Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really wish it was it as he’s a Tottenham lad through and through but I never saw the appeal not once, and now it’s starting to lose grace. I thought maybe I’m blind and he’ll grow into a Carrick type player, but no just simple sideways.
If he’s fine with moving to be a squad player then he should stay, otherwise it’s best to give the academy lads that spot.

There was a time in the game today that I lost my hope with this man. The only job that he has to do is floating around the midfield to receive the ball and pass. Despite he was nowhere to be seen most of the game and players were leaved alone with the ball, in some momento Hojbjerg has shown up to do this while Winks was doing fuck all.
Yep, winks is a decent back up, nothing more. Thankfully Jose has finally realised that Dele is no longer worthy of playing, there's hope yet that winks and dier aren't far behind 🤞

There was a time in the game today that I lost my hope with this man. The only job that he has to do is floating around the midfield to receive the ball and pass. Despite he was nowhere to be seen most of the game and players were leaved alone with the ball, in some momento Hojbjerg has shown up to do this while Winks was doing fuck all.
I agree with this .... times the fullbacks had the ball looking inside for him to make the triangle and he’s no where and they’re left to play the percentage ball down the line.

really disappointed

There was a point in the second half where he received a pass from someone in a bit of space in midfield, wouldn't have been a saints player within 15m of him, and instead of turning and playing the ball forward, he instantaneously passed the ball back to Dier. He didn't even look at his options, and obviously had no awareness of what was going on around him before he received the pass.

I've always been happy with him as a squad player but not as first choice.

He seems to be in a comfort zone and his game isn't really developing. It's like he's played the same game 100 times rather than 100 different games where he's learnt from each one and improved.

Last edited:
There was a point in the second half where he received a pass from someone in a bit of space in midfield, wouldn't have been a saints player within 15m of him, and instead of turning and playing the ball forward, he instantaneously passed the ball back to Dier. He didn't even look at his options, and obviously had no awareness of what was going on around him before he received the pass.

That's what i mean about him not developing. It's like he's learnt to pass the ball safely to the nearest player and settled for that being the extent of his job.

Another poor performance from Winks.

These are the sort of games he should be taking by the scruff of the neck when we need to rely on our squad depth to get us through and to rest our top players and he failed miserably. Sissoko seems to have lost his place completely after Mourinho realised he was a waste of space in central midfield and I think Winks might just be heading in the same direction.

Another poor performance from Winks.

These are the sort of games he should be taking by the scruff of the neck when we need to rely on our squad depth to get us through and to rest our top players and he failed miserably. Sissoko seems to have lost his place completely after Mourinho realised he was a waste of space in central midfield and I think Winks might just be heading in the same direction.
I said before the match I didn't mind him starting as it's the type of match where he can do well (i.e. we'll have a lot of the ball and he won't need to defend) but he was awful today.

He's playing himself out of even a rotated side.

Did nothing today.

He was very bad tonight. Don't hate him like others on here as think he's a tidy, wholehearted squad player, but boy, he's general play has been poor lately. Gave the ball away sloppily on a good few occasions and some poor simple passes gone astray. Needs to improve and shouldn't be starting key games.

I'm not sure what he's good at anymore.....I use to think Winks was a decent passer and could mark his man but he's barely managing at that currently. He was awful today.

Back
Top Bottom