Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably the best player in the team against LASK, across the whole game. H did what he does, kept the play ticking over, being available to defence and midfield, keeping the ball moving.
Its tiresome to see this constant tirade against a hard working, decent, professional who works his socks off for the team - whose only fault is that he's Harry Winks and not Messi, Zidane or Gascoigne.
And I hate to tell you bunch of Winkers, but Mourinho rates him and he seems to know more about football than you bozo's.
If he had been good enough for the 1st eleven we would not have bought Hjobjerg!

I don't dislike the guy but you could probably pluck a guy out of league 1 to do the same thing he's doing imo. He looked like he'd be a deep lying playmaker the first few times I see him play but compare him to modric who played the same position and was a playmaker and the difference is monstrous. Need to be offering more at the top level of football than picking up the ball of the defenders then playing it sideways. Look at hojbjergs passing since he's come into the side. One instance in the united game two players pressing him and he played a lovely chipped pass up the pitch and took two out the game and got us on the front foot and attacking united. Winks would of just played a two yard pass back to the cb passing the responsibility to somebody else.

Or Vinicius, or Bale!
He is probably the most similar as he plays a midfield role, and can do some of what Winks does, but he doesnt play the same game.
Mick, you are obviously a fan of HW.
I'm not sure what talent you see that most of us find lacking.
He is a good squad player but at present doesn't appear to be a crunching tackler or a creative MF.
Like Sissoko he does a job but ?

Mick, you are obviously a fan of HW.
I'm not sure what talent you see that most of us find lacking.
He is a good squad player but at present doesn't appear to be a crunching tackler or a creative MF.
Like Sissoko he does a job but ?
It's not that I'm a massive fan per se - just that I'm not a mindless detractor.
Some of the posts on here are shameful, slagging the lad off basically becausehe isn't some dynamic attacking MF or McKay like defensive MF.

Some of the comments about his general play are ignorant and borne of a total lack of understanding about the role he is expected to play, and frankly it's boring and tedious.

I know he isn't going to play every game, we now have some real talent in our MF, but not every mix suits each and every opposition, so he will get games where his water carrier role fits the requirement.

Even when the lad plays well, he gets slated, it's like some people are totally blind to the things he does do well, and trot out the same old insults about him regardless of his impact on the game.

It's not that I'm a massive fan per se - just that I'm not a mindless detractor.
Some of the posts on here are shameful, slagging the lad off basically becausehe isn't some dynamic attacking MF or McKay like defensive MF.

Some of the comments about his general play are ignorant and borne of a total lack of understanding about the role he is expected to play, and frankly it's boring and tedious.

I know he isn't going to play every game, we now have some real talent in our MF, but not every mix suits each and every opposition, so he will get games where his water carrier role fits the requirement.

Even when the lad plays well, he gets slated, it's like some people are totally blind to the things he does do well, and trot out the same old insults about him regardless of his impact on the game.
I thought you ran his fan club for a minute :mourthumb:

Sorry i missed the times he did play well, could you remind me?

Back
Top Bottom