Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He isn’t good enough guys, there’s no other way to describe it. Would Winks get in any of the current top 6 midfield ? Not a chance and there’s you’re answer. He’s a decent squad player and I have no issue with him being part of our squad, but the guy isn’t good enough. When you have bang average players like Winks and Sissoko occupying the midfield, you already know you are onto a loser. Points were dropped the moment Mourinho played these 2 together.
in defence, if our 'sitters' were converted points wouldn't have been dropped... maybe teams grow in confidence when they see we can't put them away

'Wanks'

SeriousInfamousAntbear-size_restricted.gif
I totally agree. Out of order using that name for someone who is Spurs through and through. It's OK not to rate him, but absolutely no need for that. Kindly stop. Thanks.

Last edited:
I dont think this is a manager issue.

I personally fail to see any area in which he excels. Its like he stopped developing at some point long ago.
He doesn't excel in any area, he's a jack of all trades, master of none. Personally I don't think he's shit or great, he's decent as a squad option and the more vitriolic posts in here are way over the top imo.

I think he went through a crisis in confidence with his first spell of bad games, the crowd got on his back and I don't think he's fully recovered from it. He looks to me like he's playing within himself a bit with an element of fear. Is that Jose related? Maybe, Jose is quick to criticise and drop players sometimes and if your confidence is fragile already, this doesn't always help.

People are quick to overlook the mental aspect of top level sport as it's not tangible in the same way as the physical and technical, but to me it's massive. In terms of technical ability, what separates Winks from someone like Roy Keane for example? Not a huge amount to my mind, but in terms of mentality they're light years apart.

Last edited:
I don’t think Winks is great but he’s good enough as a squad rotation player. If we were forced to start him every game that would be a problem but he’s good enough for the occasional league star mixed in with cup games.

The problem is people have started to turn on him already. Once that happens, even if he plays well there will be a load of negative comments his way on here. People are quick to judge but long to forget.

I don’t think Winks is great but he’s good enough as a squad rotation player. If we were forced to start him every game that would be a problem but he’s good enough for the occasional league star mixed in with cup games.

The problem is people have started to turn on him already. Once that happens, even if he plays well there will be a load of negative comments his way on here. People are quick to judge but long to forget.
Some would start him ahead of Sissoko.

Others say he can't tackle, pass, defend, create anything, is lazy and hides from the ball.

OH well, opinions and arse holes springs to mind.

Back
Top Bottom