Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fact is, this is a pointless game! For the better of the player, Kane should absolutely have been rested for this game!

You can argue this is no different than weekend games and then midweek games but those were meaningful games for our club’s achievements. This is a friendly!

There’s also the matter of accumulation of games played and the wear and tear as well as the fatigue of muscles builds up as the season goes on! There always comes a point in time when it breaks and the injury happens.

No question Harry should have been rested with his injuries over the years!!!

I can guarantee Jose will have a few choice words to say.

Fact is, this is a pointless game! For the better of the player, Kane should absolutely have been rested for this game!

You can argue this is no different than weekend games and then midweek games but those were meaningful games for our club’s achievements. This is a friendly!

There’s also the matter of accumulation of games played and the wear and tear as well as the fatigue of muscles builds up as the season goes on! There always comes a point in time when it breaks and the injury happens.

No question Harry should have been rested with his injuries over the years!!!

I can guarantee Jose will have a few choice words to say.

But it's not a friendly...

Kane hasn't started a friendly for England since the 6th February 2018.

You're telling me we needed Kane against Maccabi Haifa??

3 days before going to Old Trafford??

Bollocks.

Kane plays because he's the best striker in the world - he'll be rested in the Europa League and get his rest.

But it's not a friendly...

Kane hasn't started a friendly for England since the 6th February 2018.

You're telling me we needed Kane against Maccabi Haifa??

3 days before going to Old Trafford??

Bollocks.

Kane plays because he's the best striker in the world - he'll be rested in the Europa League and get his rest.

The game today is basically a friendly. You can argue, Gary doesn’t want to embarrass himself finishing 3rd.

Doesn’t matter whether it was Maccabi Haifa or another team, we want our best chance for a result to progress forward our club’s competitions.

The game today is basically a friendly. You can argue, Gary doesn’t want to embarrass himself finishing 3rd.

Doesn’t matter whether it was Maccabi Haifa or another team, we want our best chance for a result to progress forward our club’s competitions.

Well it does matter.

Mourinho cannot moan that Kane is being picked for his country and "needs a rest" if he's then willing to go and play him in Europa League games against second rate opposition when we have our best squad in decades, capable of beating these teams.

Kane playing 3 games this week is no different to when he played 3 games in a week for us. In fact, it's even less because the games he tends to play in at international level are much slower. FFS, this Iceland game is a glorified training match, which will do nothing but keep his match fitness up. Kane playing just 1 game in 14 days is not good.

Since the international break he's got MORE rest than he usually would.

Well it does matter.

Mourinho cannot moan that Kane is being picked for his country and "needs a rest" if he's then willing to go and play him in Europa League games against second rate opposition when we have our best squad in decades, capable of beating these teams.

How does it matter?

And yes, Jose can have a moan because he is trying to get us as a club to achieve things and every result matters! Whether it’s to stay in the competition, to build cohesion, to put out the team that gives us the best chance for a result!

How does it matter?

And yes, Jose can have a moan because he is trying to get us as a club to achieve things and every result matters! Whether it’s to stay in the competition, to build cohesion, to put out the team that gives us the best chance for a result!

Why doesn't it matter?

We have a squad yet you're literally telling me we need to play Kane in every game. And you're moaning when England want to play the best striker in the world in 2 of the 3 games possible.

If he didn't play today, he'd have played 1 game in 14 days. Arguably, as proven in the past, that's usually a pretty bad idea when it comes to Kane.

He'll get his rest in the week when Vinicius takes charge against Haifa and then again the following week against LASK and when we've qualified (if we haven't next week), again another rest against Antwerp. So Kane can get 7 and 6 day rests between our important fixtures.

Then I am sure everyone will be happy.

Why doesn't it matter?

We have a squad yet you're literally telling me we need to play Kane in every game. And you're moaning when England want to play the best striker in the world in 2 of the 3 games possible.

If he didn't play today, he'd have played 1 game in 14 days. Arguably, as proven in the past, that's usually a pretty bad idea when it comes to Kane.

He'll get his rest in the week when Vinicius takes charge against Haifa and then again the following week against LASK and when we've qualified (if we haven't next week), again another rest against Antwerp. So Kane can get 7 and 6 day rests between our important fixtures.

Then I am sure everyone will be happy.

We will need Kane in every game until Jose feels good enough to field Vini in place of Kane! We have a squad but some are still needing to adapt and settle in.

You are neglecting the fact that this game england is playing today doesn’t matter. 2 out of 3 is fine if the 2 results matter. We are at a point where the results of this game doesn’t gain the team anything other than stats and saving Gary’s embarrassments.

We will need Kane in every game until Jose feels good enough to field Vini in place of Kane! We have a squad but some are still needing to adapt and settle in.

You are neglecting the fact that this game england is playing today doesn’t matter. 2 out of 3 is fine if the 2 results matter. We are at a point where the results of this game doesn’t gain the team anything other than stats and saving Gary’s embarrassments.

I am not neglecting anything.

England tend to play their absolute best line-up in competitive games. Which is why Kane NEVER starts friendlies for England. Hasn't done for coming up to 3 years now.

He's the best striker in the world - England are always going to start him in games like today. Regardless of whether it means anything or not. Kane wants to be Englands top goalscorer, wants to play for England, loves to captain his country and I see no problems with that.

FFS, he didn't even play 90 minutes, so who cares.

He's never got injured playing for England and he's just as likely to get injured playing against farmers in the Europa League than he is against another countries best eleven.

Kane will play more minutes in 2 games over the next week for Spurs than he did in 3 games playing for England over the last week.

I am not neglecting anything.

England tend to play their absolute best line-up in competitive games. Which is why Kane NEVER starts friendlies for England. Hasn't done for coming up to 3 years now.

He's the best striker in the world - England are always going to start him in games like today. Regardless of whether it means anything or not. Kane wants to be Englands top goalscorer, wants to play for England, loves to captain his country and I see no problems with that.

FFS, he didn't even play 90 minutes, so who cares.

He's never got injured playing for England and he's just as likely to get injured playing against farmers in the Europa League than he is against another countries best eleven.

Kane will play more minutes in 2 games over the next week for Spurs than he did in 3 games playing for England over the last week.

Who cares? I care. If he gets injured, in the next couple matches, it matters that he played in an unnecessary game today for 76 minutes. If we have to try to protect him and rest him resulting in a negative result, it matters. When he’s playing for us, whether it’s against farmers or proper teams, it’s what we’re trying to achieve as a club that matters. If it’s end of season and results don’t matter and don’t change a thing, then it matters less!

Who cares? I care. If he gets injured, in the next couple matches, it matters that he played in an unnecessary game today for 76 minutes. If we have to try to protect him and rest him resulting in a negative result, it matters. When he’s playing for us, whether it’s against farmers or proper teams, it’s what we’re trying to achieve as a club that matters. If it’s end of season and results don’t matter and don’t change a thing, then it matters less!

No. If he gets injured in the couple of games, then unfortunately shits happened again. Like it does EVERY single season since Harry Kane broke onto the scene.

That's got nothing to do with England. If England didn't play this week, we'd have had a game at the weekend, a Europa League game tomorrow and another game at the weekend, in which Kane probably would have played in all of them, further risking injury.

He got more rest in the last 7 days than he's had since the summer break.

Be grateful.

I care about England, you clearly don't. You say it is meaningless but Gareth won't see these players for 6 months.

Who cares? I care.
Noted. Kane isn’t an automaton, wheeled out for your delectation. I doubt he’d agree with timid Spurs’ fans who want to limit his appearances to the top 6 and England semi-finals.

He has a career and he wants to feature in it. As Totts points out he needs games to be at his best, and unfortunately the risk of injury goes hand in hand with that.

A film added to Amazon Prime video today confirms Vinnie Jones is not a Spurs fan...

81nIQFJclJL._RI_.jpg

Harry "Kill" Kane with Vinnie starring Harry, sounds legit

Back
Top Bottom