Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hearing that Everton are only going to accept him on loan

Fuck that they’ve got Dele and we haven’t received a penny yet

This makes no sense. It's not just a fan competition to play for Spurs. He is paid handsomely as a professional footballer and is nowhere near the required level anymore. That cameo vs Everton was embarrassing. If he truly loved Spurs, he would leave for the benefit of the team as he recognises he is not good enough.

Yes we know he is paid well. He and Sissoko where the midfield that got us to a CL final.

he may not be good enough for what we need now but that isn’t his issue, he played because he was the best we had in that role and that sits with the club not Winks, him just leaving and us having nobody would have be even worse, it is the clubs job to sort the squad out not Harry Winks.

Like Townsend, Mason and Carroll he gave his best and had to move on, he wasn’t a cunt like Ndombele. I wish him well with Everton.

Champions League Waiting GIF by UEFA
cmon winsky where are you mate

hiding and avoiding 50-50s is giving it your all?

anyway, the little mugs gone and good riddance. conte has come in and changed the culture, no more soft spursy shit. getting rid of winks is the symbolism of a culture shift. onwards and upwards finally!
Winks did not get us to the CL final. He played in it

He was only on the pitch in one of the City games, not in either squad against Ajax
Blimey, tough crowd!

I'd rather a Spurs fan (like Winks) playing for Spurs and maybe not being the best player we've ever had.... than someone like Darren Bent or Jason Cundy, who were also just as shit, but clearly supported our rivals, so there was always gonna be suspicion about their commitment.... (Yes Matt Doherty.... you n'all!)

At least Winks GAVE a shit, even if he wasn't the most gifted player we've ever had....

John Polsten was a Spurs fan... Andy Turner and Paul Moran were Yids... As was David Howells...
None of them were out greatest ever midfielders.... But at least they all cared!
I just don't get the hate for Winks....

Anyway, he's as good as gone....
Get over it.

actually mental they would wanna buy him after they see that first hand. what a fantastic bunch they have now. couple of cross dressers, dele alli, little harry winks and some useless twat from Woolwich they overpaid 30 mill on. they deserve to go down.
I hope they stay up, theyve done us a massive favour taking our trash.

I just don't get the hate for Winks....
It comes from the basic fact that he is really shit and been here for too long. You are right though , its the fault of people who buy and sell players not his own that he is still here. But just like ndombele , he was a turd that couldnt be flushed. Thankfully our new plumber doesnt want to tolerate crap.

I hope they stay up, theyve done us a massive favour taking our trash.
just hope we get that 40 mill for dele and whatever for winks. they have literally taken on our soft culture and added it to an already soft pathetic lot they already have, deserve to go down they really do. if they stay up, the bottom 3 are a disgrace to football.

I’m really going to miss Winks. His incisive through balls. Composure on the ball. Sheer tenacity in defence and general ability to score from anywhere inside the opponents half will be sorely missed.

Spurs lad, when he came in he was amazing passing moving had everything and I truly believe if he didn't get injured he would be amazing

Whatever happens I hope he does well, he's lived the life everyone of us dream about
Usual Spurs tinted glasses. He was functional in a team that retained possession very well and had players like Dembele or Wanyma protecting him. He's hopeless at keeping the ball, he's hopeless at tackling, he's hopeless at getting back into position after anyone loses the ball, he rarely ever played a pass more than 10 yards exclusively favouring a safety pass.

He's a very average footballer who happened to emerge in a team that was pushing for a title. As the team around him declined all of his shortcomings , of which there are many, became more obvious.
His injury cannot be used as an excuse. Lots of players have injuries and come back. Lots of young players have them, come back and carry on their upwards trajectory. He just isn't a very good footballer.

Usual Spurs tinted glasses. He was functional in a team that retained possession very well and had players like Dembele or Wanyma protecting him. He's hopeless at keeping the ball, he's hopeless at tackling, he's hopeless at getting back into position after anyone loses the ball, he rarely ever played a pass more than 10 yards exclusively favouring a safety pass.

He's a very average footballer who happened to emerge in a team that was pushing for a title. As the team around him declined all of his shortcomings , of which there are many, became more obvious.
His injury cannot be used as an excuse. Lots of players have injuries and come back. Lots of young players have them, come back and carry on their upwards trajectory. He just isn't a very good footballer.
Harsh.

There’s definitely a footballer in Winks somewhere.

I just think that footballer should be playing Sunday league.

:mourloopy:

Usual cunt tinted glasses. His best games he didn't have either Wanyama or Dembele next to him.

"Some Spurs fans are not going to like this piece and they certainly won't read it, but I think Harry Winks deserves a much better goodbye than he's likely to get this summer." - Alastair Gold

Back
Top Bottom