Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It won't be popular but I have a sinking feeling that Harry is going to leave this summer. He's going to be 27 this month and entering the prime of his career. I think if he wants to win trophies, he'll need to move. I can't see Levy wanting to sell him to a Premier League club so it'll likely be Real Madrid or Barcelona.

It's such a fucking shame because he clearly loves the club. I just don't think it's fair for him to win nothing because he was loyal to a club whose chairman who only cares about profit.

Levy needs to swallow his pride and drastically change his strategy this summer. Invest in Mourinho and give our top players a reason to stay. Or let them leave and stop pretending he gives a shit about the club's success.

I really don't give a shit what you think or heard. I 've warned you many times about the pitfall and inefficiency of being the "Harry Kane team. "You " didn't listen or couldn't hear. There you go stupid mid table shit. You fully deserve

What's red and rhymes with yard?

Come on TFC, you know it makes sense....

It won't be popular but I have a sinking feeling that Harry is going to leave this summer. He's going to be 27 this month and entering the prime of his career. I think if he wants to win trophies, he'll need to move. I can't see Levy wanting to sell him to a Premier League club so it'll likely be Real Madrid or Barcelona.

It's such a fucking shame because he clearly loves the club. I just don't think it's fair for him to win nothing because he was loyal to a club whose chairman who only cares about profit.

Levy needs to swallow his pride and drastically change his strategy this summer. Invest in Mourinho and give our top players a reason to stay. Or let them leave and stop pretending he gives a shit about the club's success.
He wants that premier league record, think if he goes he will stay in England just as 99% of English footballers do.

I really don't give a shit what you think or heard. I 've warned you many times about the pitfall and inefficiency of being the "Harry Kane team. "You " didn't listen or couldn't hear. There you go stupid mid table shit. You fully deserve

screenshot-2020-07-07-at-00-32-07.png

:dawsonmean:

England tend to play a 433 - that formation was always going to get the best out of Kane, especially with two willing runners either side of him (cough cough, Son and Bergwijn). I'm still amazed we haven't truly tested it out.

I also think the slower pace of international football probably helps him out too.

This is what I don’t get. Son and Stevie on the wings up top with Kane should be deadly.

I mentioned in another thread that a top DM would make everyone better - our attacking players more brave and aggressive going for goals and our defenders more secure in defending. It is hard to ask explosive attackers to attack all game and defend hard all game.

Was thinking this too. I want him to go back to having fun again and with the current way we play, that ain’t happening. For two years or so now he has lacked service. If he was in the Man City side he would be leaving the Vardy’s and Ings in the dust. It’s sad to see how far we have fallen in terms of chances for one of the best strikers in the world. Man U would be a great side for him with Rashford and Greenwood on either side of him. Do I really want this? No. But I do want to see one of the best reach that level again and that ain’t happening until we get some fresh blood and a new manager.

Was thinking this too. I want him to go back to having fun again and with the current way we play, that ain’t happening. For two years or so now he has lacked service. If he was in the Man City side he would be leaving the Vardy’s and Ings in the dust. It’s sad to see how far we have fallen in terms of chances for one of the best strikers in the world. Man U would be a great side for him with Rashford and Greenwood on either side of him. Do I really want this? No. But I do want to see one of the best reach that level again and that ain’t happening until we get some fresh blood and a new manager.

I get the idea that if he's having fun, we're having fun; but the suggestion of selling him to cheer him up holds no particular appeal for me. Same as any other player, there is a line; I want what's best for us not what's best for Harry.

Will be rashford and Sancho by the time he signed for them if he goes. Think that would be his most likely destination though if they came in for him.

But it’s not up to him and I can’t see utd paying the money. Kane has 4 years left on his contract and he ain’t the type to kick up a fuss.

They are going to spend around 100 mill on Sancho, can anyone see them spending another 150-200mill on Kane? That’s the minimum levy would ask for from an English team.

Will be rashford and Sancho by the time he signed for them if he goes. Think that would be his most likely destination though if they came in for him.

But it’s not up to him and I can’t see utd paying the money. Kane has 4 years left on his contract and he ain’t the type to kick up a fuss.

They are going to spend around 100 mill on Sancho, can anyone see them spending another 150-200mill on Kane? That’s the minimum levy would ask for from an English team.

Even less likely if they're not bluffing on this one....

I get the idea that if he's having fun, we're having fun; but the suggestion of selling him to cheer him up holds no particular appeal for me. Same as any other player, there is a line; I want what's best for us not what's best for Harry.

I agree with you, but I can see him kicking up a fuss behind the scenes. If winning isn't in the cards anytime soon, which I can't see happening if we stick with Jose, then I wouldn't be surprised if he is used to fund other moves.

As I mentioned above, Kane could def make his voice heard behind closed doors. He is not the type of let that affect his play or attitude, but I don't think he will just sit here for another rebuild.

I agree with you, but I can see him kicking up a fuss behind the scenes. If winning isn't in the cards anytime soon, which I can't see happening if we stick with Jose, then I wouldn't be surprised if he is used to fund other moves.

I don't think that's something Jose would get behind over the next year or two... He ain't dumb; he'll reliase Harry is the jewel in any potential crown. Sell your 'queen' to buy 'pawns' is not his style.

As I mentioned above, Kane could def make his voice heard behind closed doors. He is not the type of let that affect his play or attitude, but I don't think he will just sit here for another rebuild.

"Another"? ...What prior rebuilds has Harry sat through?

I don't think that's something Jose would get behind over the next year or two... He ain't dumb; he'll reliase Harry is the jewel in any potential crown. Sell your 'queen' to buy 'pawns' is not his style.

"Another"? ...What prior rebuilds has Harry sat through?

Of course he won't be, but I could see Harry getting a bit unsettled if it takes multiple summer windows to achieve anything. We have a lot of work to do squad wise.

He was part of the first one under Poch, but it was more of me saying that I don't think he will want to wait two to three windows to get the squad up to snuff. So a rebuild or another rebuild. You pick the semantics.

Of course he won't be, but I could see Harry getting a bit unsettled if it takes multiple summer windows to achieve anything. We have a lot of work to do squad wise.

He was part of the first one under Poch, but it was more of me saying that I don't think he will want to wait two to three windows to get the squad up to snuff. So a rebuild or another rebuild. You pick the semantics.

I'm being no more picky than you are being selective with the truth by saying "another".

The reason I sought to clarify and subsequently differentiate is that one speaks differently of him and his 'patience' than the other....

I'm being no more picky than you are being selective with the truth by saying "another".

The reason I sought to clarify and subsequently differentiate is that one speaks differently of him and his 'patience' than the other....

I see. Well in my opinion we are debating over the choice of words. From what i have seen of Harry he is the consummate progressional we all want in our squad. He is a smart lad in terms of how he conducts himself and clearly wants to be the best. My point is that he could or couldn’t get unsettled by the idea of competing now versus two years from now. That is up to him and we shall see what happens. I hope for his patience in the build, but would also not be surprised if he went elsewhere to get to the promise land sooner, which is obviously never a guarantee.

Could do with a game out. I am a bit worried if he keeps getting 90 minutes that he may pick up a muscle injury after being out so long. He’ll play and score against the scum obviously, so Bournemouth might be the game to give him reduced minutes in.

Looking more and more like a shell of a player he was like the Michael Owen that ended up at Newcastle and people will go on about lack of service but he should be out there making shit happen he is meant to be our star player but offers very little these days

Looking more and more like a shell of a player he was like the Michael Owen that ended up at Newcastle and people will go on about lack of service but he should be out there making shit happen he is meant to be our star player but offers very little these days
When he was muscled off that ball when he was 1v1 with a defender through on goal I actually got really sad. He's just lost so much physical ability. 3 years ago he was so much faster, so much stronger.

When he was muscled off that ball when he was 1v1 with a defender through on goal I actually got really sad. He's just lost so much physical ability. 3 years ago he was so much faster, so much stronger.
Agree there is so much that has just gone from him through all the injuries sad to see but has happened to many a top striker

Back
Top Bottom