all our players when bullshit is being chatted about them.

Besides that, the fact is when you called me an arse in the Son thread there was no talk of Kane going on. Perhaps get your shit straight before coming to the defense of others wielding insults.

On another day he could of had a hat trick last night, lets hope he's saving it for the scum.

Just shows what can happen when you give him the ball.

As for people worrying about him losing his pace, well, we all saw his goal.

Back
Top Bottom