Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For quite a long time something has been bothering me about Winks, but I could not put it into words.

But recently I have figured out what it was: he kills forward progression of the ball both directly and indirectly.

In other words, try and notice his passing: most of it is sideways or backwards (directly), however when he does pass forward that recipient will need to pas backwards himself or lose the ball (indirectly), and this happens a staggering amount of times (‘always’)…

Once you notice it, you pretty much can’t unsee it. So if any of you spot this as well during future matches, let me know. Curious to see if I’m getting biased or really did spot a serious flaw.
He also exposes himself to young girls in the crowd, murders ball boys, shits in the tea urn and burns orphanage's with petrol soaked spurs shirts.
His great grandfather Phortie, was the sleeping Watchman on the Titanic. The euphemism for catching a quick sleep, "napping" was named after him.

For quite a long time something has been bothering me about Winks, but I could not put it into words.

But recently I have figured out what it was: he kills forward progression of the ball both directly and indirectly.

In other words, try and notice his passing: most of it is sideways or backwards (directly), however when he does pass forward that recipient will need to pas backwards himself or lose the ball (indirectly), and this happens a staggering amount of times (‘always’)…

Once you notice it, you pretty much can’t unsee it. So if any of you spot this as well during future matches, let me know. Curious to see if I’m getting biased or really did spot a serious flaw.

Have you worked out Winks is shit all by yourself

:harryhmm:

You know it, I know it but does Mason know it?

TDLR - Winks is shit

Welcome to where I was 3 years ago.
Even more obvious is that he will pass backwards so many times, that eventually the players behind him get the hump and lump it forward, often giving the ball away.

I wonder how much it costs to develop a player from a young age at the club. Still not the figures you're saying but it's probably a lot more than we think

When Kane finally gets his wish and is sold then the academy will have paid for itself and then some.

But as for the costs of the academy I think only Levy really knows. As much as he micro manages every Modric shirt, there comes a point when it is just funny money. Especially when the property development scouts outnumber the football scouts in the office secret santa draw.

When Kane finally gets his wish and is sold then the academy will have paid for itself and then some.

But as for the costs of the academy I think only Levy really knows. As much as he micro manages every Modric shirt, there comes a point when it is just funny money. Especially when the property development scouts outnumber the football scouts in the office secret santa draw.

In the last 10 years we've done in excess of £100m in terms of the sale of academy players.

Regardless, the prior question as to how much it costs to put an individual through the academy was an interesting one. Levy blah; less so.

Welcome to where I was 3 years ago.
Even more obvious is that he will pass backwards so many times, that eventually the players behind him get the hump and lump it forward, often giving the ball away.
He also plays with a compass in his shorts and stabs the other Spurs players with it, as well as stealing all the socks In the changing room when he gets subbed.
He once ate a live cat.

Back
Top Bottom