Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another SHOCKING performance

Slowed every single decent attack we had at pace. Got owned defensively. Created nothing offensively

Get rid now

It's time
Go Away Reaction GIF

I’m not picking on him specifically, there were multiple poor performances all over the pitch tonight, but unless GLC was injured why was he taken off at half time for PEH and Winks stayed on ?

I’m not picking on him specifically, there were multiple poor performances all over the pitch tonight, but unless GLC was injured why was he taken off at half time for PEH and Winks stayed on ?
GLC was our best player in the first half, I dare to say, why he was taken off is beyond me. Hojbjerg should play, of course, as the defense was exposed all the time, but they were not exposed because of Lo Celso. Can't understend why when you need do create a goal against a team that will park the bus you will prefer to rely on Winks than in Lo Celso (also I can't understand why would you rely on Winks over him in anything).

GLC was our best player in the first half, I dare to say, why he was taken off is beyond me. Hojbjerg should play, of course, as the defense was exposed all the time, but they were not exposed because of Lo Celso. Can't understend why when you need do create a goal against a team that will park the bus you will prefer to rely on Winks than in Lo Celso (also I can't understand why would you rely on Winks over him in anything).
I said out loud to myself "Why isn't Winks there?" or "Where is Winks?" probably a half dozen times in the first half when it came to defensive positioning.

Just a poor defender.

The additional problem Winks is having now is an increased self awareness that he isn't really good enough. It's very difficult to see things drastically improving for him now.

Back
Top Bottom