Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i doubt shearer is seen as a great in italy, spain or germany. the real greats are seen as greats worldwide.

lets be honest shearer scored a lot of premier league goals when it was a much weaker league. when he was banging in goals, the prem was seen as inferior to la liga, serie A and probably the bundesliga too.
Before his knee injury he was the best striker in Europe. So explosive, powerful and a leader. After that, his pace went but he adapted into an effective back to goal striker but was still a good PL player

Fair point on worldwide view but entire game was less global then

True, but worth remembering that Shearer never did anything in a semi or final of note.

But I do agree generally. The greats tend to make the difference.

It's invariably what makes them great.

Said it a couple of weeks ago that the best example is the Brazilian Ronaldo and Neymar. More goals for Brazil from the PSG player but not a patch on the greatness of his older compatriot.

Greatness belongs to the difference makers.

I'd probably say Shearer is stronger, better at holding the ball up, a better header of the ball and in all honesty probably a better finisher than Kane is.

But who really cares?

Kane is ours and his records for us will stand the test of time.

And you were celebrating when Liverpool beat Spurs in the Champions League final and sucking off Klopp in other football forums. Yeah, you got caught there as well.

:llorishowudoin:

NKK3dUc.jpg

8gITzQR.jpg

You're trying so hard but failing so miserably. Bless ya.

Issue is it will be never ending from these wanker internet keyboard warriors regardless of what Kane wins. Kane wins an Fa cup, it will go from “warra trophy” to “can’t win the big trophies”. Kane wins the league, it will be “Kane can’t win the CL”. Kane would literally have to win every trophy imaginable to finally shut these cunts up. Pretty certain there’s a racial element to his hate too by certain individuals. A dorky white English guy that speaks funny can’t be considered world class can he? He breaks records every single season and the disrespect he gets by many rivals is insane. Really pisses me off actually and I know it shouldn’t.

Issue is it will be never ending from these wanker internet keyboard warriors regardless of what Kane wins. Kane wins an Fa cup, it will go from “warra trophy” to “can’t win the big trophies”. Kane wins the league, it will be “Kane can’t win the CL”. Kane would literally have to win every trophy imaginable to finally shut these cunts up. Pretty certain there’s a racial element to his hate too by certain individuals. A dorky white English guy that speaks funny can’t be considered world class can he? He breaks records every single season and the disrespect he gets by many rivals is insane. Really pisses me off actually and I know it shouldn’t.

From the general gist of it, I think it's more because when he does anything out of character it never gets highlighted. There have been times in the last few years where he's dived but nothing is said about it (Besides the one embarrassing time Sky actually interviewed him on it), he's put in some horror tackles and not been red carded for it, there was the whole backing into jumping players thing which was blown out of proportion completely and then the swearing on his daughters life just to nab a goal away from a team mate to get a golden boot he didn't end up winning anyway etc.

I think most of the hate just stems from Chelsea, Liverpool and Woolwich fans though. Which is understandable because if a player did all the above, whilst scoring a shit load of goals against my club, I'd fucking hate him too.

I think
I think there are few reasons for that because Kane did play very bad in crucial games like CL Final, Cup finals. When you don't perform when you need them the most rivals/hater/trolls will get on the player (Just like Lebron James until he actually won a finals series). But if he wins a trophy and performs well~ all will go away.

If they keep it up this season, and Kulu keeps his rate, Conte will get us purring and raising silverware…

success GIF
I fully expect Kulu to be right up there among the leaders in goal contributions by the end of the season.

Crazy that we've got the top 2 in the league on the same team and potentially a 3rd near the top of the list soon

I'd probably say Shearer is stronger, better at holding the ball up, a better header of the ball and in all honesty probably a better finisher than Kane is.

But who really cares?

Kane is ours and his records for us will stand the test of time.
Like Rooney, you can chop Shearers career into two halves - world class and latterly PL class. Early 20’s he was better than Kane, but Kane at 29 is better than Shearer at 29

Kane has things in his locker that Shearer didn’t possess

I'd probably say Shearer is stronger, better at holding the ball up,
kane plays for soft free kicks too much. hes a product of how the game went soft and become all about conning the refs. if all games was reffed like the chelsea game youd see a different kane in terms of holding the ball up and showing his strength.

if it wasnt for pens id fancy kulu to get more contributions than kane this year.

Almost agreed, kind of do, but let’s see. For sure, having those two gives him much more space, and, targets of world class finishing ability.

Get the other 8 performing Top 4 Quality, why can’t we win it (City’s ridiculous squad aside).

Almost agreed, kind of do, but let’s see. For sure, having those two gives him much more space, and, targets of world class finishing ability.

Get the other 8 performing Top 4 Quality, why can’t we win it (City’s ridiculous squad aside).
yea its a shame city are a joke because id really fancy us this year. never know though, if they let bernado go and kdb gets a lengthy spell out..... :mourloopy:

think kulu will be regarded as world class by the end of the season.

Yeah, then they’d just have Foden, Grealish, Mahrez, some others they signed…
yea all class but KDB the big one isnt he. they collapsed against madrid when he went off, that doesnt happen with him out on the pitch.

didnt he go off against chelsea in the final too with eye injury? hes their big player they need to drag them over the line in big tight games. sometimes not directly but just his presence and constant quality can submit an opposition

Back
Top Bottom