Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get your point that Son has been poor too. But he didn't try to force a move away in the summer. Nor did he ruin his reputation with the club's fans.

In fact, he stuck by the club at the lowest point we've been at for quite some time. He's done nothing to lose our respect or trust - he has been a stellar ambassador for the club from the minute he joined.

Kane on the other hand always faced an uphill battle to repair his reputation at the club after the shit he pulled in the summer and he's done absolutely nothing to change it. He's just his usual, arrogant, matter-of-fact self. In order to get away with that you need to be fucking good at football, he's been shit this season.

Don't forget, Son looked decent early games, no? Maybe he's more than a little unhappy with Harry, and continued tactics to look to him, when he's been an arse inside as well?

Quite a likely scenario IMO.

WTF would Son look for Kane at this moment? But if Conte is telling him/them to, no doubt it's putting them all off, having a concuss like partner loosing the ball, move after move.

His performance in the first 30mins of that game was disgraceful for a guy of his stature. Watched back the first half and he was so, so bad. If it can't be Vlahovic, we need some other competition for him in January. Conte's football will not work if the striker loses every ball played to him.

In my opinion H was spending most of tonight thinking I could have been playing PSG last night but here I am playing a bunch of potato farmers on a field somewhere in Eastern Europe.
Drop him now, make a statement
I think a few in that squad think that as well. The ECL is beneath them and they're internationals who should be in the CL.

That's the impression i get from watching a few of them loafing about.

When players value themselves at £100m and collect hundreds of thousands of pounds a week in pay they are wide fucking open to criticism when they play like shit.

Any player, regardless of how good they have been at times throughout their career is only as good as their last game. He has been absolutely fucking shambolic for his club this season. His performances for the most part have been nothing short of disgraceful.

I said it at the time, that if we could get £120m+ for him in the summer then we should accept it as we'd be able to reinvest that back into the club, which was what we desperately need. Now we're stuck with a striker with a giant ego who doesn't want to be here, who is playing like shit and whose value has probably halved in two months.

Merry fucking Christmas.
But we weren't offered +£120m, not even close to that. £75m was the only offer made.

I get all that. But at the end of the day, Son has also been nowhere near his past form. Kane also being cack this season but also wanting out shouldn't mean that Son isn't called out more by some for his poor performances and lack of goals. But as I've said before, both of them would look much better with better players around them than the sorry bunch we can muster up currently.
Son has still been better than Kane though, so gets more leniency. Kane has been absolute garbage.

Son has still been better than Kane though, so gets more leniency. Kane has been absolute garbage.
Also Son wasn't an absolute unprofessional bellend during the Summer. The more Kane talks the more he comes across as a fucking spoiled wanker of a man. Giving Sons current form though I wouldn't mind seeing both of them gone, they all have bottler mentality.

I’m at the stage where I never want to see Kane play for us again

Sorry, that’s where I’m at, I think his attitude is about as good as his ability these days.

We just cant continue like this.
Swap out the entire defence and midfield, so what, we still have a shit striker

I really wish one day we build a team like city's , where we dont have all our chances funneled towards a striker but a whole bunch of moving pieces and anyone can score. That way when our main goalscorer is finished like kane, we arent in trouble. Not selling Kane has really really hurt us.

I really wish one day we build a team like city's , where we dont have all our chances funneled towards a striker but a whole bunch of moving pieces and anyone can score. That way when our main goalscorer is finished like kane, we arent in trouble. Not selling Kane has really really hurt us.
You need elite players to play like that and that needs elite recruitment in order to attract those players. We don't have either.

But absolutely i'm totally against us being the 'Harry Kane' team or having any system that relies so heavily on 1 player.

We haven't even got another first-team striker in a system where we usually only play 1 striker. That's a sick joke.

You need elite players to play like that and that needs elite recruitment in order to attract those players. We don't have either.

But absolutely i'm totally against us being the 'Harry Kane' team or having any system that relies so heavily on 1 player.

We haven't even got another first-team striker in a system where we usually only play 1 striker. That's a sick joke.
Now we are trying to play a 3 CB system and most of our CBs stink. The jokes get sicker.

Back
Top Bottom