Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane started the final and I back the decision (Deyonte Wilder voice) TO THIS DAY because he is world class. His reputation and prescience is huge for us.

That people are still fussing over the decision to start him sums up everything I hate about football analysis.
Kane had nothing to do with us conceding that penalty that gave Liverpool a leg up and they were able to get into a shape with their elite FBs, CB, DM and GK and use their elite inside forwards for quick counters when needed.

Roberto Firmino was similarly rushed back by Klopp and he had an even worse game than Kane did, and got hauled off before the hour mark; nobody talks about it because all analysis is results based which is stupid.

Kane started the final and I back the decision (Deyonte Wilder voice) TO THIS DAY because he is world class. His reputation and prescience is huge for us.

That people are still fussing over the decision to start him sums up everything I hate about football analysis.
Kane had nothing to do with us conceding that penalty that gave Liverpool a leg up and they were able to get into a shape with their elite FBs, CB, DM and GK and use their elite inside forwards for quick counters when needed.

Roberto Firmino was similarly rushed back by Klopp and he had an even worse game than Kane did, and got hauled off before the hour mark; nobody talks about it because all analysis is results based which is stupid.

It's all a big red-herring anyway....

Twisted Son fan-boy troll spouting shit about racial conspiracy though fear of their boy being put in the shade.

Like our resident Dipper, the cunt should be in the bin by now, but because it falls outside of the inter-forum quasi-political turf-war it slides.

I didn't know it was kicking off in here, I wish I had gotten a notification or something. I've had a good old chuckle at a few of these posts I must say.

Respect your opinion and others' opinion here. If you don't agree with the example I gave then that's fine... but to think that the football and/or the Premier League does not have a race and/or discrimination issue is absurd. Just ask yourself this... how many managers of color are there? How many colored team captains are there? I'll give you the answer - 0/0 and 3/20 respectively. I could go on giving shocking statistics that really highlight the disparity.

Kane is a huge beneficiary of being the de facto poster boy of English football. He's a source of pride, not just for Spurs fans but for the nation/region as well. Regardless of how good or bad he plays, he will always get the support he needs from fans, management, and the league. To sit/bench him on the Spurs over another player or have someone take his place as a #9 would be a slap in the face to English football. Absolute shame. As long as he's in the Premier League, he will never have true competition for his spot on the Spurs, even if he were injured and on one leg.

Most will disagree and make disparaging remarks but just pointing something out that I think needs to be said.
Coloured is an outdated term.
You're entitled to your opinion and I definitely anticipated the reaction that I got from that single post - full of rage and hate. It was expected yet I'm going to point out what I see as unjust.

Answer me this, should Kane have played in last year's CL final? Putting clearly unfit Kane for a full 90 in at the expense of someone like Lucas who was fit and got the team there in the first place was absolutely shocking. I can't think of another explanation for that decision other than the explanation I gave in the post that got so much hate. Yes, I believe race/ethnicity/nationality does play a role here - you can agree or disagree.

Going off topic, I'm glad Harry looked better this past weekend. I'm hoping he continues to get better and helps the team quality for next seasons CL but would also like to see him have to fight for his spot in the line-up like everyone else on the squad.
So Poch was a racist? How come he persisted with Aurier? :levylol:

Respect your opinion and others' opinion here. If you don't agree with the example I gave then that's fine... but to think that the football and/or the Premier League does not have a race and/or discrimination issue is absurd. Just ask yourself this... how many managers of color are there? How many colored team captains are there? I'll give you the answer - 0/0 and 3/20 respectively. I could go on giving shocking statistics that really highlight the disparity.

Kane is a huge beneficiary of being the de facto poster boy of English football. He's a source of pride, not just for Spurs fans but for the nation/region as well. Regardless of how good or bad he plays, he will always get the support he needs from fans, management, and the league. To sit/bench him on the Spurs over another player or have someone take his place as a #9 would be a slap in the face to English football. Absolute shame. As long as he's in the Premier League, he will never have true competition for his spot on the Spurs, even if he were injured and on one leg.

Most will disagree and make disparaging remarks but just pointing something out that I think needs to be said.
Ah, the old Motte and Bailey tactic for arguing. I see you have descending into using that now.

Edit: To save you a google search:

Motte and bailey (MAB) is a combination of bait-and-switch and equivocation in which someone switches between a "motte" (an easy-to-defend and often common-sense statement, such as "culture shapes our experiences") and a "bailey" (a hard-to-defend and more controversial statement, such as "cultural knowledge is just as valid as scientific knowledge") in order to defend a viewpoint. Someone will argue the easy-to-defend position (motte) temporarily, to ward off critics, while the less-defensible position (bailey) remains the desired belief, yet is never actually defended.

instead of defending a weak position (the "bailey"), the arguer retreats to a strong position (the "motte"), while acting as though the positions are equivalent. When the motte has been accepted (or found impenetrable) by an opponent, the arguer continues to believe (and perhaps promote) the bailey.

Also, your use of the word "colored" is highly ignorant and offensive. Just go.

I see tedious Grauniad blowhard Barry Glendenning has got back on one of his favouritie hobby horses...

How much longer will Harry Kane tolerate a career without trophies?
But realistically he's got to be taking a peek right about now considering all circumstances ie other teams reloading (those above and below), Spurs searching for freebies and loans, new mgr-dour football-covid interrupted training, etc. It does look like we will be in the wilderness for a few years at this point. And those few years will probably contain another managerial switch (using history as a guide) and his playing prime.

And though I say that as someone that feels the club should be looking at possibilities as well I feel the player would be within his rights to be doing the same. He does have to look at which clubs could use (and pay for) his services and when those services would be required. Say ManU bought Haaland this next TW then they would no longer be in the running for a player of Harry's profile and vice versa.

Of course Harry will be considering his position, but this idea that he is as likely to win silverware with Leyton Orient as with us, is just an insult.

Harry’s priority must be getting fully sharp and avoiding injury. If he does that then the goals will flow as they always do and the chances of Tottenham winning trophies and his own prospects of a mega move will increase. Nobody is going to pay the fee we would demand after 3 injury ravaged seasons, so forget about that for now.

Last edited:

No one not me most certainly disbelieve that institutionalised racism exists. I am 100% behind BLM. However your choice of a man two goals shy of the highest ever total of EPL goals in 200 games is absurd. It kills your argument stone dead, as literally the only other player he should not be favoured over is Aguero. Put it this way your argument that he is the poster boy for English football is classic cart before the horse. He wasn't given this status by chance. His singular talent earned this. He is actually pretty reviled and I think over criticised. He is far from universally loved. Kane could not win a raffle on Merseyside and lots of the Journalists are against him. There are message boards full of stuff about how he should not be England captain that for example Henderson is the defacto captain. This was even put around during the Covid pandemic EPL response.If you support Spurs I can't understand why you would use him as an example of any kind of racial bias. I think it does the general topic no favours, and just induces unhelpful eye rolls.

Back
Top Bottom