Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jo Cole - “He’s one of those players who is like a Carrick, a players’ player. You appreciate him and the fans might think what he's doing is simple, but he always receives it away from the player and his passes are crisp. I think he’s going to go on and have a great career.”

He’s definitely going through a tougher period but I find that it is always interesting when actual footballers make comments like that. All this hate for a Spurs player that came through the club since he was 5....

So that gives him carte blanche to stay here forever irrespective of actual ability and be a a bottling shitter every time he plays?

No. Because he’s no good enough. However, considering he’s pretty much spent his entire life involved with OUR club, it does give him the benefit of the doubt to cut him some slack and not for fans like yourself to be a compete cunt to him all the time because it’s the fashionable thing, in your head, to do.

I sometimes wonder if you even are a Spurs fan, because you don’t behave like one.

I suggest going back to watch the Leicester game at the end of the season. Away to Leicester, fighting to get top 4. We controlled the game and thrashed them.

2nd most touches of the ball (Behind Doherty). **
2nd most Most tackles (behind Doherty). **
Most interceptions.
2nd most passes (behind pEH)
2nd most accurate crosses
Most accurate long balls
Ranked 4th (Bale, Doherty, Kane, Winks) by stats. **

** oh and Doherty is shit too right?

Not saying he was the greatest midfielder ever, but he did his job well; despite having not played regular football all season.

Bang average players not being shifted on is worrying as it reinforces the stereotypes the media have of a club with no ambition or prospect of silverware.
Unfortunately they are correct.

This I completely agree with. The hatred that is spouted by a certain section of our fanbase of Harry Winks the man, I will never get on board with.

This I completely agree with. The hatred that is spouted by a certain section of our fanbase of Harry Winks the man, I will never get on board with.

I would much rather sell sissoko first. I’m not saying we should keep him but there are other I’d get out the door first. We usually sell the ones that are easier to move on though rather than doing a difficult deal so I bet sissoko doesn’t leave.

Winks has been with the club for 20 years, since he was 5 years old. GTFO with this 'get out of my club' BS. It is HIS CLUB, not yours.

Sure; Harry wasn't part of Mourinho's plans since we didn't play possession based football under Mourinho. But under Poch he was growing into a very good player and was pushing his way into the England team.

With transfer rumours linking him to City, United, Villa - he is not a shit player; but he is limited to playing in a possession passing based system - rather than kick and run.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if Barca took him on as part of their wage bill reduction.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has said "When we talk about midfielders – because you like to use Spanish midfielders like Xavi and (Andres) Iniesta – he's like this type of player"

Ex-England and Spurs midfielder Danny Murphy said in September 2018 that the England team should be built around Winks, citing his performance for Tottenham against Real Madrid in the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League group stage as evidence.

Pep Guardiola is believed to be a massive fan of Winks. The report claims that Guardiola is a ‘serious admirer’ of Winks and that should come as no surprise.

Jo Cole - “He’s one of those players who is like a Carrick, a players’ player. You appreciate him and the fans might think what he's doing is simple, but he always receives it away from the player and his passes are crisp. I think he’s going to go on and have a great career.”
I don’t care where the rat 🐀 goes as long as it’s out of our club

He’s definitely going through a tougher period but I find that it is always interesting when actual footballers make comments like that. All this hate for a Spurs player that came through the club since he was 5....
He’s a waste of space and has been for quite a while

He hasn’t matured and looks like a boy playing with men!

Pretty rich really, given your past contributions to the board
I hadn't realised that you had obtained a masters degree in Psychiatry during my absence

I had you at bin man, or street sweeper.
“I had you at”???

What does that even mean?

I hadn't realised that you had obtained a masters degree in Psychiatry during my absence

Hardly a diagnosis my good sir now is it? But your attempts to demean me and prop up your own self image gives me further food for thought.

Same time next week? We'll get to the bottom of this Mr Cooper. It's going to take a lot of effort on your behalf, but I have faith in you even if nobody else does.

so that tells me me that you assume that a bin man or a street sweeper are not so bright because of the job they do, thats somewhat derogative, of people that do a good job. I personally know of two people that have degrees and can not find work in their chosen field, so they are on the bins doing a valuable job, for communities, and earning instead of being benefit scroungers.

I suggest going back to watch the Leicester game at the end of the season. Away to Leicester, fighting to get top 4. We controlled the game and thrashed them.

2nd most touches of the ball (Behind Doherty). **
2nd most Most tackles (behind Doherty). **
Most interceptions.
2nd most passes (behind pEH)
2nd most accurate crosses
Most accurate long balls
Ranked 4th (Bale, Doherty, Kane, Winks) by stats. **

** oh and Doherty is shit too right?

Not saying he was the greatest midfielder ever, but he did his job well; despite having not played regular football all season.
I suggest you look at the highlights of the Everton game where he was appalling
None of us played well but he was truly awful

so that tells me me that you assume that a bin man or a street sweeper are not so bright because of the job they do, thats somewhat derogative, of people that do a good job. I personally know of two people that have degrees and can not find work in their chosen field, so they are on the bins doing a valuable job, for communities, and earning instead of being benefit scroungers.
Simple clear arrogance from anyone who would look down on another person’s job

At least they’re having a go

Just like Winksyboy
He’s having a go but not good enough for us imv

Back
Top Bottom