Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If your opinion was honest and in good faith, why do you (still!) persist in ONLY citing backwards and sideways (esp. when he made as many fwd as he did side and back combined!)?

Are you really that silly to think, you're being clever here?
My God the mighty Winks can pass the ball forwards praise him revere him!

So would any top 4 no no top 6 team take him?

Ahh no they would not you can keep coping with that a single forward pass stat from one game as much as you like but when you step back and look at the broader picture it's obvious that he should be playing for West Brom.

My God the mighty Winks can pass the ball forwards praise him revere him!

Grow up.

I've not lauded him.....

Let's go back to the beginning shall we:

"Winks fans when he completes 16 out of 16 backwards passes"

Show me one person that applauded 16 backwards passes.....

[Still waiting!]

So would any top 4 no no top 6 team take him?

Our past 2 managers seem perfectly happy to play him who in the last 2 seasons (despite having other optios) and have finished 4th and 6th; so evidently he's capable of being part of such a team.

Short of an actually sale; there is no definitive proof that another club wants him or any other player.... Nothing that, in your defiance, you'd accept anyway.

Ahh no they would not you can keep coping with that a single forward pass stat from one game as much as you like but when you step back and look at the broader picture it's obvious that he should be playing for West Brom.

You brought the stats up to begin with, not me... You just didn't have the honesty to paint the full picture.... Getting your pathetic little dig in was clearly more important to you.

SC is down the hall and to the right kid

The fuck you dribbling about....? I called you out on your fake news bullshit and thus that means I haven't got the stomach for TFC?

He didn't play well in fact I can't remember him playing well since the Real Madrid game which was what 3 years ago now?

Even if you take into account his other stats from the game he still comes of as poor as previously stated he scored nothing assisted nothing and created no big chances.

Completing a large number of sideways and backwards passes does not cover that up.
He played well YESTERDAY, that was clear for a blind man to see.

Why bring in other games, what's the point?

If you want to use stats to prove a point then don't be surprised when someone disproves your point by using exactly the same set of stats. Use stats to support your position, not form one. You see he completed an even larger number of forward passes, which destroys the point you are making.

Basically choose your time to be critical of a player wisely, after they have had a good game I suggest isn't the best time as the only one coming out of this not looking good is you right now. Statistically, you're fucked, with the eye test you're fucked. By all means, continuing to double down and dig your grave further but best wait for the day he's shit to give yourself a sporting chance.

There are loads of things wrong with Winks, just yesterday they weren't on display.

Grow up.

I've not lauded him.....

Let's go back to the beginning shall we:

[Still waiting!]

Our past 2 managers seem perfectly happy to play him who in the last 2 seasons (despite having other optios) and have finished 4th and 6th; so evidently he's capable of being part of such a team.

Short of an actually sale; there is no definitive proof that another club wants him or any other player.... Nothing that, in your defiance, you'd accept anyway.

You brought the stats up to begin with, not me... You just didn't have the honesty to paint the full picture.... Getting your pathetic little dig in was clearly more important to you.

The fuck you dribbling about....? I called you out on your fake news bullshit and thus that means I haven't got the stomach for TFC?
It's amazing how you can type so much yet say so little.

I painted the whole picture for you how many times do I have repeat his goals/assists/chances created at you?

He played well YESTERDAY, that was clear for a blind man to see.

Why bring in other games, what's the point?

If you want to use stats to prove a point then don't be surprised when someone disproves your point by using exactly the same set of stats. Use stats to support your position, not form one. You see he completed an even larger number of forward passes, which destroys the point you are making.

Basically choose your time to be critical of a player wisely, after they have had a good game I suggest isn't the best time as the only one coming out of this not looking good is you right now. Statistically, you're fucked, with the eye test you're fucked. By all means, continuing to double down and dig your grave further but best wait for the day he's shit to give yourself a sporting chance.

There are loads of things wrong with Winks, just yesterday they weren't on display.
A forward pass may simply be one that travels a tiny distance to reach the destination of another player.

When you look at chances created you see that Winks has achieved 3 yes 3 of those in his entire career.

If Winks is our future then i'm afraid we don't have one...

I painted the whole picture for you how many times do I have repeat his goals/assists/chances created at you?

You trying to measure a guy who plays DM against someone like Eriksen is just as bogus as your original post.

If you can't do this then you you're simply proving me right.

You trying to measure a guy who plays DM against someone like Eriksen is just as bogus as your original post.

If you can't do this then you you're simply proving me right.
Hey Airfixx Airfixx you can keep mashing that disagree button as much as you like but it's not gonna change the cold hard truth.

Any time someone attempts to defend Winks they are defending a wasted spot if you want to do that fine but your going to have to back up your points.

Hey Airfixx Airfixx you can keep mashing that disagree button as much as you like but it's not gonna change the cold hard truth.

Any time someone attempts to defend Winks they are defending a wasted spot if you want to do that fine but your going to have to back up your points.

If you expect to have credibility, then you'd do well not to lie.

"Winks fans [clapping] when he completes 16 out of 16 backwards passes"

Waiting..... :harrysmile:

If you expect to have credibility, then you'd do well not to lie.

"Winks fans [clapping] when he completes 16 out of 16 backwards passes"

Waiting..... :harrysmile:
You know what ban all gifs ban all jokes no more having a laugh as Airfixx demands absolute skepticism.

Z7HeRxU.png

(but also Winks is actually great no one question this please)

You know what ban all gifs ban all jokes no more having a laugh as Airfixx demands absolute skepticism.

(but also Winks is actually great no one question this please)

Riiiiiiiight.......

Anything rather than own your own bullshit.

Gotcha..... :adethumbup:

p.s. Still waiting.

He's alright is Harry Winks. Does pretty much exactly what is asked of him I expect which is why two top managers pick him week in week out, oh and he's a regular in the England team too.

So its either that his critics are right and he's fucking useless, or they don't really understand the mechanics of a football team or the role he's being asked to play.

I'm gonna go with option 2.

Fuck me you've actually done it this might be the most boring post on TFCs history.

Ladies and Gentleman can we have a big round of applause for Airfixx please!

You deserve more credit; your end of things (including your playground-esque "youuu loove wiiinks; you think he's the future" crap) has been completely tedious from the off.

You think not having the stats of an AM, makes a DM a "wasted" squad spot. Pitiful really.

My view on Stats:

Premier League midfielder;
Played 243
Goals 12
Assists 12

Must be fucking shit !!!!!!!

That's Moussa Dembele by the way
Dembele actually moved forward and could get past players with ease to transition the attacks does winks do that?

he's a regular in the England team too.
... 'fraid not. He's lost his place to the mighty Declan Rice! God help us.

He wasn't bad yesterday but the bar for our recent midfield is extraordinarily low. No need for stats - the eyeball works fine.

I cannot see how he plays in the same team as Hojbjerg. Two players doing the same thing occupying two slots!

... 'fraid not. He's lost his place to the mighty Declan Rice! God help us.

He wasn't bad yesterday but the bar for our recent midfield is extraordinarily low. No need for stats - the eyeball works fine.

I cannot see how he plays in the same team as Hojbjerg. Two players doing the same thing occupying two slots!
I don’t think he has, he had Covid during the last England selection, I think he will play during the next break.

Back
Top Bottom