Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"He's switched quite a few times Harry. You wouldn't think it but when he goes, he loses it, but in a good way. He wants you to do better. He wants the best for himself but also for his team-mates."

Not too rusty.

He's so good isn't he. What I noticed was that when he has a great first touch of the ball, he scores every time. I wonder if that's the key with him. His confidence soars when he gets the ball in front of goal if he's first touch is perfect in his brain. Would be interesting to look through his goals to see how good his first touch is every time he's scored. I suspect it is spot on.

He's so good isn't he. What I noticed was that when he has a great first touch of the ball, he scores every time. I wonder if that's the key with him. His confidence soars when he gets the ball in front of goal if he's first touch is perfect in his brain. Would be interesting to look through his goals to see how good his first touch is every time he's scored. I suspect it is spot on.
His first touch has always been pretty great IMO, remember him coming on late as a sub against United when we beat them at OT on New Year's Day when he was only breaking through and he took a ball down with the best touch anyone produced in the entire game. The fucking thing was nearly hoofed into orbit and he trapped it like it was nothing.

Goal machine.

Was thinking the same about his fist touch and was wondering who was pinging such shots passes to him!

I know this has been said but, the reason for the current circumstances aside, this break was desperately needed for Kane more than anyone. He's just been worn down the last 3 years.

From August 2017 to Jan 1 2020, he played 113 matches for club and 25 matches for country. During that time, he was out 219 days for injury and illness. So if you assume 8 weeks off combined during the 2018/19 summers, he's been averaging a match every 4.3 days for 29 months. Always rushed back from injury, never anytime to slowly integrate himself back into the squad, and never fully fit, in my view, since the March 2018 ankle injury.

I am very, very hopeful that Kane will be able to shrug off his past injuries and fatigue and make a huge impact for Spurs the next few years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom