Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I did answer your questions. The reason that Jose has dropped him is that he is using him as an example. Don't know whether or not he has friends in the squad and it really doesn't matter.
No you didn't answer the questions.

The conversation started by an allegation that Jose wouldn't drop Winks because he had friends in the squad and didn't want to upset the team.

Jose had no problem dropping Dele who has also friends in he squad and therefore Jose risked upsetting the team.

Now you're saying that he dropped Dele as an "example" but won't drop Winks.

Absolute horse shit.

Dunno if Wink is a favourite, but I think Jose sees being less talented as equating to perceived reliability.

But I do agree if Jose started sending Winks, Ben Davies, Sissoko, Lamela, Lucas etc. to the dog house it's not going to have much of an effect on the rest of the squad.

Dele was undroppable for basically 4 years. If he was fit, he started. N'Dombele was the record signing and one of the highest paid players, Their exclusion has a much bigger impact.

I think he sees Winks with the back passes and side passes as being safe, the fact it does nothing to help the team doesn't matter to him because it takes away the risk of an error and he seems to be more scared of errors that hopeful for positive plays.

The conversation started by an allegation that Jose wouldn't drop Winks because he had friends in the squad and didn't want to upset the team.

Jose had no problem dropping Dele who has also friends in he squad and therefore Jose risked upsetting the team.

Absolute horse shit.

Its not now that I am saying it I have always been saying it. I think he wants to get the team a little angry at Dele getting dropped. I think he wants the team to see that and think that if we don't work we can be next. He is using Dele to get a message across so that if some of his mates get pissed then that is fine.

With Winks he wants him to be the shinning example of a "club man." He wants him to be a positive influence in the locker room, the good guy that shows what you can do when you work hard, so he wants the guys close to him to be positive and happy to see him getting chances.

My initial question....
None of you think Winks was fouled/body checked?

To which you replied....
Before he had a chance to clear the ball?

Nope

Now who's spinning...
LOL

Still can't deal with the fact that Winks couldn't clear the ball so I understand why you are trying to spin the discussion to other aspects of the game while ignoring what actually happened.

Piss off.

My initial question....

To which you replied....

Now who's spinning...

Piss off.

Yes thank you for making my point. He was not fouled before he had the chance to clear the ball.

What happened after that doesn't really matter that much because Winks screwed up by not clearing the ball.

If you want to whine about the supposed foul, I think at best it was 50/50 could be called but also fine not being called as well. Certainly not a clear cut foul.

Its not now that I am saying it I have always been saying it. I think he wants to get the team a little angry at Dele getting dropped. I think he wants the team to see that and think that if we don't work we can be next. He is using Dele to get a message across so that if some of his mates get pissed then that is fine.

With Winks he wants him to be the shinning example of a "club man." He wants him to be a positive influence in the locker room, the good guy that shows what you can do when you work hard, so he wants the guys close to him to be positive and happy to see him getting chances.
Absolute bullshit.

Jose has no problem dropping anyone who isn't training and playing to his high standards.

It's been proved time and time again with every club he's been at.

Absolute horse shit.

My initial question....

To which you replied....

Now who's spinning...

Piss off.

stevee stevee & SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs
You #"making shit up" again, lads? :pocheyes:

Absolute bullshit.

Jose has no problem dropping anyone who isn't training and playing to his high standards.

It's been proved time and time again with every club he's been at.

Is there any indication that Winks hasn't been training or doing what Jose wants?

Is there any indication that Winks hasn't been training or doing what Jose wants?
Nope.

Is there any indication that Dele hasn't ?

Let me put it this way;

Were we to sign a top class DM in the Jan, or more likely Summer TW (don't laugh), Jose would have no problems at all in dropping Winks.

Or do you disagree with this as well.

Nope.

Is there any indication that Dele hasn't ?

Let me put it this way;

Were we to sign a top class DM in the Jan, or more likely Summer TW (don't laugh), Jose would have no problems at all in dropping Winks.

Or do you disagree with this as well.

I think there certainly has been indications that Dele hasn't. In the Amazon doc Jose brought up the training aspect and watching Dele play you can see he does very little out there.

I doubt that Jose would drop Winks in that case. I think that it would result in less time for Lo Celso and/or Ndombele. With the new guy partnering with PEH and one of them and Winks being the first sub off the bench in the MF.

Last minute of injury time, your defence has just cleared a header to you at the edge of your penalty area. Should you

a) whack it as hard as you can away from your goal?
b) smash it out for a throw and re-organise or defence
or
c) chicken out of playing the ball and flick it to a waiting opposition player standing centrally just outside your penalty box.

Even Souness would come to the conclusion c would be the worst thing to do (might take him an hour or two)

Last minute of injury time, your defence has just cleared a header to you at the edge of your penalty area. Should you

a) whack it as hard as you can away from your goal?
b) smash it out for a throw and re-organise or defence
or
c) chicken out of playing the ball and flick it to a waiting opposition player standing centrally just outside your penalty box.

Even Souness would come to the conclusion c would be the worst thing to do (might take him an hour or two)
brutal but true

I think there certainly has been indications that Dele hasn't. In the Amazon doc Jose brought up the training aspect and watching Dele play you can see he does very little out there.

I doubt that Jose would drop Winks in that case. I think that it would result in less time for Lo Celso and/or Ndombele. With the new guy partnering with PEH and one of them and Winks being the first sub off the bench in the MF.

What a load of old crap..... It's perfectly clear our MF is a case of:

(1) PEH + (2) Ndombele or GLC (or Dele) +(3) Sissoko, Winks or Gedson.

All 9 starting line-ups this season back that up:

vs Everton: PEH / Winks / Dele
vs Plovdiv: PEH / Sissoko / GLC
vs S’oton: PEH / Winks / Ndombele
vs Shkendija: Winks / Ndombele / Lamela
vs N'castle: PEH / Winks / GLC
vs Chelsea: Gedson / Sissoko / Ndombele
vs Maccabi: PEH / Winks / GLC
vs Man U: PEH / Sissoko / Ndombele
vs WHam: PEH / Sissoko / Ndombele

Last edited:

If you think that Jose would play Winks before Lo Celso and Ndombele then you are deluded, (rotation allowing) especially if we get a top DM in.

What a load of old crap..... It's perfectly clear our MF is a case of:

PEH + Ndombele or GLC (or Dele) + Sissoko, Winks or Gedson.

All 9 starting line-ups this season back that up:

vs Everton: PEH / Winks / Dele
vs Plovdiv: PEH / Sissoko / GLC
vs S’oton: PEH / Winks / Ndombele
vs Shkendija: Winks / Ndombele / Lamela
vs N'castle: PEH / Winks / GLC
vs Chelsea: Gedson / Sissoko / Ndombele
vs Maccabi: PEH / Winks / GLC
vs Man U: PEH / Sissoko / Ndombele

And I am pointing out that the new MF in Steve's scenario would be PEH+ Ndombele/Lo Celso+ New guy

So the same as you posted but with the new guy replacing the Sissoko/Winks/Gedson role you have.

i just see that the first MF off the bench would be Winks no matter who was coming off.

If you think that Jose would play Winks before Lo Celso and Ndombele then you are deluded, (rotation allowing) especially if we get a top DM in.

I think he would play one of Ndombele or Lo Celso before Winks in the starting 11 and then bring Winks off the bench before the other guy.

Back
Top Bottom