Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there a more bias media than the italian one.

They always post the most ridiculous transfer stories and somehow they always end up with huge star signing for an italian club , usually on loan or some equally ridiculous arrangement.

Kane isnt going to Juventus. They only sign big name players on free transfers and they dont have the bear 200 million it would cost.

If he goes it's to Manchester or madrid.

I honestly don’t get why people think Kane would leave this summer.

This summer is going to be about teams keeping what they have got, no transfer record will be broken.

The coronavirus uncertainty has saw to that.

I love him. My favourite player of all time but I wouldn’t be mad if he left for Real Madrid in 2021 if we don’t show ambition this season.

Irrespective of any 'Levy is satan' rhetoric; putting a £-sign on ambition.... How much specifically should we spend to signal to him a genuine chance of winning the league?

Irrespective of any 'Levy is satan' rhetoric; putting a £-sign on ambition.... How much specifically should we spend to signal to him a genuine chance of winning the league?
I’m not talking about winning the league mate. But have a squad that doesn’t embarrass the club week in and week out. I’d say adding 4 or 5 quality players is what the squad needs. It’s not spending much but wisely

I’m not talking about winning the league mate. But have a squad that doesn’t embarrass the club week in and week out. I’d say adding 4 or 5 quality players is what the squad needs. It’s not spending much but wisely

I guess I'm trying to look at it from a HK perspective(*)....

(*We know that even when things were going well fans some were persistently accusing us of lacking "ambition" so it's not really worth going down that path of discussion.)

We bought what was generally deemed to be genuine quality this summer and we've regressed. I'm left wondering just how much stock players would be inclined to put into transfer dealings unless they see a distinct jump in policy (in our case, buying established stars and/or players in their prime).... This is in turn why I asked about spend levels..... 4 or 5 sure shot team improvers that can be expected to make an immediate impact = est. £300m+ in this market (buying prem proven will cost a mint these days and dead-cert foreign stars likewise).

I fear that's not practical or sustainable(*).

(*Unknown Corona-factors aside)

exp22.jpg

I guess I'm trying to look at it from a HK perspective(*)....

(*We know that even when things were going well fans some were persistently accusing us of lacking "ambition" so it's not really worth going down that path of discussion.)

We bought what was generally deemed to be genuine quality this summer and we've regressed. I'm left wondering just how much stock players would be inclined to put into transfer dealings unless they see a distinct jump in policy (in our case, buying established stars and/or players in their prime).... This is in turn why I asked about spend levels..... 4 or 5 sure shot team improvers that can be expected to make an immediate impact = est. £300m+ in this market (buying prem proven will cost a mint these days and dead-cert foreign stars likewise).

I fear that's not practical or sustainable(*).

(*Unknown Corona-factors aside)
You say we bought genuine quality this summer I just do not see that...
Lo celso and ndombele were ones for the future at best, that's why nobody else tried to sign them.
Sessegnon even more of a prospect...plus we did not buy a striker or right back which we desperately needed...
Your absolutely right that we need to change our policy and buy proven quality, I am not sure why you think this is not sustainable ?
We are apparently a big premier league club with huge turnovers and facilities as I keep hearing. So why are other clubs able to sustain this model but not us.
In an ideal world we would buy a mixture of both proven quality and players with potential and add to that some homegrown talent. Who could argue that is not a club with ambition ?

After all the recent "Kane will leave" hysteria; why no similar posting frenzy off the back of the "Kane will stay" stories being printed today?

Where for art though now, Trauma Hounds?

:gallashmm:

Harry Kane 'could quit Tottenham' as trophy patience wears thin
And what makes you think he doesn’t have the same mindset as you? You opted for Newcastle instead of Man Utd and there was next to no fecking chance you were getting anywhere near silverware with them and didn’t bother you so what’s the difference......:mourbringit:
It's almost like the sports media has nothing to write about so they rehash all of the old stuff.

And what makes you think he doesn’t have the same mindset as you? You opted for Newcastle instead of Man Utd and there was next to no fecking chance you were getting anywhere near silverware with them and didn’t bother you so what’s the difference......:mourbringit:
Pure speculation without any foundation. Who did Shearer think would win the PL this year?

Lol of course it was Shearer.

Imagine being so insecure that you have to fling shit at the only English player looking at beating your record set over a decade ago.

So insecure that you undermine another England captain who has a nice guy image all because you kicked Neil Lennon in the head.

He is a fucking thug and not fit to lace Harry's boots.

Back
Top Bottom