Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate (hate) thinking this, but is the only way forward now to sell Harry and use the money to rebuild. Had to happen with Bale. Maybe that’s the only answer now, however counter intuitive that is.

Not sure why Kane is being singled out by some.

I don't think he's being singled out at all, it was a dreadful performance all around. But Kane looked like a kid who dropped his ice cream scoop on the ground for the rest of the game after Son failed to find him on that breakaway.

Subconsciously, he knows no one is coming to get him on 75 minutes.

I don't think he's being singled out at all, it was a dreadful performance all around. But Kane looked like a kid who dropped his ice cream scoop on the ground for the rest of the game after Son failed to find him on that breakaway.

Subconsciously, he knows no one is coming to get him on 75 minutes.
I just think he has had enough of seeing the likes of Lucas , Sissoko and winks behind him on the pitch every week and who can blame him

I hate (hate) thinking this, but is the only way forward now to sell Harry and use the money to rebuild. Had to happen with Bale. Maybe that’s the only answer now, however counter intuitive that is.
The way forward is to back the manager who has won trophy after trophy with top quality players.
The signings we have made already will prove to be good players but we need a good centre forward to play up front with Kane and bring back Bale

He looked a shell of the player he can be yesterday - completely starved of service and any meaningful linkup play.

I'm trying not to melt here, but how much longer is he going to want to endure having to play football like that? All the talk with Mourinho has been about getting us a trophy, well I'm starting to worry Harry might see an FA win cup under Mourinho as his ticket out of Spurs - he'll have done what he always wanted, which is to win something at Tottenham.

Why would he want to stay another season if we're still playing tactically inept football with a jaded squad of players?

We desperately need to get some quality around him.

The only reason we should ever contemplate selling Kane is if he wants to go. buying a guaranteed 25 goal a season player is nigh on impossible for us. Even saying that where does he go? Abroad, I very much doubt it? The only option realistically would be United, and do any of us wanna see that?

Spurs all time goalscorers, Jimmy Greaves 266, Bobby Smith 208, Harry Kane 188. Harry needs 78 more to draw level with Jimmy. Needs a few more seasons to do that, wonder if he will.
I have resigned myself to the fact he wont be here next season.
So unless he gets them all this year ,he wont.
Be interesting to see what those others had won after hitting 188 goals,where as HK has nothing. A player doesn't have a divine right to win things,but someone hitting the onion sack that amount of times ,deserves something,even if it's a promotion from a lower league.
And to think i felt quite positive a few weeks back.

Groundhog day today is it? Exactly the same stuff being said about Harry back in the post lockdown games. Then he goes on a scoring run and it's all forgotten.

He's one of our only players of genuine class. The players behind him are the issue. If anything he's going to keep the manager in a job longer than otherwise because you can almost guarantee he'll start scoring soon and help us win a few games doing so.

If I were Jose and based on yesterday's team performance and the current quality of players Harry has around him (both old and new), I would be hard justified to argue against him, should this situation continue, if he walked into my office in a few weeks and handed in a transfer request.

My reaction would be "I totally understand Harry, a huge thank you for your services and dedication to the club and sincere best wishes for the future. I hope it brings you the success and silverware you truly deserve". We shall do our best to accomodate your request as soon as possible.

Then when he'd gone I would sit and cry.

It's actually insane that we have this guy who would be every manager's dream to have up front, because he only needs a handful of chances every game to guarantee getting on the scoresheet, and yet we can't even put a team around him to feed him the ball in advanced positions.

It's so much easier to score goals when you have a reliable finisher, but we can't even get him the fucking ball. Unbelievable really.

If I were Jose and based on yesterday's team performance and the current quality of players Harry has around him (both old and new), I would be hard justified to argue against him, should this situation continue, if he walked into my office in a few weeks and handed in a transfer request.

My reaction would be "I totally understand Harry, a huge thank you for your services and dedication to the club and sincere best wishes for the future. I hope it brings you the success and silverware you truly deserve". We shall do our best to accomodate your request as soon as possible.

Then when he'd gone I would sit and cry.

Doubt you’d have any time to cry. You’d be too busy being sacked.

Doubt you’d have any time to cry. You’d be too busy being sacked.
Inevitably so, the guy who was in charge when Harry left could never survive both from boardroom and supporter level. Sad thing is if Kane did leave it would be a culmination of circumstances that existed long before Mourinho's name was ever mentioned as a potential boss. Levy and his board will shed crocodile tears for the media whilst thinking of the huge fee they can demand for Harry. The football world is an unforgiving place.

Groundhog day today is it? Exactly the same stuff being said about Harry back in the post lockdown games. Then he goes on a scoring run and it's all forgotten.

He's one of our only players of genuine class. The players behind him are the issue. If anything he's going to keep the manager in a job longer than otherwise because you can almost guarantee he'll start scoring soon and help us win a few games doing so.

Back
Top Bottom