Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry has scored 4 times in his last 6 games for Spurs.

I meant in his general play more than anything , has looked very slow and ponderous for a while , finishing is still world class

But he deserves miles better than the dross he has to work with right now

I would like to see him form a striker partnership with Son, kind of like what we had with Klinsmann and Sheringham with Harry of course playing the Teddy role. We had the same issues when Poch was manager as we have now with Jose, I don't feel we are truly getting the best out of both Son and Harry when they play in the same team. A 4-3-1-2 is worth trying

I would like to see him form a striker partnership with Son, kind of like what we had with Klinsmann and Sheringham with Harry of course playing the Teddy role. We had the same issues when Poch was manager as we have now with Jose, I don't feel we are truly getting the best out of both Son and Harry when they play in the same team. A 4-3-1-2 is worth trying
So when Poch played the diamond people cried that it’s a shit formation.

So when Poch played the diamond people cried that it’s a shit formation.

He didn't have the players for that formation to work. Also I don't remember Son and Harry playing close to together as a genuine partnership

The other option is to play Son, Harry and Bergwijn as a front three like Liverpool play Mane, Firminho and Salah. Copy paste

Still wondering why the second disallowed goal didn't stand. He hardly touched the defender! No VAR review of course.
Can't review as he blew the whistle before the goal went in. If he let play go on VAR could then review it - they would have disallowed it, they are desperate to fuck us over.

VAR is shit, both in the arbitrary rules and by design the absence of fairness.

He will be off next summer I’m almost certain. Really sad really, but this team and club are just not ambitious enough for a world class player like Kane and that’s the truth of it. A player of his quality should be winning trophies every season and at Spurs, he will never get to achieve that. Completely blame Levy and our owners for not pushing when we were so close.

Am i the only one who thought he was good yesterday?

He scored 4 goals granted 3 were disallowed but at least he looked sharper..

Sadly this also reminds me of the fact he'll go next summer if ENIC don't buck up their ideas

We must keep Kane.

I'm sure he is going to want to move to a club with champions league football next season, where he can win trophies and who can blame him.

But the fact is, he is on a long contract. We need to say no and force him to give us another year.

I think Levy will block any moves this summer, if he doesn't its because of the stadium debt and COVID. And we are truly fucked.

Lloris
New RB
New CB
Dier
New LB
New DM
Lo Celso
New CM
Son
Bergwijn
Kane

This is the level required to ensure his loyalty doesn’t go to waste. Stick Gazzaniga, Aurier, Tanganga, Sanchez, Davies, Winks in the second string, fill the rest of the squad with youngsters from the academy, take a chance with injuries to ride the financial wave of it all and flog the rest. Harsh on some, don’t care they’ve been Spurs players long enough and for me don’t add enough to justify blocking out spaces in a small squad for new opportunities.

12 kept, that’s pretty ridiculous ain’t it when you consider how close we were to the upper tier of it all barely a season or two ago.

13 players in AND out doesn't get done in one window.

Love ya my dude, but that's peak FM-ism.

Last edited:

:mourshock:

Yeh cos we were amazing in the first half of this season.....

As I said, the front two as a genuine partnership. I didn't see that under Poch. Harry was always isolated and Son told to play wide left.

It failed because a) the players behind couldn't play the system and b) our entire attack ran straight into the oppo CBs and was easily swallowed up.....

It's a huge "no".

It failed because a) the players behind couldn't play the system and b) our entire attack ran straight into the oppo CBs and was easily swallowed up.....

It's a huge "no".

Of course we need to change our personnel. I'm thinking more for next season with the right players brought in

We must keep Kane.

I'm sure he is going to want to move to a club with champions league football next season, where he can win trophies and who can blame him.

But the fact is, he is on a long contract. We need to say no and force him to give us another year.

I think Levy will block any moves this summer, if he doesn't its because of the stadium debt and COVID. And we are truly fucked.
It’s getting to the point now where if we aren’t going to take action this summer, whether that means bringing in a new progressive manager who can work with what he’s got OR aggressively backing Jose in the transfer market to give him half a chance (which everyone knows we won’t do). . .

Then I’m sorry to say but it may be best for all parties involved if harry does leave this summer. Of course I don’t want him to go, of course I want to believe that he can stay here and win trophies but we are just kidding ourselves and delaying the inevitable. At least if he leaves now he will still command a world record fee and give us funds to invest in the rest of the squad, and from Kane’s point of view he is young enough to go and have a few successful seasons elsewhere.

Let me be clear, if we get a new manager in with a progressive philosophy then I want Harry to stay.

If Levy is going to use this bank loan to back Jose aggressively in the transfer market this summer then I want Harry to stay.

If neither of these things happen then maybe It’s best Let him go and perhaps a few others that were part of the poch era. Hit the reset button on the squad and start again.

Of course we need to change our personnel. I'm thinking more for next season with the right players brought in

Fair do's, but personally I've seen enough of it so as to not want a bespoke mass revamp to try that experiment all over again.

Back
Top Bottom