Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think a lot of our season rides on Kane’s shoulders TBH. He’s getting into good positions but his passing has been atrocious. He’s had so many opportunities to start an attack but either loses the ball because of a bad first touch or he holds on to it too long or his pass it short or off. He’s way off the mark IMO. If he can keep his head down and build up some confidence, then we might start to click a bit more efficiently because right now it’s Son getting the goals and Moura is chipping in as of late. There still a lack of fluidity at the top but there’s been a noticeable improvement since Conte came in

I think a lot of our season rides on Kane’s shoulders TBH. He’s getting into good positions but his passing has been atrocious. He’s had so many opportunities to start an attack but either loses the ball because of a bad first touch or he holds on to it too long or his pass it short or off. He’s way off the mark IMO. If he can keep his head down and build up some confidence, then we might start to click a bit more efficiently because right now it’s Son getting the goals and Moura is chipping in as of late. There still a lack of fluidity at the top but there’s been a noticeable improvement since Conte came in

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

His passing has been fine, it's his finishing that hasn't been up to it.

Does Kane look physically ok to you?

You do realize that a lot of athletes in every sport decline physically in their late 20s. Even sports that don't require pace like golf, baseball etc.

Tiger Woods, was pretty much finished physically by his early 30s and was never the same. He he's a golfer.
Golf is a pastime, not a sport. Take a look at john Daly

Ahhhh

But when that time comes and you decide to join the bandwagon, maybe in February when he has 3 goals and still looks absolutely trash, will that make you all the things you’ve called us?

Likewise, when he finds form and goes on a scoring run, what excuses are you going to come up with then? Or are you going to be man enough to admit you were mostly talking trash, especially when writing him off as a player and saying he's finished? Somehow I highly doubt it will be the latter. You'll just rant about xG as usual that nobody else really cares about.

He's been sloppy at times but he's also produced some of our best passes this season of late.

Likewise, when he finds form and goes on a scoring run, what excuses are you going to come up with then? Or are you going to be man enough to admit you were mostly talking trash, especially when writing him off as a player and saying he's finished? Somehow I highly doubt it will be the latter. You'll just rant about xG as usual that nobody else really cares about.
Ive not once mentioned Xg its not really my thing, although i find it mildly interesting to read about.

Back on topic, if Kane goes on a run it will all depend.

If he starts picking up goals against the bottom 15 clubs I’ll be relieved that he picked up.
Picking up from this form isn’t a reason to start screaming he’s world class again though. It’s the bare minimum he owes this club, and he will simply be returning to the level I thought he’d be at already.

If he suddenly starts to run fast, press, win possession, create for himself, dominate games score goals against the top teams and put in influential appearances against the best defenders and turn up if we get to a cup final or in a top 4 crunch match, helping us turn the corner, I’ll say I was wrong.

Good luck with the latter scenario

Ive not once mentioned Xg its not really my thing, although i find it mildly interesting to read about.

Back on topic, if Kane goes on a run it will all depend.

If he starts picking up goals against the bottom 15 clubs I’ll be relieved that he picked up.
Picking up from this form isn’t a reason to start screaming he’s world class again though. It’s the bare minimum he owes this club, and he will simply be returning to the level I thought he’d be at already.

If he suddenly starts to run fast, press, win possession, create for himself, dominate games score goals against the top teams and put in influential appearances against the best defenders and turn up if we get to a cup final or in a top 4 crunch match, helping us turn the corner, I’ll say I was wrong.

Good luck with the latter scenario

I don't see many, if anyone, saying he's world-class though. You can not be world-class but still be a very fine player. He has been world-class - His record proves that. At the moment he's clearly been a million miles away from being that player, and maybe he never will return to what he was. Just still a bit too soon to start writing him off and making him sound like Michael Ricketts.

Back
Top Bottom