Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks and Sissoko. The dream team. The best midfield duo in the PL. winks, the sweeper, the playmaker, the man that can make a 40 yard pass with pinpoint precision. Sissoko, gets the ball and terrifies opposition defence. Makes godly dribbles and takes on all comers.

We’re going to be fine with these 2. Fonseca should definitely experiment with these 2 guys in as many formations as possible even if it seems like it isn’t working because it eventually will. We should build the team around them.

I just hope that Nuno can see what is right there before him and doesn't buy into the "proper spurs lad" image that Levy is pushing. The disconnect is already so large between the club and fans and Mason's Mates just highlighted it.

Fuck sake just remembered this guy still plays for us.
giphy.gif

Winks has been with the club for 20 years, since he was 5 years old. GTFO with this 'get out of my club' BS. It is HIS CLUB, not yours.

Sure; Harry wasn't part of Mourinho's plans since we didn't play possession based football under Mourinho. But under Poch he was growing into a very good player and was pushing his way into the England team.

With transfer rumours linking him to City, United, Villa - he is not a shit player; but he is limited to playing in a possession passing based system - rather than kick and run.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if Barca took him on as part of their wage bill reduction.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has said "When we talk about midfielders – because you like to use Spanish midfielders like Xavi and (Andres) Iniesta – he's like this type of player"

Ex-England and Spurs midfielder Danny Murphy said in September 2018 that the England team should be built around Winks, citing his performance for Tottenham against Real Madrid in the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League group stage as evidence.

Pep Guardiola is believed to be a massive fan of Winks. The report claims that Guardiola is a ‘serious admirer’ of Winks and that should come as no surprise.

Jo Cole - “He’s one of those players who is like a Carrick, a players’ player. You appreciate him and the fans might think what he's doing is simple, but he always receives it away from the player and his passes are crisp. I think he’s going to go on and have a great career.”

Winks has been with the club for 20 years, since he was 5 years old. GTFO with this 'get out of my club' BS. It is HIS CLUB, not yours.

Sure; Harry wasn't part of Mourinho's plans since we didn't play possession based football under Mourinho. But under Poch he was growing into a very good player and was pushing his way into the England team.

With transfer rumours linking him to City, United, Villa - he is not a shit player; but he is limited to playing in a possession passing based system - rather than kick and run.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if Barca took him on as part of their wage bill reduction.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has said "When we talk about midfielders – because you like to use Spanish midfielders like Xavi and (Andres) Iniesta – he's like this type of player"

Ex-England and Spurs midfielder Danny Murphy said in September 2018 that the England team should be built around Winks, citing his performance for Tottenham against Real Madrid in the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League group stage as evidence.

Pep Guardiola is believed to be a massive fan of Winks. The report claims that Guardiola is a ‘serious admirer’ of Winks and that should come as no surprise.

Jo Cole - “He’s one of those players who is like a Carrick, a players’ player. You appreciate him and the fans might think what he's doing is simple, but he always receives it away from the player and his passes are crisp. I think he’s going to go on and have a great career.”

Fantastic points. I'd like Winks out of his club and to Barca please.

:avbpray:

Is this satire?

Back
Top Bottom