Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was a phenomenonal player, that doesn't make him a better striker than Kane.

Stop comparing TEAM accomplishments when comparing two individual footballers.

Rooney played for, at one time, the best team in the world and barely managed to score more than 20 league goals in a season (managed twice in his whole career) and played in a lot more talented England squads and scored 1 World Cup goal.

Rooney was excellent. Peaked early but was fantastic. A great footballer, could do it all but as a striker? Kane takes it for me and id argue he'd also get in every team in world football.

Fair challenge. I disagree but that's fine.

Better than Rooney? Not a fcuking chance. Sorry but no way.

There is a world of difference of course between the Premier League and international games and leadership but Sutton is a good pundit.

If Kane's name were Able maybe he would be afforded a start at present.

Either way I think he needs to dominate PL defenders again to show he is the man.

There is a world of difference of course between the Premier League and international games and leadership but Sutton is a good pundit.

If Kane's name were Able maybe he would be afforded a start at present.

Either way I think he needs to dominate PL defenders again to show he is the man.

Sutton is a prick.... When Harry was on fire in the EPL he was still picking petty holes in his game and playing the 'others have a better all round game' card.

Q. During the Kane 'era' which other CF has "dominated defenders" more? Further considering golden boots, excellent hold up play, classy all-round link up and some world class assists, Why has Harry got to be a one man army when no-one else is being held to that criteria?

Vardy has been mediocre in the EPL since they won the league and Abraham has been doing the biz for 5minutes....

I wouldn't drop Kane for either be it club or country.

If you think either JV or TA would do any better in this dysfunctional Spurs side you're as blinkered as Mr Sutton.

None of your comments amount to a poignant rebutal of Rooney being a lesser CF either.

Last edited:
He was a phenomenonal player, that doesn't make him a better striker than Kane.

Stop comparing TEAM accomplishments when comparing two individual footballers.

Rooney played for, at one time, the best team in the world and barely managed to score more than 20 league goals in a season (managed twice in his whole career) and played in a lot more talented England squads and scored 1 World Cup goal.

Rooney was excellent. Peaked early but was fantastic. A great footballer, could do it all but as a striker? Kane takes it for me and id argue he'd also get in every team in world football.
Perfectly put.

Sutton is a prick.... When Harry was on fire in the EPL he was still picking petty holes in his game and playing the 'others have a better all round game' card.

Q. During the Kane 'era' which other CF has "dominated defenders" more? Further considering golden boots, excellent hold up play, classy all-round link up and some world class assists, Why has Harry got to be a one man army when no-one else is being held to that criteria?

Vardy has been mediocre in the EPL since they won the league and Abraham has been doing the biz for 5minutes....

I wouldn't drop Kane for either be it club or country.

If you think either JV or TA would do any better in this dysfunctional Spurs side you're as blinkered as Mr Sutton.

None of your comments amount to a poignant rebutal of Rooney being a lesser CF either.

Vardy is a super striker, the type of which would havw given us great options alongside or competing with Kane.

I see our man as top notch but in the biggest games..... nope.

I won't be changing that position until Kane goes that extra inch.

The best prevail against the best when it matters most. A very simple metric.

Vardy is a super striker, the type of which would havw given us great options alongside or competing with Kane.

extra inch of what, far as I can see he is pretty world class in every aspect of his game minus pace, he is by far our best all round player currently, he has been a few times top prem scorer, he has scored against the likes of the Barca and would get in pretty much any team in the world. There is a lot wrong with us right now but Kane isn’t the issue.

extra inch of what, far as I can see he is pretty world class in every aspect of his game minus pace, he is by far our best all round player currently, he has been a few times top prem scorer, he has scored against the likes of the Barca and would get in pretty much any team in the world. There is a lot wrong with us right now but Kane isn’t the issue.

And at no point have I said he is although his League manager overplays him.

Kane understandably has dips im form or gets tired.

No other or should I say no top manager would have allowed him to effectively be the only quality out and out striker at their club.

Classic case of skating around the points put to you there NABS.

All you're doing is offering hollow slogans and platitude to others, whilst holding our lad/club to sterner scrutiny (like you always do).

It’s a team game, as a collective we pressed, Kane didn’t press the opposition all on his own, if Kane went all high press right now he would be burnt out by the 20th minute as no other cunt seems to want to press....
However, pressing aside we simply aren’t playing with any kind of plan at the minute, we don’t even know what 11 players are going to start the bloody game (I think it’s nearly 80 games since we put out the same team in back to back games)....
bottom line is we have let key players go past their peak without having a replacement lined up, we have signed too many inconsistent players the past few years, and worst of all our manager has mentality resigned from the club, but unfortunately that penny has yet to drop at board room level.....

Vardy is a super striker, when played in a system which suits him. Rogers is getting the best out of him again. Something which their previous manager could not do, due to the system he was playing.

The only players who seem to manage to drag their team through games by themselves are Messi and C. Ronaldo. And even though they are a league above any other player on the planet, they don't always succeed.

Elephant(s) in the room... Vardy retired from England when he became frustrated at being kept out of the England team by whom?

Similarly, anyone wanna take a guess why he didn't make much of an impact with England when he WAS played?

Notabadsquad you're up.....

Last edited:
Not going to trunch back through the comments, but are people seriously debating if Vardy is better than Kane?

Kane is levels ahead of Vardy. Kane will score you 40+ across a season, and also create you another 15+ goals. Vardy is good in one system, which is chasing a ball over the top. It's what Ranieri done with him, and what Rogers is currently doing.

Theres a reason why he didnt get ahead of Kane for England, and never really hit heights with England. He's one dimensional.

Back
Top Bottom