Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane wasn't brilliant last night,but what he did right he did brilliantly. I think it's a case of him getting back to premier League match fitness level as opposed to a drop in form. In the short term,that goal and the way he took it will do bundles for him. Longer term he will only benefit for being away from the action for so long.

Kane wasn't brilliant last night,but what he did right he did brilliantly. I think it's a case of him getting back to premier League match fitness level as opposed to a drop in form. In the short term,that goal and the way he took it will do bundles for him. Longer term he will only benefit for being away from the action for so long.
Big time. We can give him a pass against United as they have a habit of isolating him quite effectively and we played so deep he got almost no service.

Last night's game was a classic example of a striker getting his eye in - you could see his shots on goal getting progressively better as time went on.

He'll curb stomp someone soon.

Harry Kane has now scored 137 goals in 200 appearances for Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League - the only player in the competition's history to have scored more after 200 games for a single club is Sergio Aguero (138).

Harry Kane says he now wants to become only the third player to score 200 Premier League goals: "I am still only 26 so hopefully I can get to that 200 mark sooner rather than later and go from there. Scoring is the best feeling in the world."

Harry Kane has now scored 137 goals in 200 appearances for Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League - the only player in the competition's history to have scored more after 200 games for a single club is Sergio Aguero (138).

Harry Kane says he now wants to become only the third player to score 200 Premier League goals: "I am still only 26 so hopefully I can get to that 200 mark sooner rather than later and go from there. Scoring is the best feeling in the world."

Do it in lillywhite, H.... We're right behind you! :tobyarm:

If he's fit. He'd do that in 3 seasons.

There's actually a profound irony in what you wrote with regards to BLM and pathologizing race/driving racial divide through identitarian politics - your post being a fantastic example.

But this isn't an off topic thread, so in short: fuck you.

You're entitled to your opinion and I definitely anticipated the reaction that I got from that single post - full of rage and hate. It was expected yet I'm going to point out what I see as unjust.

Answer me this, should Kane have played in last year's CL final? Putting clearly unfit Kane for a full 90 in at the expense of someone like Lucas who was fit and got the team there in the first place was absolutely shocking. I can't think of another explanation for that decision other than the explanation I gave in the post that got so much hate. Yes, I believe race/ethnicity/nationality does play a role here - you can agree or disagree.

Going off topic, I'm glad Harry looked better this past weekend. I'm hoping he continues to get better and helps the team quality for next seasons CL but would also like to see him have to fight for his spot in the line-up like everyone else on the squad.

If Kane wasn't the face of English football (as a white Englishman), chances are he would be benched and be fighting for playing time.

The BLM movement has provided some insight as to the privilege some have over others. Some just get free passes and the benefit of the doubt while others don't.

If you still don't see or recognize this, you're probably part of the problem. Simple as that.
I rarely give a 'disagree', simply because everyone is entitled to their opinion. People can argue their point until the cows come home. But to cite racism when there is none is a cowardly thing to do and devalues what BLM are all about.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say that footballers are chosen to play purely on their capabilities, any manager worth his salt is not going to choose a player simply on the colour of his skin.

Answer me this, should Kane have played in last year's CL final? Putting clearly unfit Kane for a full 90 in at the expense of someone like Lucas who was fit and got the team there in the first place was absolutely shocking. I can't think of another explanation for that decision other than the explanation I gave in the post that got so much hate. Yes, I believe race/ethnicity/nationality does play a role here - you can agree or disagree.
Delete your account in shame, it's getting worse and worse. Alternatively you can wait until you will get banned.

I rarely give a 'disagree', simply because everyone is entitled to their opinion. People can argue their point until the cows come home. But to cite racism when there is none is a cowardly thing to do and devalues what BLM are all about.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say that footballers are chosen to play purely on their capabilities, any manager worth his salt is not going to choose a player simply on the colour of his skin.
Even if it had merit the point is utterly devalued by using Kane as an example. He is favoured over other players quite justifiably, the statistics prove only Aguero would be picked over him. And that is not an option. He has earned the indulgence of first Poch then Jose. I say this as someone who is desperate for us to sign a real understudy. Only Spurs fans could turn 136 odd goals into a case of cronyism.

Is it bad that I got very excited over this near miss because of the sprint? Yes, in a way.

Is it good that it seems like Kane is progressing? Yes, very much so.

Still very hopeful he can regain 2017 form. These 9 matches are really great for the squad in general, but especially Kane.

You're entitled to your opinion and I definitely anticipated the reaction that I got from that single post - full of rage and hate. It was expected yet I'm going to point out what I see as unjust.

Going off topic, I'm glad Harry looked better this past weekend. I'm hoping he continues to get better and helps the team quality for next seasons CL but would also like to see him have to fight for his spot in the line-up like everyone else on the squad.
I'm Jamaican and mixed race or for americans black and this comment is utter nonsense.

I'm Jamaican and mixed race or for americans black and this comment is utter nonsense.

Respect your opinion and others' opinion here. If you don't agree with the example I gave then that's fine... but to think that the football and/or the Premier League does not have a race and/or discrimination issue is absurd. Just ask yourself this... how many managers of color are there? How many colored team captains are there? I'll give you the answer - 0/0 and 3/20 respectively. I could go on giving shocking statistics that really highlight the disparity.

Kane is a huge beneficiary of being the de facto poster boy of English football. He's a source of pride, not just for Spurs fans but for the nation/region as well. Regardless of how good or bad he plays, he will always get the support he needs from fans, management, and the league. To sit/bench him on the Spurs over another player or have someone take his place as a #9 would be a slap in the face to English football. Absolute shame. As long as he's in the Premier League, he will never have true competition for his spot on the Spurs, even if he were injured and on one leg.

Most will disagree and make disparaging remarks but just pointing something out that I think needs to be said.

LOL

Of course Kane should have started as he is light years better than Moura even if he is only at 25% healthy.

As for Moura "getting us there" he was the lucky recipient of good plays by other players rather than him actually being quality and making those chances. it is already bad enough how many chances we have wasted on him because of 1 productive, not even really good, game no need to sewer the team by playing a vastly inferior player just because he got lucky once.

Any illusion to race being an issue is about as stupid an argument made as I have seen in awhile.

Respect your opinion and others' opinion here. If you don't agree with the example I gave then that's fine... but to think that the football and/or the Premier League does not have a race and/or discrimination issue is absurd. Just ask yourself this... how many managers of color are there? How many colored team captains are there? I'll give you the answer - 0/0 and 3/20 respectively. I could go on giving shocking statistics that really highlight the disparity.

Kane is a huge beneficiary of being the de facto poster boy of English football. He's a source of pride, not just for Spurs fans but for the nation/region as well. Regardless of how good or bad he plays, he will always get the support he needs from fans, management, and the league. To sit/bench him on the Spurs over another player or have someone take his place as a #9 would be a slap in the face to English football. Absolute shame. As long as he's in the Premier League, he will never have true competition for his spot on the Spurs, even if he were injured and on one leg.

Most will disagree and make disparaging remarks but just pointing something out that I think needs to be said.

LOL

The guy just scored the 2nd most goals in 200 games for a club in PL history, is a multi time Golden Boot winner in the EPL, was the top scorer at a recent World Cup and has one of the highest goal per game in EPL history I wonder if any of that is a reason that he gets support and opportunity. The fact that he is the best effing striker of his generation and arguably the best striker in the EPL right now likely has something to do with why he is not put on the bench for no reason.

But I guess pointing to race with zero signs of it actually being a factor is more more edgy for a edgelord like yourself.

See I agree with you there but the Kane part I'm sorry race has nothing to do with him starting, and quite frankly half of the spurs fans including myself was happy with him starting he is a proven golden scorer I know Lucas was in form but the way Liverpool parked the bus after the penalty in my opinion Lucas wouldnt have made much difference .

Oh, come on. If there was favouritism involved, it came from the fact that Poch and Kane were friends, and that Kane was clearly one of Poch's favourite players (if not his outright favourite). Reminder: in Poch's first season, the emergence of Kane pretty much saved the former's job at Spurs. He has said as much himself.

Why? Why must you look for racism in every interaction? Instead of "never attribute to malice...", there should be a rule of "never attribute to racism...". In this case, there are a dozen highly plausible explanations for the CL final. And all of them are more believable than yours.

Kane wasn't even the majority of the reason we lost that match anyway tbh. Everyone was fucking awful. It was like watching 11 men all suffer 90-minute panic attacks simultaneously. Lucas wasn't great when he came on either. And he's since then proved pretty conclusively why Kane has always been above him in the pecking order for striker. I'm not even willing to say that Poch made the wrong decision by playing Kane based on the information available to him at the time.

ETA: Another thing almost nobody seems to bring up is that Kane and Lucas weren't/aren't even in direct competition. If Lucas had started, he would've taken someone else's spot, not Kane's, as evidenced by the fact that he didn't replace Kane when he came on. Lucas was never in serious contention for the starting solo 9 berth. He's a scratch option in that position. People paint the CL final as this dichotomy between Kane and Lucas but that's not accurate on its face.

Last edited:
🤡 Merson on Kane: "I don't see him getting 25-30 goals a season the way Jose will want to play"

⚽️ Kane has scored 8 goals in 12 games under Jose

📅 Spurs average 55 games per season (past 3 seasons)

🤫 Kane is expected to score 37 goals per season under Mourinho

:nawty:

Back
Top Bottom