Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand you’ve been having the battle of your life defending Kane’s honor and purity for over a month in this thread. I try not to engage because Kane is a class act irrespective of his transfer debacle. But I write because what you said there is very presumptuous and black and white generalization that would do more harm than good regardless of your intentions. Surely, as a “Spurs fan,” you do not want to divide the supporters, or frame or push away certain groups of people, including those who have recently started finding interests in and a fondness for our club for whatever reasons. If more and more people around the world support and regard Spurs, say, because of the likes of Son or Moura, I see it as a good sign for a club of this size and calibre (and sorry to break the news, but they may come with different perspectives). As far as a constructive criticism goes, it does not matter whether you currently own the club, your grandfather’s grave got dug up to build the new training ground, or your name is Harry Kane or Winks. People are entitled to their own opinions, and it’s not really a shocker to see criticisms towards either Harrys when we just played so poorly against Palace (while the whole transfer saga is still fresh in everyone’s mind). You might think my comment here is biased with ill-will motives, but I still respect your opinion and cause.
Are you sure that you’re on the right Forum?

You're spot on but the fact is, we don't have the Eriksen type of player anymore. So ultimately, we need to find a style of play that works best for the team and a style that will help us improve from being a 6/7th place squad.

I've suggested playing Kane as a permanent #10 to give our midfield a boost and playing Berg / Lucas on the wings with Son up top. Playing Berg / Son / Lucas worked well against City and during the pre season so I'm not sure why we just decided to scrap it just to make room for Kane. It's changed the dynamics of the team like it did in the CL Final.
Even brains trust Harry has realised Hoijberge Skipp Winks will kill him. One of the motivations for the City move was KDB. The incarnate upgraded Eriksen . It depends how Nuno sees it but I'm shocked we have not looked to provide Kane with a playmaker. Because he can't do the hustling press turn over to create chance as we once did.

Last edited:
We lost 3 creative players and failed to replace them (Eriksen, prime Dele, and Dembele). We also lost the best right back in the league, and two of the best center backs, and failed to replace them. We also lost two of the league's best destroyers (Sandro and Wanyama) and failed to replace them - no, Skipp is not there yet, and Hoj isn't as good. Losing Kane this summer would have all but concluded ENICs horrendous squad management and scouting since we lost Mitchell.

I'm shocked we finished in the top half of the table last season.

I'm getting fed up of him sitting on top of the centre backs and full backs. We need him up top holding up the ball giving us a chance to get up the pitch more often.

Absolutely nobody was criticising this part of his play when he was winning man of the match award's every other week and setting up goal after goal for Son. Although I do feel he drops too deep at times, his overall game when he's at his best is wasted if he just lingers as far forward as possible. It's the players around him and the lack of any creativity whatsoever in our side that is currently making Kane look the way he is to a large extent, and a lot less to do with any lack of effort from him.

Put good players around him, create chances for him, and he'll score goal after goal, even if he drops deep to get on the ball at times. His record proves that. If he holds the ball up as you're requesting then it won't matter so much when you have the likes of Lucas Moura and Bergwijn around him. They are hardly prolific or clinical.

Put good players around him, create chances for him, and he'll score goal after goal
Not happening fella. It's easier for us to rebuild without Kane than with Kane. Players like Eriksen, Walker, Dembele, prime Jan/Toby/Dele etc. don't grow on trees. We'd have to go out and spend hundreds of millions to try to attempt to replace those players for the sake of trying to get the best out of Kane.

We can use the proceeds from selling Kane to buy a creative midfielder and a half decent striker. If they aren't the typical shit Levy/ENIC signings, then we're going to be able to compete for a top 4 spot.

Last edited:
Not happening fella. It's easier for us to rebuild without Kane than with Kane. Players like Eriksen, Walker, Dembele, prime Jan/Toby/Dele etc. don't grow on trees. We'd have to go out and spend hundreds of millions to try to attempt to replace those players for the sake of trying to get the best out of Kane.

We can use the proceeds from selling Kane to buy a creative midfielder and a half decent striker. If they aren't the typical shit Levy/ENIC signings, then we're going to be able to compete for a top 4 spot.

As it currently stands, with Kane, we're just a top 5-8 level team.
Lol. You're not accounting for the effect losing Kane would have.

Kane won't fetch 150 million plus these days, so he wouldn't get us a talented young striker plus a talented young creative mid. He would maybe be able to get us the striker.

This isn't a sell Coutinho for 200 million and buy 4 players with it.

The equivalent to that in today dollars would be Kane going for 300. And that's never ever happening.

In a way Harry's stock contributed to his protracted remaining. In typical Brexit fashion the billions promised never materialised and the transition developed into a fiasco.

Tuchel recently admitted the Chavs were in for H but told (by Charlie or mentioned in the best man's speech?) he would only consider Saudi fuel for his limo driven departure.

Levy's intransigence, Lukaku's £50m saving and Grealish's release clause offer you can't refuse all added up to a scenario of Harry left thinking "Fuck you Jack you're all right."

In a way Harry's stock contributed to his protracted remaining. In typical Brexit fashion the billions promised never materialised and the transition developed into a fiasco.

Tuchel recently admitted the Chavs were in for H but told (by Charlie or mentioned in the best man's speech?) he would only consider Saudi fuel for his limo driven departure.

Levy's intransigence, Lukaku's £50m saving and Grealish's release clause offer you can't refuse all added up to a scenario of Harry left thinking "Fuck you Jack you're all right."
That's a witty, well-written post.
Did you copy and paste it? :rolleyes:

And Tuchel has revealed Chelsea held talks with Kane’s representatives, but a deal to sign the England captain was “never close”.

“We never had a list with his name on it and I never went to Marina [Granovskaia] to tell her to buy him,” the former Paris Saint-Germain boss said.

“There are many people around players, their agents and advisors and people in between and we had some information from these people but it was never that close that we had to experience the rivalry.

“We know about the rivalry but I had a feeling that it was never that far."

And Tuchel has revealed Chelsea held talks with Kane’s representatives, but a deal to sign the England captain was “never close”.

“We never had a list with his name on it and I never went to Marina [Granovskaia] to tell her to buy him,” the former Paris Saint-Germain boss said.

“There are many people around players, their agents and advisors and people in between and we had some information from these people but it was never that close that we had to experience the rivalry.

“We know about the rivalry but I had a feeling that it was never that far."

We do not sell to them if you sign for Spurs get comfortable with this fact.

Back
Top Bottom