Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LOL team's spent more money on Jill Grealish and Lukaku than they were willing to spend on Kane. You can kick and scream all you want alongside the other fanboys telling the world he's world class and the best striker in the world, but unfortunately, 75 million + add ons is just what Kane is worth to teams.

We all know Mbappe and Haaland, are the main prizes/targets for the big clubs and owners would be willing to sell their wives and children to sign them. In professional team sports, if there's a highly desirable player for sale, there will be offers at or above market value as we saw with Grealish and Lukaku.
I might be wrong , because maybe there is a Martian somewhere who is unaware of your opinion on Kane, but other than that I think everyone knows your view.
So unless the Fighting Cock is available on the Red Planet and you are trying to convert the solitary Martian who is unaware of your Kane obsession, could you take a week off.

Only at Spurs...
No others clubs supporters would demand their club sell one of the best strikers in the world to "progress" then to top it off try and act like they are big brains in the room. LMAO

Confused John Dyer Baizley GIF by Baroness
There is a small minority like that in almost every fan base though from what I have seen.

And this was substantiated by Pep who said that Tottenham didn’t want to talk

So we have speculation about Shitty making an offer of £75 million plus add ons and even more speculation about Levy wanting £150million

All Levy has maintained is that Kane isn’t for sale and any ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ isn’t worth the paper that it isn’t written on!!
Indeed.

But speculation is fact for some on here...

For Kane to be at his best he needs to get the ball in and around the oppositions box and we need to create the half yard he needs to slot home by having players in support dragging defenders away.

When did we get the ball into him anywhere near the Palace goal at the weekend?

When we dominate crap sides like Pacos and play the game in the opposition half he gets the ball and scores goals, when we play City in the league cup final and the entire game is played in our half surprise surprise Kane goes "missing"

It's not rocket science, its fucking obvious.

He's been feeding on scraps for well over a season now with the bullshit counter attack style employed by Maureen, and now it seems Nuno wants to play in a similar style.

Yet he still netted 23 PL goals and 33 in all comps last season despite being in a system that doesn't suit his attributes at all, and despite some of you claiming his head not being here.

There is no striker in the world that would want to come to Spurs that would get even close to replacing those goals.

We needed to replace Eriksen in this window but once again the board shit the bed in the transfer window. It's been what 3 years since he left and we still don't have a creative player fit to lace his boots.

I can't be dealing with any more clueless opinions on Kane in here, you haven't got a fucking scooby what you are talking about.

how can you say it doesn’t suit his attributes when he had one of the best if not the best goals+assists season playing that way?

how can you say it doesn’t suit his attributes when he had one of the best if not the best goals+assists season playing that way?
I can say it doesn’t suit him. He had far less shots than usual and I don’t see those numbers rolling over into this season assuming the dour, negative style continues. I don’t think he was that good last season compared to previous seasons personally…. Some wonderful passes, some great goals but often peripheral and didn’t look anywhere near as involved and dangerous IMO according to the eye test (mine).

stats are secondary in football to eyes. Great players can have average stats and vice versa

And this was substantiated by Pep who said that Tottenham didn’t want to talk

So we have speculation about Shitty making an offer of £75 million plus add ons and even more speculation about Levy wanting £150million

All Levy has maintained is that Kane isn’t for sale and any ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ isn’t worth the paper that it isn’t written on!!
There was a gentlemen's agreement on but the cunt snake Levy backtracked once he realised we'd be a bottom 5 team without Kane this season and his ongoing failures in the transfer market

Kane will leve next summer - question is - who is ENIC working on brining in replace him? Those contingency plans should have started already

because imo if he played in a team that play the game in the oppositions half he would score another 10+ easily. If he had gotten his move to City he would be scoring close to 40 PL goals this season

Fantastic news:
Alasdair says: " As for Kane, I understand from those around him that he's going nowhere in January and is looking to the whole season with Spurs."

Alasdair Gold claimed last week that he would be ‘stunned’ if Tottenham Hotspur and Harry Kane’s representatives do not start talking about a new contract soon.

Fantastic news:
Alasdair says: " As for Kane, I understand from those around him that he's going nowhere in January and is looking to the whole season with Spurs."

Alasdair Gold claimed last week that he would be ‘stunned’ if Tottenham Hotspur and Harry Kane’s representatives do not start talking about a new contract soon.

The ony part of any contract that interests me is that there is a staggered summer release clause (w/ no January option) put in place to avoid a repeat of this summers tiresome soap-opera and any further talk of 'gentleman's agreements'.

Last edited:
I can say it doesn’t suit him. He had far less shots than usual and I don’t see those numbers rolling over into this season assuming the dour, negative style continues. I don’t think he was that good last season compared to previous seasons personally…. Some wonderful passes, some great goals but often peripheral and didn’t look anywhere near as involved and dangerous IMO according to the eye test (mine).

stats are secondary in football to eyes. Great players can have average stats and vice versa
One stat I remember is that he had the most shots in the prem last season!

If this is how we're going to play for the rest of the season and beyond, we should have sold him. He won't score half of what he did with this level of creativity and we could have rebuilt the squad.
We have creative players, unfortunately also have a dickwad of a manager. I’m hopeful he listens to Levy this week (who mus have one eye on tickets available)

But as a striker, stats aren’t secondary to the eyes. Especially when it comes to goals and assists. If the way we play didn’t suit his attributes, he wouldn’t get those stats.

LOL team's spent more money on Jill Grealish and Lukaku than they were willing to spend on Kane. You can kick and scream all you want alongside the other fanboys telling the world he's world class and the best striker in the world, but unfortunately, 75 million + add ons is just what Kane is worth to teams.

We all know Mbappe and Haaland, are the main prizes/targets for the big clubs and owners would be willing to sell their wives and children to sign them. In professional team sports, if there's a highly desirable player for sale, there will be offers at or above market value as we saw with Grealish and Lukaku.

Love how the biggest fanboy on this site of a player constantly calls others fanboys if they don't share his opinion.

Back
Top Bottom