Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep Kane destroys his legacy here with a move to Chelsea - I would imagine he does care somewhat about preserving that.

Surely he must also just hate them as a club anyway having been at Spurs so long, played in the "Battle of the Bridge" etc.

Lastly, yes they won a CL but I can't see them outdoing City over the course of a season in the league so no Prem title if he goes there.

City or bust for him I think.
I don't think he'd go to Chelsea because of his reputation and legacy here.

But it would arguably do more for his legacy than going to City, if he did go to Chelsea, scored 30 for fun and assisted 15, and beat pep to the league title.

Winning things with City don't really mean shit.

Does anyone think Kyle Walker is some sort of elite champion because he's won some stuff at city? I don't. He's good. But hardly noteworthy.

But it would arguably do more for his legacy than going to City, if he did go to Chelsea, scored 30 for fun and assisted 15, and beat pep to the league title.

Does anyone think Kyle Walker is some sort of elite champion because he's won some stuff at city? I don't. He's good. But hardly noteworthy.
Would be good fun playing centre forward for city tho to be fair.
We rarely went in the final third all of last season, and he still flourished. City camp there and create bags of chances, cut backs etc

would be a feast for Kane

agree that winning things there means less

Thats the case with any of the big teams all round Europe they’ve bought their success bought the best players pay the biggest wages Chelsea are as bad as City they could win the league alternatively and throw in a champions every so often it counts for fuck all.

Last time I saw Kevin De Bryne he was crying his eyes out after playing like crap in the Champs League final. City improved after he went off, yet somehow he gets PFA Player of the Year (twice). He was even injured during last season.

How England captain, Golden Boot & Golden Assist winner Harry Kane didn't get that award in a year where Spurs were well below par is a joke, and a pretty bad one!! PFA are corrupt and rotten to the core!

Harry Kane not getting PFA after winning Golden Boot and Golden Assist shows those two accolades mean nothing to the PFA, the Premier League (who gave it to Ruben (who?) Dias) and the Professional Writers.

It proves my view that Spurs are the most cheated team in the history of football that all the authorities and the media are against this talisman, England captain and icon just because he wears a Tottenham shirt.

Do you think in Spain they would award an English defender above their own top goalscoring striker if he was Spanish?? So why do the English not support their own countrymen???

It's because he's now being judged against his own bar, rather than this season on it's own (to get those goals/assists in a team finishing 7th and injured for a spell is astounding, frankly).

It's because he's now being judged against his own bar, rather than this season on it's own (to get those goals/assists in a team finishing 7th and injured for a spell is astounding, frankly).
Well if you judge De Bruyne against his own bar, this was probably his least impactful season with City bar that one he was hurt for most of it.

Kane was the player of the season. City is the best team with the best squad of players, but the best season by an individual was Kane.

Can’t say he was robbed. Team success matters. Kane didn’t really make his teammates better this year.

Let’s not ignore how many times Kane had a counter and held onto the ball too long. Or tried to do too much. I can’t blame him but it hurts his teammates confidence when they see he doesn’t trust them.

He doesn't trust them because the vast majority of them are nowhere near his level. The other players should feel blessed to be able to play with such a wonderful player, not feel sorry for themselves because he often makes them look bang average.

Please please please someone find an article where Harry states its been a lifelong dream of his to play under Paulo Fonseca

Last edited:
The frustrating thing is with the people we have in charge there is no good outcome to this.

Most likely scenario in my view is that he stays because Levy refuses to sell him and/or we don't get a good enough offer. That means we have an unhappy Kane playing for a shitty manager which doesn't sound great at all.

If we do sell Kane we are stuck with a cheap owner and moron for a DOF so the chances that we spend the money are low and zero that we spend money well. Even if Levy gave Paratici the full fee to spend on the squad there is no reason to think he would spend it well and there is almost zero percent chance Levy gives him close to all the money to spend anyways.

As usual with Spurs lately it is a lose-lose situation with no upside.

Back
Top Bottom