Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs 1 more goal to enter the list of top 100 English top division scorers of all time.

85Michael Owen150
86Frank Worthington150
87Joe Royle150
88Jackie Milburn150
89Cliff Bastin150
90Martin Chivers149
91Mark Hughes148
92Tommy Browell148
93George Holley148
94Micky Fenton147
95Alan Smith146
96Jackie Mudie146
97Gary Lineker145
98Eric Brook145
99Tommy Roberts145
100Robin Van Persie144
103Harry Kane143

Great resource. Amazing that of the top 200 players, only Aguero and Kane are active in the PL, and Lukaku is still playing overseas of course.

A good season from Harry could see him end up in the top 50 next season. Nobody is touching Greaves, though, 357 top flight goals? Fucking ridiculous.

Great resource. Amazing that of the top 200 players, only Aguero and Kane are active in the PL, and Lukaku is still playing overseas of course.

A good season from Harry could see him end up in the top 50 next season. Nobody is touching Greaves, though, 357 top flight goals? Fucking ridiculous.

He would need about 7 and a half more seasons of scoring 30 league goals to top Greaves

Crazy!

I really want him to win this one to go level with Aguero for the all-time record again! He held it jointly for ages.

Plus he hasn't won one for so long and it would signal more than anything that Kane is truly back.

I really want him to win this one to go level with Aguero for the all-time record again! He held it jointly for ages.

Plus he hasn't won one for so long and it would signal more than anything that Kane is truly back.
Ah, what a gyp. Antonio won it. He had a great month and all but scoring 4 in a single match is just elite stat-padding. I felt the same when Kane did it against Leicester that one time. What a game it was though.

Anyway, Kane didn't have the most goals on the shortlist by any means but I thought the average quality of his goals was enough. (POTM is sadly a goalscoring contest more than anything else, with quantity the most important factor)

Ah, what a gyp. Antonio won it. He had a great month and all but scoring 4 in a single match is just elite stat-padding. I felt the same when Kane did it against Leicester that one time. What a game it was though.

Anyway, Kane didn't have the most goals on the shortlist by any means but I thought the average quality of his goals was enough. (POTM is sadly a goalscoring contest more than anything else, with quantity the most important factor)

He got 8 goals and 1 assist in 7 games to be fair.

He got 8 goals and 1 assist in 7 games to be fair.
How does that change what I said? It's interesting for people who might not know but half of his goals coming in one of seven games still matters. He scored a heap against Norwich of all teams, and I'd argue that he actually should've scored a lot more across the seven games based on his chances.

How does that change what I said? It's interesting for people who might not know but half of his goals coming in one of seven games still matters. He scored a heap against Norwich of all teams, and I'd argue that he actually should've scored a lot more across the seven games based on his chances.

Where did I say it changed what you said?

POTM is stat driven, no one gives a shit if he scored 4 against Norwich.

Take away his goal involvement for the month and West Ham are playing Championship football next season.

Where did I say it changed what you said?

POTM is stat driven, no one gives a shit if he scored 4 against Norwich.

Take away his goal involvement for the month and West Ham are playing Championship football next season.

He kept them up. Kane kept us in Europe. Both were crucial in the last month. Kane probably doesn't care, so I won't either.

Aubameyang waiting for Barcelona. If he stays at Woolwich, they will be paying him 300k per week.

Once again, it shows the value of having Harry Kane, and not just a elite mercenary, on your side.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/...ar-holding-out-for-a-contract-from-barcelona/

Aubameyang waiting for Barcelona. If he stays at Woolwich, they will be paying him 300k per week.

Once again, it shows the value of having Harry Kane, and not just a elite mercenary, on your side.

Telegraph reporting he's agreed to sign a new deal. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Kane is mentally laying the groundwork to get out by the time next season comes along barring us having a great season (a cup and top 4, maybe he'd also settle for just a cup) but there's no way he'll continue business as usual when he's close to 28 if we drop another season like the one just gone by.

Telegraph reporting he's agreed to sign a new deal. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Kane is mentally laying the groundwork to get out by the time next season comes along barring us having a great season (a cup and top 4, maybe he'd also settle for just a cup) but there's no way he'll continue business as usual when he's close to 28 if we drop another season like the one just gone by.
Sadly, i agree with this.

Right, I should have posted both links - Sky Sports didn´t mention the value of his wages; since the situation is still uncertain, I brought the link about him waiting for Barcelona, and I mentioned the possibility of him staying at Woolwich (for huge money) myself.

I´m not saying Harry Kane wouldn´t want a better contract, or that he will necessarily stay at Tottenham for the next 5 years. It would be legit if things don´t go well and he chooses to go at some point. However, Kane would never put us in a "brains or signature" situation, like Aubameyang is doing to them.

The way your biggest player treats your club, makes a difference.

My point is that Harry Kane wouldn´t put us in a "brains or signature" situation, like Aubameyang is doing to them. I´m not saying Kane wouldn´t want a better contract, or that he will necessarily stay at Tottenham for the next 5 years.

But the way your biggest player treats your club, makes a difference.

This is incredibly naive thinking.

This is incredibly naive thinking.
That´s a possibility.

But Aubameyang has a history of leaving clubs for money - he was heavily linked with a move to China before going to Woolwich (he was 29 at the time? 28, maybe?). Kane has a history of staying at Tottenham.

I´m all for the benefit of the doubt.

That´s a possibility.

But Aubameyang has a history of leaving clubs for money - he was heavily linked with a move to China before going to Woolwich (he was 29 at the time? 28, maybe?). Kane has a history of staying at Tottenham.

I´m all for the benefit of the doubt.
I hope you are right.
Up until early last year i would have a agreed with you.
But a player with goal tally like his deserves medals.
I just think it may be Teddy Sheringham all over again.

Back
Top Bottom