Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every time i see this fella have a cameo i really end up impressed. Puts himself about a lot, not scared to go into tackles and even goes up for headers which he has no chance of winning... Oh and he can pass to. To me a better version of Carroll already... Hopefully he kicks on at a good pace

I think the U2 England 21's from Spurs, Winks and Harrison were invited to train with the seniors to make up the numbers.
England are using our facilities to train on.

I'm a big fan of Winks, and hope to see him in the team in the future. I just think he'll benefit from a loan to a Championship club, the way Pritchard did. Build up some experience in what is one of the toughest leagues in the world and build confidence to bring back.

He showed a great cameo against Juventus and I thought he was the best player on the park against Atletico. Can see him definitely getting games for the first team this season, surprised how little he played last season to be honest.

He showed a great cameo against Juventus and I thought he was the best player on the park against Atletico. Can see him definitely getting games for the first team this season, surprised how little he played last season to be honest.
Always been a great player/prospect. Probably the reason was his aggression and athleticism that stopped him from being trusted in a competitive game and why Onomah (although his mins were limited too) was ahead of him. In both of games he has shown his aggression. By winning the physical battle it also means he wins the physiological one too, all adding up to boosting his confidence and enabling him to get on the ball and do what he does best (hope that makes sense???). Basically he isn't chasing/forcing the game, he is beginning to dictate things.

Always been a great player/prospect. Probably the reason was his aggression and athleticism that stopped him from being trusted in a competitive game and why Onomah (although his mins were limited too) was ahead of him. In both of games he has shown his aggression. By winning the physical battle it also means he wins the physiological one too, all adding up to boosting his confidence and enabling him to get on the ball and do what he does best (hope that makes sense???). Basically he isn't chasing/forcing the game, he is beginning to dictate things.
He's alot stronger on the ball and seems more mobile than the likes of Carroll has ever looked. Whilst Carroll has always been deemed 'too lightweight' etc. - Winks seems to be out of the Modric academy.

He's alot stronger on the ball and seems more mobile than the likes of Carroll has ever looked. Whilst Carroll has always been deemed 'too lightweight' etc. - Winks seems to be out of the Modric academy.
It's a jigsaw puzzle everyone brings something to the game. it depends on where they are playing, who we are playing, who they play next to. Carroll is a smart footballer, he knows our system, he can be very effective if the other pieces of the puzzle work too.

Edit: The vid is to show Carrolls movement in our system

Back
Top Bottom