Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am i right in reading that Levy has for the first time put a price tag on Kane ? ..£250m , this comes a week after Kane's comments that after 5 years spurs still haven't learnt lessons...a direct message that lessons haven't been learned while Poch has been at spurs..for me this is a clear indication that Poch and Kane are drifting apart..Eriksen has seen it and now Kane has openly said it..Poch has given spurs some good times without winning anything, but he has to leave before Kane does

You signed up just to announce this?

Boy, we're gonna has soooo much fun together at summer camp. :thumbup:

Levy has never openly put a price tag on any player. He doesn't do interviews so it is the papers pulling numbers out of their asses.

I wouldn't put too much into some paper claiming that Levy has a asking price for one of our players.

That's not how it works though... Prior to every window Hier Levy sends out a price-list containing all of our squad and attempts to sell them out from underneath the nose of our poor unsuspecting managers.

This is why we are mid-table 4 lyfe! :angryscouser:

I'm sorry but just because a newspaper says Levy is asking for £150m for Eriksen and £250m for Kane with no quotes or evidence in the article it does not mean it's true and more fool you for believing it.

I can see where the confusion around the £150m/£250m figures has come from though, that's actually the price for 3rd kit in boys/mens.

KWP / Davies / Sanchez / Foyth / Tanganga / Sessengon.

Those are not good options. Look back a few years and it was Walker-Toby-Jan-Rose and you want to compare that with KWP-Sanchez-Foyth-Sessengon? That is a mid-table defence at best, 3 of those players are unproven.
Winks / Dier / Ndombele / Lo Celso (presumably) / Skipp

2 youth prospects, a man who is never fit, and two men we've barely seen play. It doesn't really scream "Champions League Midfield".
Kane / Lucas / Son / Dele / Lamela / Parrott

I can't see Kane and Dele staying being here next year, Parrott is far too young to be put in that bracket.

It's possible that we finish next year needing to buy:
1 RB (Aurier leaves/KWP not good enough)
2 CB (Toby and Jan leave)
1 LB (Depending on Rose's future and Sessengon's position)
1 CM (We can't keep Dier if he's never fit enough to play, Wanyama is done and Sissoko's contract runs out in 2 years)
1 AM (Eriksen will leave, possibly Dele too)
1 ST (Depending on if Kane wants to stay another year or not. I can't see him signing a new contract again)

Am i right in reading that Levy has for the first time put a price tag on Kane ? ..£250m , this comes a week after Kane's comments that after 5 years spurs still haven't learnt lessons...a direct message that lessons haven't been learned while Poch has been at spurs..for me this is a clear indication that Poch and Kane are drifting apart..Eriksen has seen it and now Kane has openly said it..Poch has given spurs some good times without winning anything, but he has to leave before Kane does
Levy has never put a pricetag on any player.

He is a negotiator.

Those are not good options. Look back a few years and it was Walker-Toby-Jan-Rose and you want to compare that with KWP-Sanchez-Foyth-Sessengon? That is a mid-table defence at best, 3 of those players are unproven.

I'm not listing them as first XI... You were talking about squad remember.

2 youth prospects

Skipp and???

a man who is never fit, and two men we've barely seen play. It doesn't really scream "Champions League Midfield".

2 men that were price tagged for a combined 120m + just 6 weeks ago.....

You're looking at this through shit-tinted glasses.

I can't see Kane and Dele staying being here next year, Parrott is far too young to be put in that bracket.

Shit tinted shades again.

You big drama queen. :pochrolleyes:

Couldn't blame Harry if Madrid/Barca/Juve come in big and he wants the move.

Think this rebuild is coming at exactly the wrong time for H.

Couldn't blame Harry if Madrid/Barca/Juve come in big and he wants the move.

Think this rebuild is coming at exactly the wrong time for H.
Maybe he has felt the Winds Of Change (I can do musical references too :thumbup: ) within the club and is hanging back to see who the new guy is before making his decision.

Well by my count he still has 5 years left on his contract, I can’t see him going anywhere until he is at least half way through that.

By then we will have back to back league titles and a CL in the bag so I doubt he will want to leave. :pocheyes:

I'm not listing them as first XI... You were talking about squad remember.

Okay then, so Toby and Jan leave this summer 100% imo. Rose and Aurier probably too.

We then have to buy an entirely new back 4. I'd say that's a pretty big rebuild.

Alternatively, we're stuck with KWP-Foyth-Sanchez-Davies which is a shit defence.
Skipp and???

I don't think Winks has consistent enough performances to be seen as anything other than a prospect, at the age of 23. For every 1 great game, he has 2 average and 1 terrible.
2 men that were price tagged for a combined 120m + just 6 weeks ago.....

Does that mean they're tried and tested? That we can rely on them in and they are the future of Spurs? No, we've spent £30 million on strikers before just to dump them the next year. The price tag means jack shit.

They might become amazing Spurs Legends, or they might flop. I wouldn't fancy the core of my midfield being based on two gambles.
Shit tinted shades again.

It's the only glasses I have these days when it comes to Tottenham. Our peak has come and gone and we won nothing during it and now will need to rebuild under a new manager imo.

Okay then, so Toby and Jan leave this summer 100% imo. Rose and Aurier probably too.

We then have to buy an entirely new back 4. I'd say that's a pretty big rebuild.

Alternatively, we're stuck with KWP-Foyth-Sanchez-Davies which is a shit defence.

I don't think Winks has consistent enough performances to be seen as anything other than a prospect, at the age of 23. For every 1 great game, he has 2 average and 1 terrible.

Does that mean they're tried and tested? That we can rely on them in and they are the future of Spurs? No, we've spent £30 million on strikers before just to dump them the next year. The price tag means jack shit.

They might become amazing Spurs Legends, or they might flop. I wouldn't fancy the core of my midfield being based on two gambles.

It's the only glasses I have these days when it comes to Tottenham. Our peak has come and gone and we won nothing during it and now will need to rebuild under a new manager imo.

It's like you didn't even read my initial post. :pochrolleyes:

"I hate to say it"

Lol.... You're a trauma hound.

Have a nice hernia.

Back
Top Bottom