Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmmm..... I am not getting into the Kane argument. Said my bits.

On this it's am interesting one and I am going to comment on it.

Just need to consider how long the debate will go on for but it is a good list for comparison.

Before I do respond can you say which strikers in the last 20 years who in terms of strikers you would say is world class?
I have answered all this. Here’s a post from February 12th

Personally I think those a slight cut above Kane are Kluivert, Van Nistleroy, Raul, Larsson, Del Piero, Henry, Klinsmann, Drogba and if you can call Bergkamp a striker add him too

Also got the likes of Etoo, Zlatan, David Villa etc etc

None of Higuain, Lukaku, Benzema or Suarez make my world class lists. I’d agree Kane competes with them

Difficult because in my opinion Benzema for example is probably at World class level. There is just something about him and he often arrives when it matters.

He would never outscore Kane but he would do things in a Big game I have not seen from Kane as yet.

Suarez I have to disagree. For me he had 3/4 years where he would have walked into every top team and held his own.

I think the others okay. I think Kane is better than Lukaku but the Belgian never goes missing but that's not enough to be world class, very good striker that he is.

Higuain I think Kane could have fine what he did in the same teams and again just below that top tier.

But key is a player's ability to cope with the demand of the club and that's why yes to Suarez but no to Lukaku amongst the snall matter of quality.

There is a part of me that dies believe if Kane went to City he would improve more than he would flounder. That notch of improvement would make any discussion about his status somewhat invalid, especially if he made them forget Aguero.

But Brazilian Ronaldo for me. Just unplayable on his day in terms of strikers.

Difficult because in my opinion Benzema for example is probably at World class level. There is just something about him and he often arrives when it matters.

He would never outscore Kane but he would do things in a Big game I have not seen from Kane as yet.

Suarez I have to disagree. For me he had 3/4 years where he would have walked into every top team and held his own.

I think the others okay. I think Kane is better than Lukaku but the Belgian never goes missing but that's not enough to be world class, very good striker that he is.

Higuain I think Kane could have fine what he did in the same teams and again just below that top tier.

But key is a player's ability to cope with the demand of the club and that's why yes to Suarez but no to Lukaku amongst the snall matter of quality.

There is a part of me that dies believe if Kane went to City he would improve more than he would flounder. That notch of improvement would make any discussion about his status somewhat invalid, especially if he made them forget Aguero.

I think Kane would score goals at City too, my point has never been about his goal tally.

Kane will be world class when he produces his best for more than a third of a season, year in year out and turns up in big games
(Not TFCs idea of big games as in clashes with Woolwich, which when all is said and done is just another 3pts)

The point I made earlier though was that Salah and Vardy could also go to City and do well. They aren’t world class either.

It’s not about who you play for

I think Kane would score goals at City too, my point has never been about his goal tally.

Kane will be world class when he produces his best for more than a third of a season, year in year out and turns up in big games
(Not TFCs idea of big games as in clashes with Woolwich, which when all is said and done is just another 3pts)

The point I made earlier though was that Salah and Vardy could also go to City and do well. They aren’t world class either.

It’s not about who you play for

I get your point but to an extent it has to come into it surely.

On Salah I think we may disagree on but no issue although yes to the broader point.

Players progress so a player like Bale had potential, got to a level and then arguably at the point he left us was on the cusp of world class and then for 3/4 years removed all doubt in my opinion.

Where I think we would agree is that had he stayed with us he would have just got better and better and in his time, like Gascoigne to an extent taken us to silverware. He was simply that good.

So my point on Vardy and Salah is that I think Salah has that mark of quality whereas I think Vardy just is a very good striker and yes, not in the same way as Kane and possibly less claim to being world class but for sure would score goals for City because he has the strength of mind needed to do so.

I really don't want to regurgitate the Kane debate but we have had good enough teams in the last 5 years (in my opinion) for him to have stamped world class all over it in a way that a few of those in your top tier would have done.

That is the only point on this I am trying to make because for me there is no doubt he is a super super striker who I hope we show the intention to support and not suffocate.

The striker question is cracking.

Fucking hell. State of this thread. The resident Chelsea nonce and the resident professional troll discussing why everyone and his grandmother is better than Kane. Just fuck off the pair of you. Most in here think you're cunts and neither of you have any worthwhile opinions.

Fucking hell. State of this thread. The resident Chelsea nonce and the resident professional troll discussing why everyone and his grandmother is better than Kane. Just fuck off the pair of you. Most in here think you're cunts and neither of you have any worthwhile opinions.
Good job you and everyone else can’t see my posts then

we have had good enough teams in the last 5 years (in my opinion) for him to have stamped world class all over it in a way that a few of those in your top tier would have done.
That’s it in a nutshell for me.
Swap out Kane for Bale in his last two seasons with us and there’s no way we don’t win something between 2016-19

H's pedigree is ratified by the standard of performances he churns out on a regular basis in arguably the most competitive league in the world. His fall and rise from an awkward clumsy forward has been nothing short of sensational and right out of the 'Roy of the Rovers' manual.

He shines like a bright light in defence, midfield, and attack while other team members around him struggle and go through the motions as if they are out for an afternoon stroll. Its not just about ability, it can't be...something inside him must be driving some sort of insatiable desire to always improve and be the best at what he does.

Just when you think you've seen it all he pulls off an 'out of this world' pass without even looking up or clears one off the line or makes an audacious attempt from the halfway line?

World class is a term bandied about by many and applicable to few but I think its suffice to say there isn't a club in any notable league in the world who wouldn't have him in their starting 11.

The better the player the more likely the amount of vitriol they will receive from rival fans, it is often quite a useful barometer in gauging the envy of the enemy in such matters.

Most of the pundits seem to be citing his lack of ambition for staying with an underperforming team where he is unlikely to win any honours and for the first time I'm beginning to believe there just might be something in this. So, how good is he? At the moment, far too good for us.

Kane is elite no doubt. He has the ability to dominate and score in bunches against 80-90% of defenders out there. The problem is he can be relatively easily marked out of games when he goes up against top defenses.

Unlike some of the top drawer strikers that we've seen in the past, he doesn't have the elite athleticism and physical tools (either pace, mobility, strength, leaping etc) to get him above that line. To get to that level, a player needs both the quality/skills/IQ and the athleticism/physical tools. We know he has the former, but the latter is still debatable.

Quality/skills/IQ + athleticism/physical tools = hands down elite player/athlete. This is the case in ANY sport including football.

Kane is elite no doubt. He has the ability to dominate and score in bunches against 80-90% of defenders out there. The problem is he can be relatively easily marked out of games when he goes up against top defenses.

Unlike some of the top drawer strikers that we've seen in the past, he doesn't have the elite athleticism and physical tools (either pace, mobility, strength, leaping etc) to get him above that line. To get to that level, a player needs both the quality/skills/IQ and the athleticism/physical tools. We know he has the former, but the latter is still debatable.

Quality/skills/IQ + athleticism/physical tools = hands down elite player/athlete. This is the case in ANY sport including football.
Was thinking similar watching Mbappe play night. Kane level finishing + superior athleticism.

As a pure number 9, you can argue Kane's not at the very very highest level that you are talking about. But then he has other qualities that most number 9s, including Mbappe, don't have.

The Fighting Cock in a nutshell:

25%: Sammy slagging Kane off on Kane thread
20%: Son haters slagging Son off on Son thread
25%: Igula & co. slagging Jose off on all threads
30%: Jose's extended family coming to his defence
Don't put Son in the same category as Kane and Jose. One has been an elite striker for years and another is one of the winningest managers in our generation.

The Fighting Cock in a nutshell:

20%: Son haters slagging Son off on Son thread
Don't put Son in the same category as Kane and Jose. One has been an elite striker for years and another is one of the winningest managers in our generation.

Apologies, let me correct that*

19%: Son haters slagging Son off on Son thread
1%: Son haters slagging Son off on Kane thread

Why are you entertaining this complete cunt of a troll Sammy? Kane is amazing and our best player for the last 4 or 5 seasons. Great chap, amazing goal scorer and assister and all round awesome.
Fuck Sammy and his trolling cuntface

Back
Top Bottom