Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christ. He may not be Ronaldo but the hate he generates on here is like he's a scum player who always scores against us.

Not a player who's been at the club since he was 9 and is an England International.

Fucking state of some of you.

Christ. He may not be Ronaldo but the hate he generates on here is like he's a scum player who always scores against us.

Not a player who's been at the club since he was 9 and is an England International.

Fucking state of some of you.
Nail on the head.
Post of the thread.
Rhyming ends.

This reminds me , in the watford game, they were singing Sissoko and Danny Rose's name multiple times and were really appreciating their contributions. Winks should have grown a set of balls and gone to another club instead of still hiding out here where he is obviously not good enough. Its his own fault if he gets criticized.

This reminds me , in the watford game, they were singing Sissoko and Danny Rose's name multiple times and were really appreciating their contributions. Winks should have grown a set of balls and gone to another club instead of still hiding out here where he is obviously not good enough. Its his own fault if he gets criticized.
He is a Championship player. He would struggle to get in the Watford team. I guarantee you he's ending up in the lower leagues which is why the little shit is happy to hide away here for as long as he can. He won the football lottery and he knows it.

The sad reality is we have fans who'll tolerate that because he's a nice boy who's been here since he was 9 and they see little Winksy as one of their own.

He is a Championship player. He would struggle to get in the Watford team. I guarantee you he's ending up in the lower leagues which is why the little shit is happy to hide away here for as long as he can. He won the football lottery and he knows it.

The sad reality is we have fans who'll tolerate that because he's a nice boy who's been here since he was 9 and they see little Winksy as one of their own.
Yea probably. They werent just singing sissoko or rose's names randomly. It was happening after one of the two did something good. Winks wouldnt get the free meal ticket like he gets here with the 'one of our own' nonsense. He would have to earn the appreciation from a different set of fans and manager.

I thought rose would be fine over there and Sissoko would have been in trouble. But even Sissoko has been playing better for them than he did for us over the last year or so.

Yea probably. They werent just singing sissoko or rose's names randomly. It was happening after one of the two did something good. Winks wouldnt get the free meal ticket like he gets here with the 'one of our own' nonsense. He would have to earn the appreciation from a different set of fans and manager.

I thought rose would be fine over there and Sissoko would have been in trouble. But even Sissoko has been playing better for them than he did for us over the last year or so.

Winks is better than lamela.

I don't recall you pouting so hard agin him.

But then I've not been here for a while.
Maybe you did.

Winks is better than lamela.

I don't recall you pouting so hard agin him.

But then I've not been here for a while.
Maybe you did.
No he isn't. And he never was. Nor will he ever be. And i don't even think Lamela is that great but there is no planet where Winks is a better footballer.

Sissoko is better than Winks and he's fucking shit. So guess what that makes little Harry..

Let’s dive into the numbers, all of which I pulled from the Premier League website. You know who gets relentless criticism from our fan base and no one speaks out? Harry Winks. Let’s compare their stats.

Since Gio’s arrival, Lo Celso and Winks have played 49 and 48 games respectively. In that time, Gio has scored one Premier League goal and Winks has yet to score. Gio has provided three Premier League assists to Wink’s zero.

This is not to say Winks should start over Gio, but to show that a player that fans almost universally say should not be at this club is barely being outplayed by a player we brought in three years ago to be our creative link.

Let’s dig deeper and see how they move the team forward, since they play similar roles on the pitch. In three seasons, Gio has had 4 big chances created to Wink’s 1. However, what I find most damning is his passing.

Gio has completed 1580 passes compared to Wink’s 2398. Their pass completion is 83% to 88%. Skeptics would say that this is due to Wink’s frustrating preference to pass backwards or sideways, a fair criticism of the player.

However, out of those 2398 passes, Winks has 266 backwards passes compared to Gio’s 249! Winks has almost 1000 more passes and only 17 more backwards passes.

This is followed up with Gio having 479 forward passes compared to Wink’s 714 with the former being dispossessed 48 times compared to Wink’s 19.

Let’s dive into the numbers, all of which I pulled from the Premier League website. You know who gets relentless criticism from our fan base and no one speaks out? Harry Winks. Let’s compare their stats.

Since Gio’s arrival, Lo Celso and Winks have played 49 and 48 games respectively. In that time, Gio has scored one Premier League goal and Winks has yet to score. Gio has provided three Premier League assists to Wink’s zero.

This is not to say Winks should start over Gio, but to show that a player that fans almost universally say should not be at this club is barely being outplayed by a player we brought in three years ago to be our creative link.

Let’s dig deeper and see how they move the team forward, since they play similar roles on the pitch. In three seasons, Gio has had 4 big chances created to Wink’s 1. However, what I find most damning is his passing.

Gio has completed 1580 passes compared to Wink’s 2398. Their pass completion is 83% to 88%. Skeptics would say that this is due to Wink’s frustrating preference to pass backwards or sideways, a fair criticism of the player.

However, out of those 2398 passes, Winks has 266 backwards passes compared to Gio’s 249! Winks has almost 1000 more passes and only 17 more backwards passes.

This is followed up with Gio having 479 forward passes compared to Wink’s 714 with the former being dispossessed 48 times compared to Wink’s 19.
Wow.

Good stats mate.
I'm neither a defender nor a praiser of Winks. I hate slagging off our players, but I think those stats could be misleading.

If Winks is getting the ball from the defence and passing it forward to the FBs or wide men, that is a lot easier than trying to thread a ball through a packed defence when you're receiving the ball just behind the front players.

Back
Top Bottom