Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

COMIN FOR YOUR ASS! That's the midfielder we need, ruthless! And will only turn more ugly with time, scaring the shit out of midfielders.
u23_oliver_skipp.png

Once they are relegated and their better players are sold, winks could be a decent player for them a league below.
unless he actually changes how he plays he wont be good for any team. no team wants a player that just invites pressure onto his team by playing backwards and sideways, while offering really poor physical attributes

At least he didn't do anything to fuck us this game. He did nothing to help either but at this point the best you can hope for from Winks is that he does nothing either way.

He was fine. A bit invisible, but absolutely fine: decent squad player - useful for games like this to allow others to recover. Would t be surprised to see him replaced by Tanguy on Thursday - with Kane ‘rested’ for ten minutes and Bale for 20, I imagine the plan is to get a decent lead in leg one to relax for the return.

people saying he was fine because he didnt give the ball away. his passes out to the fullbacks who had acres of space was so fuckign slow it broke down the potential for a decent attack! by the time the ball gets to the fullback they now have a player on them who was 15 yards away before the balls left winks foot...shit football

people saying he was fine because he didnt give the ball away. his passes out to the fullbacks who had acres of space was so fuckign slow it broke down the potential for a decent attack! by the time the ball gets to the fullback they now have a player on them who was 15 yards away before the balls left winks foot...shit football
In fairness to Winks, the back four minus Reggie did this, too, and Son seemed incapable of any kind of one-touch work.

I suspect - but may be wrong - that it was deliberate in an attempt to free space behind Palace, but only Kane and Bale have any decent passing ability so it failed.

In fairness to Winks, the back four minus Reggie did this, too, and Son seemed incapable of any kind of one-touch work.

I suspect - but may be wrong - that it was deliberate in an attempt to free space behind Palace, but only Kane and Bale have any decent passing ability so it failed.
i dont think its deliberate. winks doesnt have the power to actually zip passes into players who are over 20 yards away..never seen him give a fullback a pass with the right weight on it..its always a slow ball that just lets the opposition reset..a nothing pass..but youre right a lot of the team do it also, but the last people that should be doing it is your midfield, they are meant to be the better technical players n the side

Back
Top Bottom