Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

don't think we are saying he or Dele have a space here, just that managers think they can change players most times they can't
Dele is a second stiker but needs a midfielder who can see a pass before its there (Eriksen)
Winks is an advance midfielder (not a good one but OK)

don't think we are saying he or Dele have a space here, just that managers think they can change players most times they can't
Dele is a second stiker but needs a midfielder who can see a pass before its there (Eriksen)
Winks is an advance midfielder (not a good one but OK)
Winks best position is playing as a link man between defence and attack, forward thinking but not an out and out attacking midfielder. Definitely not as a DM.
Sadly there are people who are too shallow to see that and like to get on the hang Winks bandwagon as if they were saying something worthwhile.
I hope he finds a good club that can use him for his best assets, probably in Spain where they favour players of his skillset.

Winks best position is playing as a link man between defence and attack, forward thinking but not an out and out attacking midfielder. Definitely not as a DM.
Sadly there are people who are too shallow to see that and like to get on the hang Winks bandwagon as if they were saying something worthwhile.
I hope he finds a good club that can use him for his best assets, probably in Spain where they favour players of his skillset.
The closest thing Winks has to a skillset is the skillet in his kitchen.

The closest thing Winks has to a skillset is the skillet in his kitchen.
I don't remember you, or anyone else for that matter, making remarks like that when he broke into the team and played in his best position and turned in performances that got him selected for his country. Using kitchen analogies you wouldn't use a can opener to beat eggs, but you could manage it at a push. Throwing it in the bin because because you buy an egg whisk would speak more about the cook than the utensil.

I don't remember you, or anyone else for that matter, making remarks like that when he broke into the team and played in his best position and turned in performances that got him selected for his country. Using kitchen analogies you wouldn't use a can opener to beat eggs, but you could manage it at a push. Throwing it in the bin because because you buy an egg whisk would speak more about the cook than the utensil.
jack black wtf GIF

Maybe not kitchen utensils but I'd wager the majority of the board have been lamenting Winks for a good two or three years, especially in match threads.

Maybe not kitchen utensils but I'd wager the majority of the board have been lamenting Winks for a good two or three years, especially in match threads.
problem is managers are trying to use him as DM, he will never be a DM
if you want a DM buy one, unless you are a great DM coach in that class you MAY be able to teach someone that role, but can you teach that sensing danger iteligents (don't think so)

I thought he looked good for a while. Unfortunately he's never been the same since that freak injury.

I thought he looked good for a while. Unfortunately he's never been the same since that freak injury.
There's probably a lot of that in it as well. He definitely needs to move on, if for no other reason to get away from the toxic "support" he gets, from people who are supposed to be fans of the team.
I hope he does move soon, and equally I wish him all the best, and hope he gets back to the best form he's had. He seems a nice enough lad - just a shame he couldn't have done it for us.

Trying to turn him into a DM was a shit idea too.
I don't know why managers have persisted with that idea. One of the best games I ever saw him play was for England; practically as an AM. Lots of progressive play and some proper bite to his game. That was quite some time ago though.

I don't know why managers have persisted with that idea. One of the best games I ever saw him play was for England; practically as an AM. Lots of progressive play and some proper bite to his game. That was quite some time ago though.

He had his strengths coached out of him at an early stage.... Sad really. Poch's diamond ruined him.

Back
Top Bottom