Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t know mate. A lot of people think Dier had a better season than Kane. I think fans are being too harsh on Kane. He’s undoubtedly below Son and probably below Romero but not worse than Dier.
That's true. I was surprised to see Dier had second most fan votes on another forum. I was so sure Kane would come in second. Romero came in 3rd ahead of Kane. I guess a lot of fans can see the impact Dier had on our defence and looking back Dier did have a great season overall. Glad to see him getting deserved appreciation.

Last edited:
That's true. I was surprised to see Dier had second most fan votes on another forum. I was so sure Kane would come in second. Romero came in 3rd ahead of Kane. I guess a lot of fans can see the impact Dier had on our defence and looking back Dier did have a great season overall. Glad to see him getting deserved appreciation.
Kane is still our best player but it's fair to say he's had a shit season. Not only has he had a shit season he put the club through the ringer at the start of the season.

Son clearly had the best season, followed by Dier/Romero/Skipp who IMO had roughly equally important roles to play. They did their jobs better than Kane did his.

Kane is still our best player
He really isn’t

He’s still got quality but his best days are behind him. He isn’t the goal scorer that he once was and his passing comes and goes and his passing is on only when we catch teams off guard and he is given loads of space

Son (our POTY 3 of the last 4 seasons) and Romero (top top CB already) are clearly on another level and some of our other players (as have been mentioned in this forum) have really stepped up.

I think saying that he’s our 3rd best player based on this season and current talent level is fair but some others have claimed the likes of Dier had a better season which I don’t think is fair to Kane

Last edited:

MARK IRWIN

Harry Kane could be last of a dying breed after he stayed at Tottenham and all but secured them Champions League​

• 20:42, 19 May 2022
  • Updated: 21:00, 19 May 2022
IT MIGHT not have been what he wanted, but Harry Kane is still one of their own.
And in the week that football paid tribute to one-club legend Mark Noble at West Ham, it is becoming increasingly likely that Kane could become the last of that dying breed.

Because Erling Haaland’s imminent arrival at Manchester City has effectively closed Kane’s last escape route from Tottenham.

And the way things are going for him, that’s not quite the disaster it might have seemed last summer.

It was exactly a year ago today that Kane told Sky’s Gary Neville that he was ready to leave Spurs.

But that move never materialised after chairman Daniel Levy priced him out of the market with a demand for £150million.

And now that City are out of the running, only Manchester United, Chelsea and maybe Newcastle are rich enough to match Levy’s valuation.

Yet with Spurs just one point away from a Champions League return, why would Kane want to leave Antonio Conte’s upwardly mobile side for any of those three?

United are a complete basket case at the start of a massive rebuilding process — and could yet be playing in the Europa Conference League next season.

Maybe if they had appointed Mauricio Pochettino they might have stood a chance.

But now? Forget it.

Kane made it abundantly clear that he would never sign for Chelsea when they came in for him last summer... and that was before it all fell apart at Stamford Bridge for sanctioned owner Roman Abramovich.

And all the oil in Saudi Arabia isn’t going to turn Newcastle into top-four contenders during Kane’s remaining few football years.

Yet barring a dodgy lasagne against rock-bottom Norwich on Sunday, Spurs are all set to secure qualification for the competition which Kane yearns to be competing in again.

They have the best stadium in Europe, magnificent training facilities and a world-class manager in Conte.

And while they might not be about to topple City and Liverpool any time soon, they are shaping up to become a third major English power next season.

If that is going to happen they will need to strengthen their squad with the quality signings demanded by Conte.

But they also need to keep the volatile Italian on board after his threats to walk away if he doesn’t get his own way.

That is something which Levy absolutely cannot allow to happen after the disastrous decision to appoint Portuguese manager Nuno Espirito Santo last summer.

Many people attributed Kane’s slow start to the campaign to him sulking about the breakdown of his dream move to City.

But don’t forget he had just been hit for six by England’s heartbreaking penalty defeat at the European Championship final at Wembley.

So returning to work with the charisma-free Nuno was never going to inspire a player who had dared to dream.

And it was only when Conte pitched up in North London in November that Kane properly sparked into life.

Up to that point he had scored just one Premier League goal all season.

Now he has 16, as well as eight assists, ten FA Cup, League Cup and European goals and another 11 for England.

His partnership with Son Heung-Min is bordering on the telepathic, with the duo responsible for 60 per cent of all Tottenham’s goals this season.

They are the reason they are about to beat Woolwich to fourth place, because no striker at the Emirates has managed more than four Premier League goals so far.

The noise generated during last week’s North London derby was like nothing I have heard at a football stadium without a rock band playing there.

Those Spurs fans can sense that something special is stirring along the Seven Sisters Road.

And Kane might want to think twice about leaving them just when they are shaping up for some long overdue glory, glory.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18626142/harry-kane-tottenham-champions-league/#

Back
Top Bottom