Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He really isn’t

He’s still got quality but his best days are behind him. He isn’t the goal scorer that he once was and his passing comes and goes and his passing is on only when we catch teams off guard and he is given loads of space

Son (our POTY 3 of the last 4 seasons) and Romero (top top CB already) are clearly on another level and some of our other players (as have been mentioned in this forum) have really stepped up.

I think saying that he’s our 3rd best player based on this season and current talent level is fair but some others have claimed the likes of Dier had a better season which I don’t think is fair to Kane
Its really Winks, Davies, Dier, Sanchez, Emerson, Doherty ,Hojberg and then mayyyyybe Kane.

He really isn’t

He’s still got quality but his best days are behind him. He isn’t the goal scorer that he once was and his passing comes and goes and his passing is on only when we catch teams off guard and he is given loads of space

Son (our POTY 3 of the last 4 seasons) and Romero (top top CB already) are clearly on another level and some of our other players (as have been mentioned in this forum) have really stepped up.

I think saying that he’s our 3rd best player based on this season and current talent level is fair but some others have claimed the likes of Dier had a better season which I don’t think is fair to Kane

Your trolling has dropped off a cliff lately. It used to be at least a little bit subtle, there's zero finesse to it now .. everyone just laughs.

He really isn’t

30 Rock High Quality GIF

its like youd think with KDB's technique hed be as good at pens as kane.
I donno is he especially good /bad at pens? Usually Mahrez who takes them for them and he is pretty good at them I recall? Maybe KDM is not far off?

I would say penalties are a special skill because of the additional psychological pressure so some players who are good normally may not be able to handle the pressure. Kane obvuiously can handle that. The thing is Kane is great at shooting from distance too. Just not if it's a free kick. It's always perplexed me. All you have to be able to do to do okay at free kicks is be able to hit the ball where you want it accurately. He should have no problem with that. Obviously to be really good at them you need more, you need to also be able to hit it hard (usually), get it up and over the wall (usually), be able to curve the flight of the ball. But Kane is not even able to do the first of those things to be an okay kick taker even though he can hit the ball right where he wants it both from open play shots and passes, including long passes (with both feet) and from the spot. Oh, and corners too, at least for England, he was okay at that.

I donno is he especially good /bad at pens? Usually Mahrez who takes them for them and he is pretty good at them I recall? Maybe KDM is not far off?

I would say penalties are a special skill because of the additional psychological pressure so some players who are good normally may not be able to handle the pressure. Kane obvuiously can handle that. The thing is Kane is great at shooting from distance too. Just not if it's a free kick. It's always perplexed me. All you have to be able to do to do okay at free kicks is be able to hit the ball where you want it accurately. He should have no problem with that. Obviously to be really good at them you need more, you need to also be able to hit it hard (usually), get it up and over the wall (usually), be able to curve the flight of the ball. But Kane is not even able to do the first of those things to be an okay kick taker even though he can hit the ball right where he wants it both from open play shots and passes, including long passes (with both feet) and from the spot. Oh, and corners too, at least for England, he was okay at that.
yea its a weird one with kane and freekicks because he should have the technical ability to master them.

city have struggled for years with pens, which is strange as they have the best players technically, like you say its more psychological with pens, but youd think just practising hitting the corners over and over in training would help, kane clearly does that.

one thing ive noticed with kanes freekick is that he does always seem to go for a lot of power, then it hits the wall.

Your trolling has dropped off a cliff lately. It used to be at least a little bit subtle, there's zero finesse to it now .. everyone just laughs.
1. Kane is not better than a player that received our POTY in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Son has been our best player overall in recent seasons period.

2. Despite playing different positions, it is arguable that Romero is already a better player than Kane. Most people would agree that he’s been better overall than Kane this season. We only have a seasons sample size for Romero so it’s what we can base his ability/talent on. It is what it is until proven otherwise.

3. I’m not the one that voted for this seasons POTY. Kane finished outside of the top 3 in most polls. Ask the people that voted for Dier as to why they thought he was the better / more important player than Kane.

You can get agitated and annoyed all you want but overrating Kane as you usually do won’t win you many points these days. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still quality, but far from our best player.

Was the interview he was due to give Lineker yesterday anything to do with this exhibition opening:

If so, I imagine the interview/opening was planned weeks, if not months ago, when maybe, just maybe his focus may NOT have been totally on what implications the last day of the season might hold...

As soon as it became apparent just how vital a 100% focus was gonna be on the Friday before one of the biggest weekends in his/our recent league history, I'm not surprised he pulled out!

In fact Conte probably told Harry's 'people' to DISCREETLY give any excuse they could,
and maybe a dicky tummy was the first thing that came to mind!

...problem is, the e-mail they sent their reply belonged to............................

....... GARY LINEKER'S ACCOUNT!

Don’t get me wrong, he’s still quality, but far from our best player.

Nobody gets you "wrong". People just get you as a clown. Someone who tries desperately hard to be sammyspurs, who was actually pretty good at trolling, but fails miserably.

Why is anyone ever going to take anything seriously from someone that spent weeks and weeks trying to make out that Raul Jiminez is a better player than Kane? I don't know which country you're from but you should support your local team and stop pretending to support Tottenham every now and again.

Nobody gets you "wrong". People just get you as a clown. Someone who tries desperately hard to be sammyspurs, who was actually pretty good at trolling, but fails miserably.

Why is anyone ever going to take anything seriously from someone that spent weeks and weeks trying to make out that Raul Jiminez is a better player than Kane? I don't know which country you're from but you should support your local team and stop pretending to support Tottenham every now and again.
Me: Kane is not better or more important than our player that won our POTY award in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

TylerB: Oh my god. He’s an Asian Woolwich fan.

:harrylol:

Last edited:
1. Kane is not better than a player that received our POTY in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Son has been our best player overall in recent seasons period.

2. Despite playing different positions, it is arguable that Romero is already a better player than Kane. Most people would agree that he’s been better overall than Kane this season. We only have a seasons sample size for Romero so it’s what we can base his ability/talent on. It is what it is until proven otherwise.

3. I’m not the one that voted for this seasons POTY. Kane finished outside of the top 3 in most polls. Ask the people that voted for Dier as to why they thought he was the better / more important player than Kane.

You can get agitated and annoyed all you want but overrating Kane as you usually do won’t win you many points these days. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still quality, but far from our best player.

Will you stop posting.

You keep humiliating yourself and surely by now you realise that nobody fucking agrees with your nonsense.

Go away

Kane is still our best player but it's fair to say he's had a shit season. Not only has he had a shit season he put the club through the ringer at the start of the season.

Son clearly had the best season, followed by Dier/Romero/Skipp who IMO had roughly equally important roles to play. They did their jobs better than Kane did his.

Despite his poor first few months, he still has 26 goals in 49 games which is better than one every two. It only shows his quality that it could be considered an average season with those sort of stats. He's also scored against some good sides too.

No elite or world class player would ever finish below Eric Dier in his own clubs Player of the Year poll in any given season. Imagine thinking Kane is world class when his own fans ranked him below Eric Dier this season 😂

Of all the weirdos I’ve encountered on the internet you’re in a class of your own mate
Being an internet troll is one thing, takes a certain kind of person. Being an internet troll on a Tottenham Forum, and constantly hammering the same nail for months on end for seemingly no payoff other than people just being incredibly bored and confused... Yeah that takes a real fucking special kind of individual that does.

All under the guise of actually being a Spurs fan? So worst case scenario we have an actual Spurs fan who is dumb enough to pull this shtick for months on end on the board of his own team. Best case scenario he's a pathetic neutral or rival fan and it's a particularly embarrassing crusade that is well beyond it's expiry date.

Either way, mental stuff really.

Back
Top Bottom