Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we fade away which looks possible I think it could happen, Harry is desperate for Shearers record.

He does love Spurs though. I can see him staying for Greaves’ record but beyond that he will want Shearer - but he doesn’t have to stay with us for that one. Unless he suffers something seriously career ending I think he will do Spurs, Premier League and England.

He does love Spurs though. I can see him staying for Greaves’ record but beyond that he will want Shearer - but he doesn’t have to stay with us for that one. Unless he suffers something seriously career ending I think he will do Spurs, Premier League and England.
I think it's very unlikely that he we will make a transfer within the league.

Spot on with his post-match comments.

Still too many passengers on the team. Happy to be at Spurs and collect their wages but no desire to become winners

If we fade away which looks possible I think it could happen, Harry is desperate for Shearers record.
“We are not a young team anymore, we are experienced, we have played in big games, the manager has been here 6 years and I can see why he’s frustrated, we are making the same mistakes we were making 6 years ago” - Harry Kane 18-09-19

Last edited:
Harry Kane has declined over the past year. Should Spurs fans be concerned?

I thought this article confirms our eye test. The stats shown in that article is an alarm of concern.
While i agree with some aspects of the article, but perhaps we have been accustomed to a Kane in his purple patch, and he is normalising to what he really is. A very good striker, not an elite player.

Then again, he enjoys proving his doubters wrong and he takes a while to find his groove. So everything is premature.

Ah, what a load of bull.

The whole team performances have dropped off since that time. We have become more vulnerable in the defence, we are less commanding in the midfield, we don't press oppo as much as we used to and basically other teams have learned to deal with the way we play.

And are we blaming all this on Kane? Really?

Which is more likely scenario here - team performances have dropped off due to loss of some players (Dembele) and loss of form/decline of others (Trippier, Wanyama, Dier, Rose) + we have changed the way we play (less pressing) due to that, so Kane havent had the freedom/room/support he used to have before, so this is impacting his play.

or

Kane performance levels have dropped, and this has caused us to press less, being unable to control midfield and be shaky at the back?

to me, the 1st option sounds way more likely.

I don't doubt he loves the club but he is now entering his prime and still no nearer winning anything, will he really wait another five years of levy and poch fucking about to see if we get any nearer I think not.
If a big club who challenge and more importantly wins them comes along then he should take the opportunity and run with it.

Back
Top Bottom