Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tbf most supporters have given up on praising his play and focus entirely on other fans saying mean things.

Which is kind of insulting to the guy in a way.

Some people support the players and some people support the club. Usually this is mutual support but occasionally not. Kane throwing his toys a year ago was a great example.

Other people entirely just want to cunt off other fans to feel superior.
Bullshit, it's called being mature and behaving like an adult.
Waging a spiteful campaign of infantile insults about a guy who's a thousand times the footballer that his detractors are, is a display of juvenile ignorance. We can all see the gap between his current standard and the requirements it's just that some of us don't feel the need to relentlessly post 5- 10 infant school standard diatribes a day.
It's fucking boring, and unnecessary and shows a lack of maturity and judgement.
If the cap fits - wear it.

Bullshit, it's called being mature and behaving like an adult.
Waging a spiteful campaign of infantile insults about a guy who's a thousand times the footballer that his detractors are, is a display of juvenile ignorance. We can all see the gap between his current standard and the requirements it's just that some of us don't feel the need to relentlessly post 5- 10 infant school standard diatribes a day.
It's fucking boring, and unnecessary and shows a lack of maturity and judgement.
If the cap fits - wear it.
You’re hard

Ah, you don't like Winks because he isn't a goal threat.

I'd hate to see what you think of Skipp and you must have hated Wanyama, Modric and Demeble; they hardly ever scored.
Winksyboy now its time to join Everton/Saints/Leeds/Palace forums and start convincing them why you could be a good signing for them.

John Pratt, Stephen Clemence, Steffen Freund, Jason Dozell, Josh Onomah, John Jackson, Nicola Berti, Michael Brown, Ghaly, Jose Dominguez, Moussa Saib, Jamie O'Hara, Sean Davis, Terry Yorath, Dean Marney, Jake Livermore, Alex Pritchard, Gary Brady ...

John Pratt, Stephen Clemence, Steffen Freund, Jason Dozell, Josh Onomah, John Jackson, Nicola Berti, Michael Brown, Ghaly, Jose Dominguez, Moussa Saib, Jamie O'Hara, Sean Davis, Terry Yorath, Dean Marney, Jake Livermore, Alex Pritchard, Gary Brady ...

I'd pick the bold ones over Winks. I'd have to remind myself of a lot of the others.

I actually don't "hate" Winks. He's not good enough to play for Spurs and is often, if not always the reason we play badly.

My issue is that there are still people who can't see it. I'm not alone in having picked up years ago that he offered nothing other than safe, short passes, usually backwards. He's gotten progressively worse since then.
2-3 years later absolutely no one should be under the impression he's good enough.

Poch dropped him.
Mourinho dropped him.
Nuno dropped him.
Conte dropped him.

Sure, no one needs to call him names and give him abuse. But equally, no one should be making claims he's got any right to be at an elite football club anymore. That's not his level.

I'd pick the bold ones over Winks. I'd have to remind myself of a lot of the others.

I actually don't "hate" Winks. He's not good enough to play for Spurs and is often, if not always the reason we play badly.

My issue is that there are still people who can't see it. I'm not alone in having picked up years ago that he offered nothing other than safe, short passes, usually backwards. He's gotten progressively worse since then.
2-3 years later absolutely no one should be under the impression he's good enough.

Poch dropped him.
Mourinho dropped him.
Nuno dropped him.
Conte dropped him.

Sure, no one needs to call him names and give him abuse. But equally, no one should be making claims he's got any right to be at an elite football club anymore. That's not his level.
I would have Freund on the list of worst players I have seen at Spurs. He was a shadow of his former self when he came to us, same with Yorath. Michael Brown mostly ran around knocking people over. Game of opinions I guess.

I agree that it is time for Harry Winks to move on though, in his interest as well as ours if we get a decent fee.

Poch dropped him.
Mourinho dropped him.
Nuno dropped him.
Conte dropped him.

Who has?

John Pratt is another convenient whipping boy. Good enough for Billy Nick and Keith Burkinshaw but not good enough for the experts in the fan base.

Was at the club for 15 years. Played 331 times and scored 39 goals. Was in 2 Cup winning sides.

Deserves a bit more respect in my opinion.

Poch dropped him.
Mourinho dropped him.
Nuno dropped him.
Conte dropped him.

If you don't hate him - how come you spend so much time on here posting derogatory comments about him?

I would have Freund on the list of worst players I have seen at Spurs. He was a shadow of his former self when he came to us, same with Yorath. Michael Brown mostly ran around knocking people over. Game of opinions I guess.

I agree that it is time for Harry Winks to move on though, in his interest as well as ours if we get a decent fee.

Maybe time has been kind, but all of those players offered a little something. Some of them were bad, but no worse than the team as well.
Whereas Winks is behind the rest now. Very far behind.
My interest in Spurs began in 1994 so any players to have played before then I can't judge and many between then and probably the mid 00's are little more than familiar names. That's my problem

Terry Yorath? He was exactly what we needed when we got him. I loved John Pratt as well,for his effort alone.
I suppose it's about opinions.
The only player I recall back when I was a kid getting proper grief was Gordon Smith. We would have a striker injured,and the shelf would be shouting "number 4" when the sub was coming on. It was light hearted though.

John Pratt is another convenient whipping boy. Good enough for Billy Nick and Keith Burkinshaw but not good enough for the experts in the fan base.

Was at the club for 15 years. Played 331 times and scored 39 goals. Was in 2 Cup winning sides.

Deserves a bit more respect in my opinion.
He is also a really decent bloke who is good company if you get the chance of a natter with him

He was a shadow of his former self when he came to us
Winks is a shadow of his former self as well though. It just so happens that his deterioration has happened while he's been with us. That injury is doubtless partly to blame, but I'd also argue that he became too comfortable and somewhat timid as a consequence.

Yes, many fans are on his back, but some of his performances have been pretty atrocious and he's very inconsistent.

Sell. Asap

Back
Top Bottom