Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's actually insane that we have this guy who would be every manager's dream to have up front, because he only needs a handful of chances every game to guarantee getting on the scoresheet, and yet we can't even put a team around him to feed him the ball in advanced positions.

It's so much easier to score goals when you have a reliable finisher, but we can't even get him the fucking ball. Unbelievable really.
We are not setup like that to create chance we are setup as a percentages team play on the counter. We hardly put the ball in the box.

Interesting that he is basically saying he's using these matches to get match fit again. Based on the restart he should hopefully be fit and firing in another match or two. Squad is basically still pre-season fit at this point.

Interesting that he is basically saying he's using these matches to get match fit again. Based on the restart he should hopefully be fit and firing in another match or two. Squad is basically still pre-season fit at this point.

Yep - we have 3 games over the next 7 days - wouldn't surprise me if he started all of them (Though, Id epxect him to start at least 2)

He’s basically marked out of the game, and seemed to be surrounded at all times today (apart from the Serie A doc, obvs.). With Bale coming back, you’d expect teams to worry about him, too, which should free Harry to do what he does best. If they don’t, then I have no doubt that Gareff will be shooting from distance and not tripping over oppo players.

You can guard two players, with a good plan and team defence. One cb, one full back, and one cm can effectively shut down two players who play close together (e.g a forward and winger).

It is very very difficult to shut down 3.

Pre eriksen wimping and whining, we were deadly because we had 4 people oppositions had to worry about a goal threat for.

We've lost eriksen and Dele. Replaced them with moura and Deles brother.

Bring in Bale and we're back up to 3 and banging goals in for fun.

Simple math really

I bet Harry is breathing a sigh of relief after Bale signed.

No disrespect to Son, but Kane must feel like he's been carrying this team. Bale is a born winner and has plenty of experience when it comes to dragging Spurs over the line.

Can't wait to see the two of them in action together.

I bet Harry is breathing a sigh of relief after Bale signed.

No disrespect to Son, but Kane must feel like he's been carrying this team. Bale is a born winner and has plenty of experience when it comes to dragging Spurs over the line.

Can't wait to see the two of them in action together.

That's pretty disrespectful to Son considering he has done a really good job in Kane's absence. Here is hoping that all three of them (and the rest of our players) can link up well and take our play to that next level.

That's pretty disrespectful to Son considering he has done a really good job in Kane's absence. Here is hoping that all three of them (and the rest of our players) can link up well and take our play to that next level.

Another Son FC fanboy?

Son has a brilliant purple patch once or twice a season, but goes missing a lot. I’m sure he’ll benefit massively from having Bale alongside him, but Kane is obviously our talisman. He’s the only player comparable to Bale.

Kane's numbers even in a 'bad' season were still mindbogglingly good: Spurs 34 games 24 goals and England 10 games 12 goals ... and yet people on here are slagging him off? He would walk into any team on the planet ... he scores his goals from almost half the number of chances his golden-boot rivals get.

The issue at Spurs, since Eriksen lost form and left, has been creating chances, that's why we've signed two attacking FB's and one of the best attacking players on the planet ...

Kane and Son have been magnificent feeding from mid-table level chances, increase the number of chances and 80+ goals this season is a real possibility ... at least that's what we can now genuinely hope.

People (some THFC supporters included) are always trying write Harry off. But he consistently proves them wrong - The man is a fucking superstar striker. This idea that he stands in the way of Son is obscene. I love Sonny and think the idea that if Harry played as a 10, Son would of course score more goals than he already does... But that is the same for any other player that would play in the 9 role if Harry traded places with them. That’s a fucking simple idea.

It is great that we have multiple players capable of scoring and perhaps we need to appreciate that - rather than question who would be the best if we changed the set up. We support spurs, not individuals within the team.

It’s seemingly within the nature of people to think it, but I don’t think the grass gets any greener than having Kane as the designated striker, and you would probably say that for every team in the world right now.

Another Son FC fanboy?

Son has a brilliant purple patch once or twice a season, but goes missing a lot. I’m sure he’ll benefit massively from having Bale alongside him, but Kane is obviously our talisman. He’s the only player comparable to Bale.

Not a fanboy.. but if his purple patch includes having more goal contributions over the past 2 seasons than any of our other players. then hell I like purple patches. Also, if you are penalty taker such as Kane, then often it makes it look like a player is more consistent. The same is true for when Kane has been out and Son has been the main man.

Anyway, I really don't understand why people always need to bring other players down on here. Just so much negativity that is not needed. Rather than saying that you look forward to Kane & Bale playing together.. you drag Son's name into this and mention how much 'better' Bale & Kane are.. and hence you have posters like me wanting to say something about it... then you say that I must be a fanboy... laughable.

Kane's numbers even in a 'bad' season were still mindbogglingly good: Spurs 34 games 24 goals and England 10 games 12 goals ... and yet people on here are slagging him off? He would walk into any team on the planet ... he scores his goals from almost half the number of chances his golden-boot rivals get.

The issue at Spurs, since Eriksen lost form and left, has been creating chances, that's why we've signed two attacking FB's and one of the best attacking players on the planet ...

Kane and Son have been magnificent feeding from mid-table level chances, increase the number of chances and 80+ goals this season is a real possibility ... at least that's what we can now genuinely hope.

The above is the type of attitude and positivity that I love from posters on here.

Not a fanboy.. but if his purple patch includes having more goal contributions over the past 2 seasons than any of our other players. then hell I like purple patches. Also, if you are penalty taker such as Kane, then often it makes it look like a player is more consistent. The same is true for when Kane has been out and Son has been the main man.

Anyway, I really don't understand why people always need to bring other players down on here. Just so much negativity that is not needed. Rather than saying that you look forward to Kane & Bale playing together.. you drag Son's name into this and mention how much 'better' Bale & Kane are.. and hence you have posters like me wanting to say something about it... then you say that I must be a fanboy... laughable.

Ok fanboy.

Harry should be fully fit now. Decent spurs team, i expect him to look very good today.
I don't expect to see him pressing adequately until we get another striker in and he can recharge properly.

Still expecting jogging and half press from him.

Think Jose has been telling him to drop behind sonny when keeper the ball and let sonny lead the press to get us going.

I miss that intense Kane lost to injury.

Also, if you are penalty taker such as Kane, then often it makes it look like a player is more consistent. The same is true for when Kane has been out and Son has been the main man.
Kane has an amazing goalscoring record for us - and indeed England - and only 27 of those goals were penalties (which is a fraction of the total amount of goals he has scored), he certainly doesn't need penalties to be recognized as one of the best strikers in world football.

Last edited:
Just hope he does not get affected by Bale's success and decide to follow and leave at the end of the season and hope to come back later. With Bale only having a 1 year deal it really means we must have a good season or we could lose both Kane and Bale. Still just enjoy this season and ignore the future.

Back
Top Bottom